Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Block Erupter Blade V2  (Read 984 times)
Londry (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:44:41 PM

After finally getting my Block Erupter Blade up and running, it has started to restart at almost exactly 10 minutes, every 10 minutes. Additionally, there are 3 x's present in the "Chip" line on the configuration page.

These are shown in the screenshot below

https://i.imgur.com/bOcMxpX.png

I have been told that this means there is an issue in one of the power lanes, but that I cannot manually fix this issue due to the absence of power modifiers for each individual lane. I am hoping someone with more knowledge of the Blade can possibly help me out in finding a solution to this issue.

I thank anyone in advance who can possibly help me out, and I will provide any additional information if needed. I am willing to give someone a fair amount of bitcoins or compensation if they assist me in finding a solution to the issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:24:15 PM

id suggest trying everything external first try a different PSU make sure the wires from the PSU to the blade are wired correctly and the power wires are doubled up like in the guides

stick a fan on the heatsink see if it helps

Londry (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:00:59 AM

id suggest trying everything external first try a different PSU make sure the wires from the PSU to the blade are wired correctly and the power wires are doubled up like in the guides

stick a fan on the heatsink see if it helps

First off, thanks for the reply! After reading your post I made sure cooling wasn't the issue by putting multiple fans both on the chip and heatsink. I have also completely rewired the blade using the molex splitter hack, and I am still running into the same issue. I'm almost certain that the PSU is not the issue - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051 - and I don't have the ability to try it with any other PSU right now. I'm just really eager to get this fixed. Thanks for the suggestions!
Londry (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:43:02 PM

Replying to note that I have tried the Blade with two different PSUs and have realized that they are not the issue.

Giving .04 BTC to anyone who helps me find the solution.
jesse11

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Ants Rock

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:50:00 PM

Replying to note that I have tried the Blade with two different PSUs and have realized that they are not the issue.

Giving .04 BTC to anyone who helps me find the solution.

I know what the problem is, if you look at the bank of ASIC chips on the blade you will find that 3 are not wielded fully to the PCB. You should view it under a magnifying glass and make sure All soldering joints are complete. You may or may not be able to see the ones that are not wielded fully. You need to repair this for all the chips to work.  Jesse11

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:02:49 AM

It's possible that one of the bank VRMs is not outputting proper voltage - something is out of spec. That would be more likely if all for chips in that section were X'd instead of just three. If you have a voltmeter, check the output voltage for the fourth VRM from the end with the ethernet jack. Measure between the probe points indicated and some ground reference - the ground on your power connector is the easiest to find. It should read out awful darn close to 1.05 - if not, there's a problem with the regulator for that bank.

If that's within spec, then it's more likely a problem of power not getting to those chips, or those chips not signalling right - so, probably what jesse11 said and they're not soldered down properly. If you have a hot air station accessible, you might try giving them a bit of a reflow and see if that gets the digitals flowing properly.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: