Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who MISSED the BOAT?  (Read 1946 times)
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:09:40 PM

In my view it depends on how you look at things - If you're buying BTC with a view to long term gain then perhaps - But if you're simply day trading with the key to profit from prolific price shifts then I'd say the boat hasn't even arrived.....
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:17:32 PM

Well wait for your turn, the boat stops at set regular intervals  Wink

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
pinball

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:24:21 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 03:35:07 PM by pinball

Suppose I missed the new boat.   First read about bitcoins years ago, didn't really seem worth the hassle when it was worth $3 etc hah
Started doing some mining about 7 months ago although the hardware I was using was nearly 3 years old (great ATI gaming card at the time), about 0.1 coins a week.

Had a couple of coins, thought I would try a bit of arbitrage between Bitstamp and GOX.  Well it worked however good lucking getting any Fiat money out of GOX! This was at around $200+ USD which felt like a massive return at the time relative to traditional market investment.

Sat in their outpayment queue for about a month with no indication of where I was in this alleged queue, gave up and got the funds put back into the account.  I should have bought back into BTC at the time and left it however I sort of just forgot about it, next thing I hear bitcoins are $800+ lol

Oh well :-) Have bought back into BTC via GOX (my only option) however could have been a lot more enjoyable if I just held my BTC
Marken

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:28:21 PM

I missed..   Cry

but now i will focus on alt coins.. waiting for next boom. (in my luck, it will never happen or i miss it somehow)
TWMG

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:36:37 PM

aww, I should have put everything I have into bitcoin when I first heard of it 2 years ago.
radical

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:46:18 PM

As more people and businesses accept bitcoins to transact, its value will go up as it will become a more useful currency.

I don't see why you think that the boat has sailed already.  Also, why would anyone want to have missed the boat?  In reality it's not a boat since you can exit whenever you like.  If you think that you've made enough profit, just sell.

The real risks with bitcoins are keeping them safe.  You have very little assurance with online services since there are no legal guarantees that your coins are safe like a recognized currency in a bank.

-rad-
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: