Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:26:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: P2P cloud computing business  (Read 2672 times)
Bitbird (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 06:25:17 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2011, 08:43:10 AM by Bitbird

It's just an idea for now. Should be write more details latter. (add below)

1. Bitcoin mining network could be (or become) most powerful computing network of the world.
2. When bitcoin's price or difficulty on low/high point the mining network could do other computing works.
3. There're many fields and applications needing these kind of computing powers.
4. For the coming big-data age, parallel computing will be massively demend.

related information / links:

If there're like mind people who also think this might be a way to support bitcoin computing network please feel free to comment. I'm considering initiate a seed funding presently. Thanks for reading!

(progress: searching data for related and collection opinions.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 11:40:49 PM

Nice, I just had the same thought and ended up in this thread.

this guy also had the same idea: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=516770

I think the effort would be quite excessive to enable this on a low level vm so programs in any language can run on it.
My motivation is getting decentralized application hosting in a manner tor does that for static web pages, with the possibility to be extended to scientific calculations and other number crunching.

The simplest solution might be to just use golang and it's abilities to run on distributed infrastructure.
Bitbird (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 05:45:20 PM

Very great idea! Maybe a small scale general-purpose computing P2P network could be done using some open source software/frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, I2P)? I'm trying to do more research and find the right solutions for now.

Beside general-purpose computing, I don't know whether a large scale open grid OS practicable or not at the moment.

Just found this and didn't read yet... :

Parallax - A New Operating System for Scalable, Distributed and Parallel Computing - Intel® Software Network - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/parallax-parallel-computing/

Talk you latter!

Bitbird (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2011, 10:10:07 AM

Potential systems and OS for BTC mining network as single distributed supercomputing platform:

MOSIX VCL Cluster Platform - http://www.mosix.org/txt_vcl.html
"The VCL cluster platform allows OpenCL applications to transparently utilize many GPU devices in a cluster, as if all the devices are on the local computer."

Inferno - http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/
"A compact operating system for building cross-platform distributed systems"

(update continuing...)

finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 11:34:25 AM

Computing what ?
There's some miner in china turn their rigs to unlock the passphrase of cellphone,
more profitable than mining Bitcoin.

But it can't be distributed and verified by shares.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:37:02 PM

I don't think this can be incorporated into Bitcoin.  How would you implement proof-of-work?

(BFL)^2 < 0
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 02:59:55 AM

It's a long shot, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgNBjwXTrqA&feature=related

The important part is at the end, in out case it basically it means attempting enumerating instruction sub-sets with a cypher and then compiling code on a different machine than it executed. Performance would suck but that depends on the level of security/anonymity the process would need.
Request

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 01:25:24 PM

This is very interesting topic.  I've been followed new posts to this thread since it was created because I got the same kind of idea.

I am a founder of cloud computing based Software as a Service (SaaS) -business. I am working with modern cloud computing software and I know it is not just a hype, especially when we can implement this kind of ideas to the market and share the profit.

I have discussed about this idea with engineer worked in Nokia Corporation and he thinks too this is possible to build. If it really is, I have a connections also to private investors and to development funding that my country public sector may offer - I am serious about that.

After when we know each other and we know that this technology can be build up, I think in the future some offshore company for example in Hong Kong could be the solution to incorporate.

I hope I can be contact with you soon about this great idea.
Bitbird (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 05:26:56 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2011, 05:46:25 PM by Bitbird

@Request

Very nice! I'll look forward to heard about your new progress!

And yes, set-up an incorporation in Hong Kong would be a quite feasible and strategical solution considering it's geography superiority and low tax rate.

Bitbird (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 05:24:02 PM

Found this project:

"OpenAdap.net is an Open Source project aimed at breaking the barriers existing in the flow of data access and data processing. The infrastructure will make possible the dissemination of resources like knowledge, tools or data, their exposure to evaluation in ways that might be unanticipated and hence support the emergence of communities of users around a specific domain. The architecture is designed by analogy with a virtual distributed operating system in which the dynamic resources are presented as files in a structured virtual file system featuring ownership and access permissions. " - [openAdap.net]

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 06:16:06 PM

Hey Bitbird, thanks for the PM. I looked into Inferno during a rainy weekend not long ago with a similar itch of an idea (I wanted to individually trade the three aspects of currency and computing: storage of value, medium of exchange (bandwidth), and unit of account (processing)). While Inferno is cool and blazingly fast (even under emulation), its not practical. It's the ultimate operating system that could have been.

I think ElectricMucus' golang suggestion is very promising.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Request

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 07:41:41 PM

Since the last post's of this topic there has happened a lot in the cloud computing industry which I have followed. But there has been also good news for startup companies looking for funding - crowdfunding may a great thing for this kind of business ideas.

Currently I could have time to develop new business. I know developers really near to me who made this kind of idea to live in 48 hours. If you guys are still interested, let's discuss more about this idea and investigate could we find some possibility to develop this idea to real business.

P.S. This forum topic is still on the second page on Google search results when searching "p2p cloud computing".
Bitbird (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 12:38:27 PM

Very interesting! Now in first page.
Have many ideas. Would like to seeking a co-founder.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: