Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The only way to successfully trade the market "Best strategy ever"  (Read 326 times)
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:59:28 PM
Merited by FrueGreads (1)

Well I will not say that is a bad strategy, and that is usually the ultimate goal of any trader: keep their losses low, and profits high. I do believe there could be a problem with this. We all know crypto is very volatile, so isn't it going to be quite easy for his stop loss to be hit, and for his profit taking to not hit?

Let's stay we are trying to get 10% profit and accept a 5% loss. The market goes in our favor, but only 6%. Then it dumps and we not only lose out 6%, but we also hit our stop loss, ending up losing 5%.

I guess this could be solved by using a trailing stop loss. Meaning we accept 5% loss at the point we are at. So if we were in 6% green and the market dumps. Since we only accept a loss of 5% based on our current point, we would end up breaking even because we would actually end up winning 1% on that trade.

Do you have a better solution for this?

see now again this really depends on your trading strategy. for me i do not use any type of indicators, i only use Support / Resistance. so i do apply exactly what you said except the fact that i do not move my SL randomly or based on %. i move it based on either Support/ or Resistance line not just to protect myself from my initial SL.

giving your scenario, but with a different ENDING , say the market moves 6% in your favor and then moves against you and hit your NEW SL which we assume it's break even, and then moves in your initial favor 10% ! so you technically lost 10% in profit.

since we are debating about un-predictable scenario so anybody can support their point view with real numbers.

but let me share something i learned the hard way !. am sure every trader suffered/ suffering from this. how many times you got out of a trade and then it goes up crazily ! and you be like ,, shit i sold and it went up ! if only i waited 5 more mins.

that's why the best strategy for beginners and mid skilled is " SET AND FORGET" .

this way you avoid getting screwed by emotions, once you get in a trade it should be based on technical reason. so your SL and TP should make sense at the moment of entry , thus no matter how things go you should not touch your SL/TP.

once your eyes become more conftable with charts, you will handle trailing stop better, you would also apply hedging and balancing once needed. but these require fast and solid decision away from emotions, and i do not think it's easy to get rid of emotions!.

i have been doing this for years on forex and now on both crypto and forex and almost every time i temper with my intial decision i fu** up.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:04:44 PM

This is an excellent trading analysis that I've ever seen. This sharing comes from practical experience and great interest in your community and that's great. I will apply these in my upcoming trade. Thank you for sharing.

MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:05:23 PM

I was in search for some good articles for to study more about trade and to improve my trading practice. I often invest in those coins which have a very benefiting event in the coming days then I invest in those and those type of coins often increase faster in the market. Your article is benefiting for me and I will try some tips from your article to improve my trading practice.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:02:08 AM

Thanks mikeywith, I will give it a shot. Right now I'm just paper trading so I don't have anything to lose and I am able to commit to my strategies and see how they work with no emotions involved. Right now I was figuring out which indicators I should use. I mainly use resistance levels like you, and I'm also combining them with RSI and volume indicators to try to take the most out of those big moves in the crypto space. Since most of the times I'm trading on "sky-breaks" I keep having problems knowing when to book profits or accepting losses. I'm missing that in my strategy so I will try to use your approach and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:26:19 AM

Thanks mikeywith, I will give it a shot. Right now I'm just paper trading so I don't have anything to lose and I am able to commit to my strategies and see how they work with no emotions involved. Right now I was figuring out which indicators I should use. I mainly use resistance levels like you, and I'm also combining them with RSI and volume indicators to try to take the most out of those big moves in the crypto space. Since most of the times I'm trading on "sky-breaks" I keep having problems knowing when to book profits or accepting losses. I'm missing that in my strategy so I will try to use your approach and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

I would say , stay away from indicators, only use Support/ Reticence and price action.
you can check my trading ideas on the forum. see how do i identify my entry points.

you can also search google for price action , things like " pin bar, inside- bar " there are all based on support / resistance.

just google learntotradethemarket, check the guy's guide for using price actions, you will love it.

RSI / MACD bla bla bla are used by people who believe in OVERSOLD / OVERBOUGH which doesn't apply in tha market.

those indicators been showing over bough on btc all the way from when btc was worth a few cents ,there are relatively inaccurate 

Good luck
I was in search for some good articles for to study more about trade and to improve my trading practice. I often invest in those coins which have a very benefiting event in the coming days then I invest in those and those type of coins often increase faster in the market. Your article is benefiting for me and I will try some tips from your article to improve my trading practice.

This is an excellent trading analysis that I've ever seen. This sharing comes from practical experience and great interest in your community and that's great. I will apply these in my upcoming trade. Thank you for sharing.

you are most welcome, kindly read my prev comments too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
saadat6868

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:39:31 PM

It might appear like a perfect strategy, but I would like to remember always that there is a human-factor present in every case.
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:44:42 PM

It might appear like a perfect strategy, but I would like to remember always that there is a human-factor present in every case.

didn't quite understand your point.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
masudginanjar

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:52:46 AM

good tricks and worthy of example by the general public.

the same as my trading tricks like that, on the basis ny we gain 10% and when dropped in stop lose when you lose 5%.

so the rest of your trading result every day is 5%, (that's your profit).
DJ_Rick

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:17:05 PM

Why are you making it so difficult? the only way to be a succesfull trader is just to have some knowledge, buy lower, and sell higher, that is the only way to make a good profit in here
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:22:01 PM

Why are you making it so difficult? the only way to be a succesfull trader is just to have some knowledge, buy lower, and sell higher, that is the only way to make a good profit in here

trading strategy and portfolio management are two very different things.

plus there is NO low and NO high in any market. if there is please tell us all what's the low and whats the high of btc?  people were saying 1k is the highest btc can go , a few months later boom ! 18k ! .. later they said 15K is the lowest it can go, boom ! 5K !

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:23:45 PM

good tricks and worthy of example by the general public.

the same as my trading tricks like that, on the basis ny we gain 10% and when dropped in stop lose when you lose 5%.

so the rest of your trading result every day is 5%, (that's your profit).

exactly the point, since you can never make 100% accurate calls, at least minimize the risk and maximize profit .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:41:51 PM

For me the best strategy ever is buy when the price of coins or investments drops to low amount or value  and sell it when the right times comes that the amount or value of it is in the high stage.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:51:47 PM

For me the best strategy that I always use because I know this is useful and helpful is buy when the price of it is in the low amount and sell it when it is in the high amount to be profitable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: