Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can there be a new dot com bubble with crypto related domain names ?  (Read 113 times)
domainer.com (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:59:25 AM

The question says it all ! Can the domain prices go up in the near future ? Do you think this could be a good investment ?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sasa0220

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 09:03:43 AM

you should invest in the crypto itself but not on the domain names. Why would to target a another investment opportunity when you can invest an actual industry.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 10:10:25 AM

If you have the skills to find good names, then they can be a good speculation/investment. If you are inexperienced in finding and evaluating good names, then you will probably just be throwing away the registration fees.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:15:54 AM

I would say the market could certainly get better, but I don't know if I would call it a bubble. If you're hunting for domains that new cryptos are likely to use, the market is expanding. According to this site, there were a total of 871 ICOs in 2017. So far, in 2018, we already have 674. That means more and more are popping up, and thus you're more likely to hit valuable ones. The amount they've been raising have been on a decline since December though, so the growth may stop or slow abruptly. Services seem to be getting more popular too, but I don't have statistics on those.

But yeah, as Jet Cash said, it's also dependent on your abilities to hunt them.

mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:31:21 AM

The question says it all ! Can the domain prices go up in the near future ? Do you think this could be a good investment ?

I don't really get what the domain names have to do with it. It's a bit like with vanity numbers in the old days, it's a nice gimmick, sure, but ultimately, who cares? People have their handful of site names they remember because the frequent them regularly but besides that, they use bookmarks (aka google)...

Imo nobody cares about what name a site has unless it's especially witty or easy to remember. There are so many available TLDs out there, I don't think that there will be any (reasonable amount of) money be made with this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: