Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Silk Road seized and the downfall of Mt.Gox  (Read 964 times)
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:27:12 AM

You just searched what is Rootstock and just copied it with the sources. Try to make it with your own words. Take time to read what is RSK and simply explain it using your own learning.

This is better, so tell me - what is your personal opinion of rootstock?

Good definition of RSK or Rootstock information by the "theyoungmillionaire"

Here are my thoughts on RSK.

CLAIM)  RSK is a drive chain/side chain/federations way of approving or finding consensus for BTC payments almost instantly.

This may improve the transaction speeds slightly on the BTC network, but it's not going to fix the bottleneck of the protocol.

Current speeds for BTC Network are (7) transactions per second [1]. Even if by side chaining or other processes, you still need to find consensus for the "locked" BTC and update the public ledger. Enter the bottleneck on BTC and you've only temporarily side stepped a problem.

Think of it like this: If you patch a bottleneck ... you still have a bottleneck   OR   if you put lipstick on a PIG it's still a PIG.

Bitcoin is a great store of value, but not effective as a means of Point-of-Sale payments for good and services.

When I see RSK's claim of "almost" instant payments, I find it very dubious.  What happens when a large data set of requests come on the network?  More than likely (bc of the BTC bottlenecks), RSK may be able to process funds on their side, but the BTC side would end up in a queue jam (think traffic jam ... in LA) and there would be nothing almost instant about the process. It would be similar to Decemeber 2017 and transactions would take minutes or longer.

Edward Snowden agrees with my understanding of really the "block chain" bottlenecks as a whole [2] . Transaction speeds and the public ledger are massive design flaws.

Unless some of these "side chain" projects can defy the laws of physics.  None of them can fix this problem.  I'm not impressed by RSK or the Lightning Network as explained above.

The best way to achieve the goal of every day transactions would be to convert BTC to another crypto that can provide high speeds.  Unfortunately, none exist yet  (or do they)?

Here is an interesting article on current progress of the Lightning Network:  https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-lightning-payments-slowly-becoming-less-reckless/

Let me know your thoughts on the post everyone?  Hope you found this interesting and informative.

REFERENCES

[1] https://howmuch.net/articles/crypto-transaction-speeds-compared

[2] https://www.coindesk.com/edward-snowden-public-ledger-is-bitcoins-big-flaw/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
domasal

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:42:29 AM

Now the problem is that mt gox is destroying bitcoin by crashing the market whenever they decide to sell. Would be good if they done it more responsibly with just a few at a time
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: