Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust System on this Forum  (Read 862 times)
Lucky 8 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:23:51 PM

So, I'm a newbie to this site. I don't mean a complete noob, I have read around the forum for about 2 weeks. My main question is how does someone get "trust"? An example of what I mean by trust is: If I go into Marketplace ---> Services and post that I'm Escrowing, no one will use it because I have no trust, I understand how to system works with users "up voting" my trust, but how does someone start out to get a base of trust? Thanks for all the help guys, I really like this forum and plan on being an active member!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:57:28 PM

So, I'm a newbie to this site. I don't mean a complete noob, I have read around the forum for about 2 weeks. My main question is how does someone get "trust"? An example of what I mean by trust is: If I go into Marketplace ---> Services and post that I'm Escrowing, no one will use it because I have no trust, I understand how to system works with users "up voting" my trust, but how does someone start out to get a base of trust? Thanks for all the help guys, I really like this forum and plan on being an active member!

You trade with people, people start trusting (or not) you. After a very long time, showing that you know about bitcoin and contribute to it in some way, you can think about starting a escrow service. Actually, there are rare situations where a escrow service is in fact needed, given proper use of what bitcoin already allows.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

Uh, get people to trust you, they go to your trust profile and post comments like 'Done trade with him, sent goods on time'.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:07:26 PM

This site is run by scammers and they promote selling accounts.  You cannot trust anything here and don't trust any of the ads, you have to look into everything yourself.

The horror of knowledge Sad

moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:13:44 PM

This site is run by scammers and they promote selling accounts.  You cannot trust anything here and don't trust any of the ads, you have to look into everything yourself.

By that logic I cannot trust you, so I cannot trust that this site is run by scammers or that they promote selling accounts.

Selling accounts is something that you just have to accept, it happens and will continue happening. Promote != not stopping the impossible.

The rest I agree with you (but since you can't trust anything, you might not trust that I agree with you).
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:15:41 PM

you have to look into everything yourself.
OH MY GOD!
That's IMMORAL! Someone HAS to protect me!

By the way it's just like for my money, it's not my role to assure my own security.
Better use one of those online wallets. I heard "inputs.io" is kinda good.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:29:54 PM

OH MY GOD!

That is part of the mission of the Bitcoin Foundation:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/

Bitcoin Foundation standardizes, protects and promotes the use of Bitcoin cryptographic money for the benefit of users worldwide.

So it is failing pretty bad ? I have no reason to believe that the Bitcoin Foundation should be enforcing rules in this forum...
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:07:13 PM

OH MY GOD!

That is part of the mission of the Bitcoin Foundation:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/

Bitcoin Foundation standardizes, protects and promotes the use of Bitcoin cryptographic money for the benefit of users worldwide.

So bitcointalk.org = Bitcoin Foundation now?  Well shit, that's news to me!
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:46:06 PM

You have to trade and send first.  Just make sure you trust the person you're trading with, though!  Smiley

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:56:50 PM

The Bitcoin Foundation not being on the biggest Bitcoin forum would be kinda odd no?
It doesn't mean they are associated

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:23:46 AM

Actually I got a little sad now, did an admin lock this obvious scam https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348240.0 ? What makes me sad is that completely obvious threads where accounts are negotiated do not get closed. I wouldn't care if both were not closed, but since one of them are, I see no reason to not close the other category of scam.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:30:11 AM

Most other sites have a policy against selling accounts.  While they cannot always control it they also do not promote it.  The people who run this site promote the sale of accounts directly in threads.  They claim it is a way of warning new users that accounts are sold.  They can warn their members without promoting it.  Unlike this site, most other web sites are run by adults who take responsibility for their actions.

Most sites have to deal with a handful of people who are tech savy enough to evade modern banning, alt account creating, and account selling techniques. This isn't a Hello Kitty forum, the users here know how to get around anything we could throw at them, so by allowing account sales, people aren't disallusioned into thinking it couldn't happen. Sure we could probably stop 25% of account sales and multi accounts and such, but then those people that care enough to do it right would be able to cause a ton of damage.

Anyone who follows things closely knows they are sufficiently associated and could be drawn into any prosecution or civil suit.  Further, their stated mission is to help protect Bitcoin users from the kinds of things that go on here.  Now only should they disassociate themselves from this site, they should be warning users about it.  Specifically, they should have warned users about inputs.io as people like DannyHamilton were already sending plenty of warnings.  If DannyHamilton knew enough to give all those warnings the Foundation knew or should have known.  

The Bitcoin Foundation could have been sued for representing Bitcoin which was used to buy drugs on the Silk Road. Honestly, I think the whole Bitcoin Foundation idea is stupid, and I've got personal bets with a few people as to when they get sued.

On topic, you gain trust be being a long time member in good standing. Always use escrow, and always assume that someone is trying to steal your money.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:37:30 AM

Most people will only leave negative trust. I only once got 1 positive trust and that was only after I repeatedly asked the guy I was trading with to leave it. Also trolls can leave unfounded negative trust and the mods won't remove it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: