Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Purchase Bitcoins with cash at convenience store. Need a few testers  (Read 1356 times)
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:10:55 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 05:56:13 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Note: This is a beta test of service provider we are considering when we resume operations.  Invoices will be created manually, there may be issues, the cashier may be confused, and it may be a waste of your time.  Please don't offer unless you are willing to participate in a beta test.  If testing is positive this will be rolled out in new sales portal launching in December so if you don't like rough edges but want to pay cash for bitcoins just say tuned.

This is a limited offer for 6-8 individuals today to test a payment providers.  We will probably conduct another test run after the Thanksgiving break and are looking for soft launch of sales portal under the brand name BitSimple in early December.

Terms:
* One sale (max of $500) per person only.
* Each transaction is for $100 to $500.  There is a fee if $3.99 added to the sale amount.
* You will pay cash at any 7-11 store in the United States and receive your coins today (likely within minutes).
* The exchange rate will be MtGox last at the time of your payment.
* Available in USD only, must be located in the US and have a 7-11 location nearby (should be 99% of the US).

If interested send me a PM with the following:
* First & last name.
* Bitcoin address to receive the coins.
* Either an email address (will need printer) and/or mobile phone number (will need a smartphone with internet access).
* Amount of purchase ($100 to $500).

I will manually generate an invoice for you.  The invoice can either be sent by txt message (contains a link) and displayed on a smart phone or sent by email and printed.  If you want I can send it both methods.  You will need to bring the invoice (or your phone with invoice webpage) and cash to any 7-11 store in the United States to make a payment.  Once payment is confirmed (real time) coins will be sent to the address you provided.  Remember at this time it is a manual process but verification and delivery of coins should be fairly quick.  Once again understand this is just a beta test, I am interested in feedback before we launch a sales portal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amoai

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 09:19:51 PM

I'm interested, but a few critical questions:

• Why should beta testers be paying a fee? Are you not testing your sale of Bitcoins?

• If you are testing for tests' purpose, can't you create another bitcoin address and walk into a 7-11 and use your own service to test it?

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

I and another employee have already internally tested the payment method and it worked without issue.  I would like feedback from a variety of people in a variety of locations.  The fee is a third party fee it won't be waived.  I am not asking someone to do something they don't want to already do.  If someone is looking to buy Bitcoins with cash and receive them today here is an opportunity as long as they understand it is a manual process and there may be some rough edges.  For those not interested a polished sales portal will be launching within a week.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:28:18 PM

What is the rate?
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:29:20 PM

What is the rate?

The exchange rate will be MtGox last at the time of your payment.
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:29:49 PM

Received requests from two testers.  Need four to six more.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:16:08 PM

Good luck! Sounds like a great plan.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

Note: This is a beta test of service provider we are considering when we resume operations.  Invoices will be created manually, there may be issues, the cashier may be confused, and it may be a waste of your time.  Please don't offer unless you are willing to participate in a beta test.  If testing is positive this will be rolled out in new sales portal launching in December so if you don't like rough edges but want to pay cash for bitcoins just say tuned.

This is a limited offer for 6-8 individuals today to test a payment providers.  We will probably conduct another test run after the Thanksgiving break and are looking for soft launch of sales portal under the brand name BitSimple in early December.

Terms:
* One sale (max of $500) per person only.
* Each transaction is for $100 to $500.  There is a fee if $3.99 added to the sale amount.
* You will pay cash at any 7-11 store in the United States and receive your coins today (likely within minutes).
* The exchange rate will be MtGox last at the time of your payment.
* Available in USD only, must be located in the US and have a 7-11 location nearby (should be 99% of the US).

If interested send me a PM with the following:
* First & last name.
* Bitcoin address to receive the coins.
* Either an email address (will need printer) and/or mobile phone number (will need a smartphone with internet access).
* Amount of purchase ($100 to $500).

I will manually generate an invoice for you.  The invoice can either be sent by txt message (contains a link) and displayed on a smart phone or sent by email and printed.  If you want I can send it both methods.  You will need to bring the invoice (or your phone with invoice webpage) and cash to any 7-11 store in the United States to make a payment.  Once payment is confirmed (real time) coins will be sent to the address you provided.  Remember at this time it is a manual process but verification and delivery of coins should be fairly quick.  Once again understand this is just a beta test, I am interested in feedback before we launch a sales portal.

Are you piggybacking this on the backbone of www.paynearme.com?

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:03:09 PM

I live in Canada, and there is no 7 - 11 near me, but I can still try to help if you give a wider variety of stores and locations.
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:04:08 PM

I live in Canada, and there is no 7 - 11 near me, but I can still try to help if you give a wider variety of stores and locations.

Thank you for the offer but it is USD and at US locations only at this time. 
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:06:25 PM

Oh, OK...  I actually was very excited to do this, would love to see bitcoin -> fiat instantly.
Anyways, if you ever do happen to lauch a beta version in Canada, feel free to PM me.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:52:07 AM

PM sent.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:36:12 AM

Are you piggybacking this on the backbone of www.paynearme.com?

████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:11:48 PM

The money transmitter police will be knocking on your door very soon.  I think I hear them coming now.  Just wait until PayNearMe finds out you've hi-jacked their system for money transmission purposes, without their permission, thus getting them in trouble too.  Your test = fail.
Who are you?  If anyone knows what he is doing it is D&T.  He has been around the block a few times.  You are still trying to figure out how to crawl out of your crib.

D&T has over 13,000 excellent posts.  You have 10.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:55:45 PM

Thanks for all the help beta testers.  Testing is closed (those with open invoices are still valid).  We probably will do another test run on Monday.  System should be live in December.  To the trolls in the thread, the service is being operated by North American Cryptographics, LLC and is registered with FinCEN.
BitSimple_Support

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 03:04:52 AM

This account will be used to handle customer service for BitSimple.

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:14:56 AM

This account will be used to handle customer service for BitSimple.

Confirmed.  This is authentic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: