Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legally anonymous  (Read 2465 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:44:16 AM

same result as b4.....

Sorry about that, indio007. I'm going to research the problem to get it fix. BTW, are you truly interested in reading that WHOLE post? I wonder if the OP (enquirer) was able to read it before the MoDs moved it, again.

Yes very much. I read very fast so length don't matter.

I just got a PM from one of the members here stating that the entire thread had to be permanently removed. Perhaps fake man or some other member may have a screen shot of said thread.

TARTER SAUCE!
or

You caught the TARTER!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:20:49 AM

So every transaction can be traced to its origin. If I connect to the network through TOR and generate 50 BTC, and then buy some substance with it, it's very hard to trace that to me. But even if I bought coins at an exchange, and they, as required, have  verified my identity, I can still do the following:

- create another wallet (possibly online, like instawallet)
- transfer some BTC to that wallet
- buy substance with that second wallet
- erase that second wallet

now I can always say in court that I paid some other guy for his service (drug withdrawal consultancy?) and that's him who later bought the substance. While obvious lie, can that be considered a proof beyond reasonable doubt that I indeed bought the substance?

The person you bought from could very likely have been FBI/DEA, and as soon as they've created enough of a network of people like yourselves who have bought 'substances' that they think they will be bust another Silk Road supplier, they will kick in your door and put you in jail.

If you think FBI/DEA aren't at least one of the sellers on Silk Road, you're an idiot.

You will get busted
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: