Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2576 times)
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:12:55 PM

Storing them in some place that is not to the internet in order to avoid the prying eyes of internet fraudsters is the best solution if you ask me. Paper wallet is a great way to store Bitcoin.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Radnie

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:47:06 PM

Two things i have in storing bitcoin. First, i'm using coins.ph in storing bitcoin because of very good reputation of this website at the same time i'm also doing my daily trading in this particular website. 2nd, is the hardware wallet called Ledger Nano, this wallet helped me a lot and giving me peace of mind and security.

UniQue7

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

Either save it to a secure server or just use Blockchain.
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:56:29 PM

I would store it on a Hardware wallet such as a Nano Ledger S or Trezor.  Wink
JoshJelly

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:33:27 AM

I used to save my private keys and other important matters in USBs, lol. I create note on my laptop then saved it on multiple USB I have then locked it with a password. It really helps me. You must do it also so you wouldn't use Computer without internet, lol. At least USB was light to carry everywhere.
bentive
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:02:39 AM

As the complications and risk of storing your digital assets in an exchange, people tends to store it in a cold wallet, this can be a cold hardware storage or even a physical hardware manual generated keycodes storage. There are alot of these hardware storage in the market right now so please do get them as you may be storing millions of dollars worth of token but it may be hacked to be in the wrong hands.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

I used to save my private keys and other important matters in USBs, lol. I create note on my laptop then saved it on multiple USB I have then locked it with a password. It really helps me. You must do it also so you wouldn't use Computer without internet, lol. At least USB was light to carry everywhere.

thats a nice idea indeed. by the way i do also follow that method before ever since i got my first laptop , i then buy a seperate usb flashdrive so that i can store my important files such as my private keys from myether wallet and also my other private keys from another online exchange . i feel safe and secure to save a copy from different devices , so that you can be sure that you will always have  a back up if ever  something bad happens to one of your devices .
abonti

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:27:08 AM

I think bitcoin crypto currency most popular. because i think is the best online wallet.
Ssid

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:29:21 AM

Use PC wallet like Electrum is a good choice.
If you want your coins stay safer, buy a flash drive, save private key in it and hide away. No one will know.
adejoke444

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:12:40 AM

I used coinomi application to save my Bitcoin and its save because i kept my pass phrases offline so it wont be accessed by hackers.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

I've researched a lot on this topic and this depends on the security of the exchange and wallet you're using online, I personally prefer Bittrex over all of the others since it has a history of being the least vulnerable to all of the cyber attacks but as bitcoin increases the number of users on the network security will be less of an issue.

VK.point

Activity: 294

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:10:27 AM

it seems like using blockchain is the right choice.
and most importantly there is a way to keep the key to be safe, do not let other people know. to avoid the crime of hackers

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
Raufjoze

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:27:27 AM

The best way to store bitcoins is, you must have a wallet to store your bitcoin. Create your own wallet and keep it securely or attach a private key to secure your bitcoin, to be safe and no theft and removal due to bitcoin is virtual money and every money definitely has tools to store it safely, like paper money. Definitely have a wallet to keep it safe and not lost
lumedeee02

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 09:10:41 AM

The best way to keep you bitcoin safe is for you to download a wallet transfer all the fund there and make sure the private key is been keep safe, and be sure only you have access to your private key and always password the gadget you use.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:19:40 AM

Best way to keep your bitcoin safe is to store it in the hardware wallet. After that, desktop wallets and offline wallets are good.
ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:29:37 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
you should store your bitcoin in a safe and secured wallet for you to keep calm not packing what might happen to your bitcoin choose a right wallet that suits for you btc

johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:32:28 AM

I dont think there is any other safer way than to store your crypto on a ledger wallet or Trezor. Both the physical wallets provide highest level of security for your crypto assets.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
artamon

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:16:58 AM

Even after all precautions your BTC can be hacked. One big demerit to crypto investment in my opinion.
Adam Waters

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:34:07 AM

The best way would be:

1. Boot your computer up with Ubuntu Live CD

2. Create a wallet, encrypt it using a strong password (What is your way to create good passwords that can actually be remembered?). Make sure you do not forget the password.

3. Back up the wallet multiple times (e.g. email+Dropbox).

4. Practice its decryption using Spaced repetition

5. Finally, transfer the bitcoins to the wallet.
Charles Warren

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:38:21 AM

For the best security, you require cold storage. Cold storage in the blockchain realm simply means a device that is disconnected from the Internet. This is the toughest security measure possible to safeguard any crypto-investment from the prying interests of hackers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: