Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairproof.com scam, stealing coins  (Read 3028 times)
jbizzle (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

What happened:  I deposited .25 BTC using the address Fairproof.com gave me.  The coins never showed up.  After "Moderate" called out "FairProof" he vanished and moved the coins out of the destination account.  I can easily prove that the address that sent the coins is owned by me.  "FairProof" is unresponsive on this forum.  We could have easily resolved this issue. 

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148419

Reference Link:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288229.msg3689194#msg3689194

Amount Scammed: .25 BTC
Payment Method: Bitcoins
Proof of Payment: https://blockchain.info/tx/d741691e71379900864ec41e50f287905a17ed211ddee6008c59cc6c0d47eecc
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FairProof

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:12:58 AM

FairProof is a kind of bitcoin dice game. Website has no registration, user creates an account when visit website for the first time. Also he receives a unique url and bitcoin address to deposit funds for account. Account and url are connected with cookies, so if you'll switch off, delete cookies or use another browser, the system identifies you as a new user and provides new account with new url and new address to deposit bitcoins. Everything is described in terms of use.

We had multiple tests and about 50-300 users per day and the system shown excellent results. There are no issues except jberman73's.

According to logs and investigation of this issue, jberman73 created 2 different accounts, deposited the first one, but has url and related cookies for the second. It could caused by using another browser, or deleting cookies. The firs account contains the same amount of bitcoins, as he transferred.

In turn, jberman denies everything and trying to blackmail, post scam messages on forums,  send scam abuse to Hetzner - our web hoster. Hetzner has agreed to our arguments and didn't take any measures.   

As you can see, it's a user's issue and his fault that he transferred bitcoins to the wrong address or lost a url. We cannot divulge account and url that contains bitcoins to anyone, it's a matter of security. If the user will restore url, funds he deposited will wait for him. You can check the mentioned bitcoins wasn't spent.

We have unwavering position: we do not disclose user data.

Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:06:26 AM

FairProof is a kind of bitcoin dice game. Website has no registration, user creates an account when visit website for the first time. Also he receives a unique url and bitcoin address to deposit funds for account. Account and url are connected with cookies, so if you'll switch off, delete cookies or use another browser, the system identifies you as a new user and provides new account with new url and new address to deposit bitcoins. Everything is described in terms of use.

We had multiple tests and about 50-300 users per day and the system shown excellent results. There are no issues except jberman73's.

According to logs and investigation of this issue, jberman73 created 2 different accounts, deposited the first one, but has url and related cookies for the second. It could caused by using another browser, or deleting cookies. The firs account contains the same amount of bitcoins, as he transferred.

In turn, jberman denies everything and trying to blackmail, post scam messages on forums,  send scam abuse to Hetzner - our web hoster. Hetzner has agreed to our arguments and didn't take any measures.   

As you can see, it's a user's issue and his fault that he transferred bitcoins to the wrong address or lost a url. We cannot divulge account and url that contains bitcoins to anyone, it's a matter of security. If the user will restore url, funds he deposited will wait for him. You can check the mentioned bitcoins wasn't spent.

We have unwavering position: we do not disclose user data.
Why not get him to sign a message from the address the 0.25 came from?
sting2582000

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:15:15 PM

Yes, this site scam, don't play.

I have 0.12 BTC in my balance and I can not withdraw (minimum is 0.05) . I depoist 0.05 BTC and receive 0.05 BTC bonus, and then I bet total 36 * 0.05 ( for withdraw bonus ) and I can not withdraw. It said invalid data

BIg scam site, banned him please

fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam don't play in this site
FairProof

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:22:59 PM

I have 0.12 BTC in my balance and I can not withdraw (minimum is 0.05) . I depoist 0.05 BTC and receive 0.05 BTC bonus, and then I bet total 36 * 0.05 ( for withdraw bonus ) and I can not withdraw. It said invalid data

fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam, fairproof.com scam don't play in this site

Please PM your permanent link and we'll study your case.
If everything was legit you will successfully withdraw your funds.

Next time don't hesitate to contact support firstly.

sting2582000

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:36:21 PM

No response. Scam, don't play and banned him please
FairProof

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

No response. Scam, don't play and banned him please

No PM.
The charges are not justified

neighborrr

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:57:26 PM

I was surprised to read the accusations in scam since  I'd played at Fairproof a couple of times a few weeks ago and all went well (I did not win much but had no problems whatsoever).

Anybody else had a problem with them? I would like to know as I do play pretty often at various places and Fairproof seemed like a good place at first.
Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

Keep me updated with how this goes, I think you should be refunded the 0.25 BTC
shaobao88

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:15:13 AM

I was surprised to read the accusations in scam since  I'd played at Fairproof a couple of times a few weeks ago and all went well (I did not win much but had no problems whatsoever).

Anybody else had a problem with them? I would like to know as I do play pretty often at various places and Fairproof seemed like a good place at first.

I did play more than once at fairproof.com, the last time a few days ago.
Not a single problem with them so far.

Donations please: 1EFZWvKYenToSYtCd98qYwmBnkpRT1Dddr
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 04:15:36 AM

I really don't think it is a matter of 'studying' the case but rather a matter of confirming the OP did in fact deposit funds to your site. You should be able to keep track of all the deposit addresses that are given to users. The OP can simply give you the deposit address that he sent bitcoin to and you should be able to look up his account. He then should only need to sign a message from an address that sent bitcoin to the deposit address to confirm his identity

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
fatnlovelyfred

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:19:59 AM

I really don't think it is a matter of 'studying' the case but rather a matter of confirming the OP did in fact deposit funds to your site. You should be able to keep track of all the deposit addresses that are given to users. The OP can simply give you the deposit address that he sent bitcoin to and you should be able to look up his account. He then should only need to sign a message from an address that sent bitcoin to the deposit address to confirm his identity

I did play dice myself at Fairproof and all went ok. However I'd rather wait for a successful resolution of this case before I play again.
TheDoors

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:11:27 AM

I was able to withdraw 0.5 BTC last week only. Slow support maybe?
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:12:12 PM

I find it interesting as to how many newbie accounts are posting on here saying they have played "a few days ago" (this is what they are all saying) without any issues. While I have not seen any higher level accounts claiming to have played without issue. This would lead me to conclude that these accounts are shill accounts for fairproof
Jakesor

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:15:26 AM

I find it interesting as to how many newbie accounts are posting on here saying they have played "a few days ago" (this is what they are all saying) without any issues. While I have not seen any higher level accounts claiming to have played without issue. This would lead me to conclude that these accounts are shill accounts for fairproof

Call me whatever you will but I've played there multiple times without a single issue. They are sometimes slow to contact users, true - from what I read here, but never a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: