Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers wanted for mBTC.to (send millibitcoins via Twitter and SMS)  (Read 509 times)
freebird (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:41:45 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 09:56:10 PM by freebird

Hello all,

Now that 1 mBTC = $1, I think it's an appropriate time to put forth an idea to this community which I believe could play a major part in getting the general public to start using bitcoin for commerce, charitable donations, etc.

I own the domain mBTC.to and would like to develop it as a convenient way for people to send millibitcoins via Twitter and SMS.

For example, let's say you want to donate $20 (about 20 mBTC as of today) to the Red Cross. You could simply send a tweet to @RedCross containing this URL: 20.mbtc.to/RedCross

Or let's say you want to send somebody 9.95 mBTC via a cell phone number. Say their number is 555-867-5309, you could send a text message to the recipient with the following: 9.95.mbtc.to/5558675309

An app would interpret the URLs and transfer the amount accordingly. If the recipient does not have an account at mBTC.to, they would receive notification that somebody wanted to send them some bitcoin and how to create an account to claim the funds.

I own a legally incorporated United States-based business which has a few angel investors, mostly located in the Middle East. I personally reside in Virginia, USA. My career background is as a nonprofit executive, and more recently, a freelance website developer and entrepreneur. I also own a significant amount of bitcoins.

My programming skills are not strong enough to build an app by myself to do what I have in mind for mBTC.to. I'm looking to find at least one -- and hopefully more than one -- highly talented and motivated developer who would be interested to become part of my company's team, in exchange for stock. I am looking for real partners, not just a quickie pay-for-code kind of thing. I am willing to work with people anywhere in the world.

I see tremendous potential for bitcoin to break into the mainstream, especially as a way for people to donate money to charities and causes, freelance journalists, and political campaigns, directly via Twitter. I also see tremendous potential for bitcoin to be used by unbanked people in developing countries, especially in Africa, as a convenient payment system on their cell phones. My domain mBTC.to, if developed as I envision, could be a significant part of making these goals a reality.

Please contact me via private message if you're interested in what I have described -- especially if you're a developer, or if you're interested to learn more about my business from an investment angle.

Looking forward to your replies!

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: