Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:08:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] ALETHENA [ATH] – First Swiss Blockchain-Asset Rating  (Read 7384 times)
kay90277

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:40:02 AM

Due to our business model we are not allowed to judge about other ICOs. However, since we are filling up a niche in the crypo space and are the enablers that connect the old corporate world with the new crypto world, our potential is vast for the B2B channel. Also, we are promoting transparency and sustainability which is an imperative for the future cryptomarket. Eventually, if you support the Crypto (Blockchain) Nation Switzerland vision, you should support us. If you invest into us, you invest into the future of the cryptomarket.  

Ok, i understand. But you mention that you are filling up a niche - I'm not sure whether it is a good case to invest in a niche player. How do you scale for the future? How big will your business be?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rob_hah

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:53:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback and we are happy that we can convey the message to the community that we are highly legit. We are currently entering strategic partnerships wherefrom we will get a substantial amount of new projects to be rated. In the meantime, we are working on various use cases that will be published in the coming weeks. Also, to get traction from the community, we won't charge the users for now to access the in-depth rating results. I hope this helps! 

When will be the next use case online? Still unsure whether to invest or not.

Additionally, I do not really understand the concept of the security token. Do I now buy a security or a token? Is it equity of the company? There are still too many things unclear for me...anyone that can help?
pcaversaccio

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:54:38 AM

Due to our business model we are not allowed to judge about other ICOs. However, since we are filling up a niche in the crypo space and are the enablers that connect the old corporate world with the new crypto world, our potential is vast for the B2B channel. Also, we are promoting transparency and sustainability which is an imperative for the future cryptomarket. Eventually, if you support the Crypto (Blockchain) Nation Switzerland vision, you should support us. If you invest into us, you invest into the future of the cryptomarket.  

Ok, i understand. But you mention that you are filling up a niche - I'm not sure whether it is a good case to invest in a niche player. How do you scale for the future? How big will your business be?

Ok, maybe my wording was not correct - what I mean is that we are the missing piece in the cryptomarket. In order to scale we are working on the integration of an ML-based semantic search algorithm to facilitate information aggregation and support our qualitative rating process. Overall, we are planning with 1000 ICOs / per year by 2020 that are rated by us. Moreover, we will also provide additional crypto data (time series data, hype factor, benchmarking, etc.) that leads to our 360 degrees platform.
kay90277

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:00:26 AM

Ok, maybe my wording was not correct - what I mean is that we are the missing piece in the cryptomarket. In order to scale we are working on the integration of an ML-based semantic search algorithm to facilitate information aggregation and support our qualitative rating process. Overall, we are planning with 1000 ICOs / per year by 2020 that are rated by us. Moreover, we will also provide additional crypto data (time series data, hype factor, benchmarking, etc.) that leads to our 360 degrees platform.

Thanks for clarifying. This sounds amazing, but how do you ensure that you are not rating scams with a high number? Your team looks pretty young and I doubt that you have the expertise to tell which ICO is good and which one not. Or what makes you eligible to rate ICOs? Do you have background in rating?
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:01:36 AM

Thanks for the feedback and we are happy that we can convey the message to the community that we are highly legit. We are currently entering strategic partnerships wherefrom we will get a substantial amount of new projects to be rated. In the meantime, we are working on various use cases that will be published in the coming weeks. Also, to get traction from the community, we won't charge the users for now to access the in-depth rating results. I hope this helps! 

When will be the next use case online? Still unsure whether to invest or not.

Additionally, I do not really understand the concept of the security token. Do I now buy a security or a token? Is it equity of the company? There are still too many things unclear for me...anyone that can help?

I will let you asap when a new use case will be released - two are currently under review. Regarding the token: we are issuing an Asset Token with limitied voting- and profit share rights and which is fully compliant with Swiss Financial Market Law. We wrote an article about your question on Medium: https://medium.com/alethena/why-only-limited-token-holder-rights-eab4780c06f0

Let me know if the concept of an asset token is still unclear (an asset token is not directly a digital equity under Swiss law due to the stock corporation law - however it constitutes a security)
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:09:57 AM

Thanks for clarifying. This sounds amazing, but how do you ensure that you are not rating scams with a high number? Your team looks pretty young and I doubt that you have the expertise to tell which ICO is good and which one not. Or what makes you eligible to rate ICOs? Do you have background in rating?

I fully understand your arguments - that's why we have onboarded various top-notch strategic advisors. E.g. Luzius Meisser is the founder of the Bitcoin Association Switzerland and THE crypto-pioneer in Switzerland (since 2012 in the space), or Alessandro de Carli who is the technical Blockchain Advisor of Aeternity (top 25 cryptocurrency). We do not claim that we have all the skills in-house - where further insights are needed (legally, technically etc.) we however know the right people to assist here. Since we are processing not only public data but also confidential data (an ICO firm is required at the beginning to provide us various documents that are not public) we assure that based on the facts we do not rate scams well.
autoexchange

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:47:06 AM

Will you have a bounty campaign? Or airdrop maybe?
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:28:27 AM

Will you have a bounty campaign? Or airdrop maybe?
Hi, no we are not running a bounty campaign and there will be no airdrops.
makuzi_alethena

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:56:18 AM

This article might be of interest regarding bounty campaigns:

https://medium.com/alethena/why-bounty-campaigns-do-more-long-term-harm-than-good-to-the-crypto-ecosystem-153564a059f3
kay90277

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:13:33 PM

I fully understand your arguments - that's why we have onboarded various top-notch strategic advisors. E.g. Luzius Meisser is the founder of the Bitcoin Association Switzerland and THE crypto-pioneer in Switzerland (since 2012 in the space), or Alessandro de Carli who is the technical Blockchain Advisor of Aeternity (top 25 cryptocurrency). We do not claim that we have all the skills in-house - where further insights are needed (legally, technically etc.) we however know the right people to assist here. Since we are processing not only public data but also confidential data (an ICO firm is required at the beginning to provide us various documents that are not public) we assure that based on the facts we do not rate scams well.

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, your board of advisors is impressive - but why isn't your project getting more traction in the community? As I'm also from Switzerland I think you should get a lot of support from the cryptovalley community?
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, your board of advisors is impressive - but why isn't your project getting more traction in the community? As I'm also from Switzerland I think you should get a lot of support from the cryptovalley community?

We get a lot of traction - however the traction is really focussed on the institutionals and unfortunately not coming from the crowd. Overall, the (Swiss) crypto community is highly sceptical towards rating agencies and it will take time until they "accept" us. However, we really try to promote our idea in Switzerland (we had a couple of events in Zurich / Zug; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/swissrealcoin-a-rating-use-case-by-alethena-tickets-45719547397#; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/panel-discussion-methodological-rating-of-blockchain-assets-tickets-45915450348#).
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:28:33 PM

ICO rating platforms place substantial value on social media indicators. The problem with this is that likes and shares not only reveal little about an ICO’s chance of success, they are also often falsified with purchased followers.
https://medium.com/alethena/this-is-why-social-media-indicators-have-no-business-in-ico-ratings-96eb67c2f8c9
rob_hah

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:09:13 PM

I will let you asap when a new use case will be released - two are currently under review. Regarding the token: we are issuing an Asset Token with limitied voting- and profit share rights and which is fully compliant with Swiss Financial Market Law. We wrote an article about your question on Medium: https://medium.com/alethena/why-only-limited-token-holder-rights-eab4780c06f0

Let me know if the concept of an asset token is still unclear (an asset token is not directly a digital equity under Swiss law due to the stock corporation law - however it constitutes a security)

Great to hear - yes please let me know. This is indeed a very interesting article you shared on medium. What is your exchange listing strategy?
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:39:56 PM

Great to hear - yes please let me know. This is indeed a very interesting article you shared on medium. What is your exchange listing strategy?
Sure, will do! The listing strategy is that we start with decentralised exchanges and aim to get listed at a centralised exchange with a security broker license in Q4 2018.
natecaviar
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:23:18 PM

Hey everyone. We want to take a more honest approach to doing an ICO and believe a lot of the practices that have become common to be actually very harmful to the whole of Blockchain.
Pascal, our CEO, wrote a piece on it - any thoughts?
https://medium.com/alethena/this-is-why-social-media-indicators-have-no-business-in-ico-ratings-96eb67c2f8c9
rob_hah

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:58:51 AM

Sure, will do! The listing strategy is that we start with decentralised exchanges and aim to get listed at a centralised exchange with a security broker license in Q4 2018.

By when do you expect dividend payments? When I should hold the token I would like to get something back.
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:24:23 AM

By when do you expect dividend payments? When I should hold the token I would like to get something back.

According to our business plan we expect company profits and therefore dividends by end of 2019. That's exactly our motivation behind our asset token - letting investors participate in our growth.
rob_hah

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:27:30 AM

According to our business plan we expect company profits and therefore dividends by end of 2019. That's exactly our motivation behind our asset token - letting investors participate in our growth.

Any concrete projections what I can expect as a potential investor?
pcaversaccio

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:56:49 AM

Any concrete projections what I can expect as a potential investor?
Please check out the "When Moon" section on our website: https://www.alethena.com/. There we provide this information.
kay90277

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:50:57 AM

one more question: will you be present at a blockchain summit the next days where I can meet the team?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: