Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Post  (Read 897 times)
jaredfarnum (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:51:52 AM

Ahh I wanted to reply to other posts in other areas, but evidently I can not do that just yet. I am forced to post here first. Control freaks.

Anyway, I will take this opportunity to tell a little about me.

I learned about bitcoin and became interested in bitcoin about 3 weeks ago. It seems like so much longer ago.... I mean a bitcoin was only $250ish a coin way back then and now its approaching $1,000 (over $1,000 at MT Gox).  I quickly learned about the profitability calculator, exchanges, free bitcoin faucets, hardware comparison charts and so much more.

I have watched the prices of hardware and ASIC miners SKYROCKET on eBay as well. I was shocked to see the prices of the hardware go up and up some more over the last few weeks and I feel a little like a fool for not acting faster.

So I am mining bitcoins currently and looking to mine the top 10 crypto currencies and others that seem interesting.

After much contemplation, I have come up with the following conclusions and opinions.

1) I think the One World Currency (prophesy) could very well be a cryptocurrency. No. I do not feel bad about profiting from it.
2) Bitcoin is awesome
3) As awesome as bitcoin is, there are some fatal flaws. Due to these flaws, another cryptocurrency will eventually be king. (measured in market capitalization)
4) The last remaining opportunity for Bitcoin is this upcoming year 2014 is done, there is little reason to mine Bitcoin any longer. Will the transaction fees make up for the mining loses? That is the question for potential beyond 2014. If miners lose motivation and they shut down their systems... it will hinder Bitcoin.
5) I want a nice chunk of every coin I think may have potential early on. I wish I had understood about Bitcoin prior to 3 weeks ago.

Ok thats enough for now!

Jared
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:14:54 AM

Well, looks like you are getting up to speed

Welcome to the forum, have fun!

out-caste

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:49:58 AM

My story is I bought my coins at around $100 but then sold them all before they hit $200... then bought back in much later.
Lesson #1 bitcoins always look like they are going to fast. In a market like this, it is always best to buy and hold.

I agree with you about getting into other cryptocurrencies, bitcoins aren't invincible, but the market as a whole is. I finally got some litecoins, had I not waited a week to finally get around to buying them I could have got them at a third the price Sad
(watch it crash tomorrow...)
I think ripple coin is a good idea. Although there seems to be a lot of hate going around, at the end of the day, I think they could represent the best compromise between what exists and cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin fans have to remember that what the general population wants or likes is (unfortunately) not what we want or like. That being said, I have yet to buy any.
I'm also considering Peercoin but I don't know.
I personally would avoid all other currencies unless they start to challenge the top 3 or 4.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:12:05 AM

you could trade with BTC to LTC and make income sky high. I'm doing that and BTC to FTC yesterday LTC was 0.03 BTC today 0.046 FTC was 0.00040 today 0.00055.

You do the math. U can earn more by trading even if u have small amount you can do this. Takes more time but it can be gone.

Anyway welcome to the forum.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:35:36 PM

Welcome to Bitcointalk.  Interesting take on the future of Bitcoin as you see it.  I'd agree there is a need to buy other coins and hedge your bets and I hope it works out for you.

onthehunt

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:11:33 AM

The trading idea sounds interesting azguard, what service do you do this through?
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:13:24 AM

also noticed i couldnt post, but only here! So welcome, and welcome myself Tongue Into cryptocoins since a week and learning news every day!
Eviert

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:25:46 AM

I am new here as well.

3) As awesome as bitcoin is, there are some fatal flaws. Due to these flaws, another cryptocurrency will eventually be king. (measured in market capitalization)
Would you mind explaining it a bit more?

4) The last remaining opportunity for Bitcoin is this upcoming year 2014 is done, there is little reason to mine Bitcoin any longer. Will the transaction fees make up for the mining loses? That is the question for potential beyond 2014. If miners lose motivation and they shut down their systems... it will hinder Bitcoin.
If some miners stop mining, difficulty will drop, and profitability will increase.
I guess everything will adjust itself hopefully.
neogreg

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:30:32 AM

Hi, I m new on this forum
btc2okpay

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:33:01 AM

welcome here

I also just joined

I trades btc from time when its start many times earn good profits in trades BTCs!

simo3

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:00:49 AM

I am also new to this cryptocurrency world. Smiley
samtheman

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:16:57 AM

Hi im new too you seem like you know what you are talking about already.What site are you using for trading?

1) I think the One World Currency (prophesy) could very well be a cryptocurrency. No. I do not feel bad about profiting from it.

Man thats an interesting thought, haha i like your bit at the end too.
jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:23:00 AM

Ahh I wanted to reply to other posts in other areas, but evidently I can not do that just yet. I am forced to post here first. Control freaks.

Anyway, I will take this opportunity to tell a little about me.

I learned about bitcoin and became interested in bitcoin about 3 weeks ago. It seems like so much longer ago.... I mean a bitcoin was only $250ish a coin way back then and now its approaching $1,000 (over $1,000 at MT Gox).  I quickly learned about the profitability calculator, exchanges, free bitcoin faucets, hardware comparison charts and so much more.

I have watched the prices of hardware and ASIC miners SKYROCKET on eBay as well. I was shocked to see the prices of the hardware go up and up some more over the last few weeks and I feel a little like a fool for not acting faster.

So I am mining bitcoins currently and looking to mine the top 10 crypto currencies and others that seem interesting.

After much contemplation, I have come up with the following conclusions and opinions.

2) Bitcoin is awesome
5) I want a nice chunk of every coin I think may have potential early on. I wish I had understood about Bitcoin prior to 3 weeks ago.

Ok thats enough for now!

Jared

Point 3 ,4 are so off, I wonder what the hell are you doing on this forum.
Laz

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:12:13 PM

Hello, it's my first post as well. I joined here to buy some next coins, which I believe will be the next big thing Smiley But first I have to write this message. I'm a poor student dreaming of better financial days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: