Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 02:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Satoshi mined bitcoins owned by the US Government  (Read 422 times)
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

If bitcoin is made by a government I would rather think that bitcoin prices will decrease sharply, and public confidence will be lost or diminished in bitcoin.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:00:16 PM

Another conspiracy that the government (FBI) was the real creator of bitcoin?

I don't care if they will claim one day that this is a secret project that they hid for a very long time as long as the value remains.

And if they show proof of ownership with satoshi's mined bitcoins, they can do it as they wish lol.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Zapto25

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:06:24 PM

I do not agree if bitcoin is created by the government of bitcoin in the creation by satoshi and satoshi not mined bitcoin which is owned by the government of As
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:58:35 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 06:42:15 PM by cmacwiz

What would happen if dollar would lost huge value and the the US Government gives a proof of ownership of Satoshi mined bitcoins?
Maybe this was asked sometime before I applogize for repeating the same question.
In other words what if Bitcoin iwas created by the Government?
No, I don't think so that bitcoin was created by the government or that satoshi is just another group of people and isn't a single identity and I don't think so that satoshi mined bitcoins are owned by the US government. But it is conspired that bitcoin was created by a US government body like FBI. And as we all know that US secret services invented tor so I also think sometimes that it can be possible for the government to invent bitcoin.
benhill

Activity: 304

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:10:27 PM

It is very good that Satoshi mined bitcoins for the benefit of all mankind. If it is for the US Government only i am very sure it could have been hold by the said Government and other countries would not have full access to it.
Portorico952 (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:23:35 AM

China and Russia are colluding to avoid US dolar by creating new gold backed currency. They have gold and US does not - it has been sold long time ago. it would be good for the US to create dollar version 3.0 but this time backed by bitcoin. It is strange that 1.000.000 Btc have no known owner.
purgs08

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:45:15 AM

What would happen if dollar would lost huge value and the the US Government gives a proof of ownership of Satoshi mined bitcoins?
Maybe this was asked sometime before I applogize for repeating the same question.

it's called awesome <3 because if government use bitcoin that's is an nice decision Smiley if government buy a rocket missile it's possible that government use bitcoin.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:58:19 AM

it would be good for the US to create dollar version 3.0 but this time backed by bitcoin.
it won't happen because they want something they can control first and is more stable second.

It is strange that 1.000.000 Btc have no known owner.

there is a bout 17 million bitcoins created and most of it has no known owner and the small portion that has known owners belong to exchanges.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Bulldozer_Boon

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

What do you think would happen if the BTC Genisis coins were suddenly moved back into circulation within the BTC ecosystem? Would BTC thrive or take a dive of the edge of the cliff?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:55:57 AM

I would not rule it out but then perhaps its not so bad if they want a nice large slice to allow it to exist.....

You have to obviously realise that eventually govs will be the largest holders of btc anyway even if it became the defacto global payment system since taxation will ensure this.

Still it will be way better than a fiat scenario where money can be made out of thin air.

Nobody really knows who owns it but there are other inviduals that have 200k 300k 400k so it's not as critical is it seems.

Batang Hambog

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

existed that bitcoin is just another secret project of the government to lure in money launderers and criminals and to use the coin for monetary gains as well. However, there aren't any solid evidence that supports this, and if there's any evidence around, it's too murky to even connect to the government and whatnot. For now, the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto isn't even identified, and the protocol/system is too complex to be devised by a single person with a wide understanding of cryptography and economics as well.
jianhuang

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:38:48 AM

They control the money supply and they regulate the flow of money through regulated fiat institutions like Banks. Why would you offer up all that control
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:24:56 PM

If bitcoin is created by the US government, I guess it'll be benificial for them. On the bright side, it'll help boost the economy of their country since bitcoin is somehow spreading worldwide. They'll also find and arrest those criminals who uses bitcoin as a way of fraud or any illicit activities for they can monitor the identities of the user. But in reality, I think it's not the government who created the system for a greater number of people still uses the centralized system.
maloibtc

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:29:52 PM

I don't think so but I won't surprise because everything connected with money and profit is owned by the government of the USA, this refers to many things and btc may be not an exception, this is a great way to gain profit
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:06:01 PM

There is no proof that supporting regarding this issue. Satoshi's identity itself is very unknown to me, and maybe for many peoples too.
if bitcoin was created by government, that means satoshi nakamoto was the government itself.
rsequity

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:12:17 PM

haha, is possible the Israeli Jews are controlling at behind Grin Grin
Vineeta2oct

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:21:44 PM

If Bitcoin was created by US Govt then it wouldn't be called decentralised. Plus then it would not be used worldwide and its characteristics would be different. It wouldn't be same in any aspect.
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:32:47 PM

Can they then legalize crypto-currencies? They can sell a lot of bitcoin, but the demand for it will grow at times ...

I think bitcoin will be sold out quickly

ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

If Bitcoin was created by US Govt then it wouldn't be called decentralised. Plus then it would not be used worldwide and its characteristics would be different. It wouldn't be same in any aspect.

Yes.If bitcoin is created by US Government, bitcoin will lose his decentralised behaviour.Then the investors in bitcoin will gradually reduce.Finally the price of bitcoin will fluctuates to low value. The price of bitcoin will be controlled by US government .Bitcoin will be a decentralised currency ever.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
njnvvmjp

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:06:42 PM

I don't think bitcoins can be created by the government. That kind of coin will lose the consensus of trust. We all know that the value of the dollar is declining, and the value of bitcoin can be kept because of the different mechanism from the Fiat.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: