Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Satoshi mined bitcoins owned by the US Government  (Read 428 times)
petubtc

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:11:31 PM

If bitcoin was made by the government, it would have failed already,. It will have very different characterisitcs and sure will not be decentralized. The govt would have controlled over it so that it can be corrupted in some ways to get their money. A government made crypto will probably not reach what bitcoin has reached.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:19:48 PM

if the dollar loses its value, then, I think the world will experience a global crisis. the government does not create bitcoins, but the reality is that governments want to adopt blockchain.

satoshi has no relationship with USA, and in BTC history, I never heard that satoshi steals BTC owned by USA.

this is stupidity in my opinion.
UniQue7

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:34:48 PM

That would be really strange honestly if they were owned by any government for that matter.
mbm_ico

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:18:25 PM

If bitcoin was created by the government, then the states would not try to ban any activity related to the crypto currency.
tlqewcwf

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:15:13 AM

If bitcoin is created by the government, it will soon lose its present value. In recent years, the US government is trying to control bitcoin, which shows that bitcoin has little to do with the US government.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:14:32 PM

If bitcoin is created by the government, it will soon lose its present value. In recent years, the US government is trying to control bitcoin, which shows that bitcoin has little to do with the US government.

Perhaps bitcoin was made as a way to help boost the economy and gives banks competition by the government. But I highly doubt this is the case because most governments at first did not fully accept this because they did not know the full potential of the coin and the main technology of the coin (blockchain).
I doubt they would make a coin that they have no control over, I do not want to get into full detail but I would suggest looking up “Central Banks Rothchild’s”
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

we still don't know what is the truth behind this and it still remains a mystery for all of us. but I am not sure that Satoshi mined bitcoins and owned by the US Government and I don't think that the US Government created bitcoin. besides that, we still don't know who is Satoshi Nakamoto, is this person is only one person or a group of the team which doing cryptography and they invented bitcoin because they know that cryptography can give many benefits for all people. I don't think that Dollar will loss huge value and if this is happening, then the economy of the world will be in chaos and maybe it will trigger to the third world. I think let the time will answer all of our questions and meanwhile, we can still trying to make money from bitcoin.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:38:30 AM

What would happen if dollar would lost huge value and the the US Government gives a proof of ownership of Satoshi mined bitcoins?
Maybe this was asked sometime before I applogize for repeating the same question.
In other words what if Bitcoin iwas created by the Government?

Satoshi created Bitcoin for everyone all over the world and no one owns it but all of the people who got it from hard work. How can US do that if all the people already started mining it from all around the world?
Louvre

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:44:52 AM

if bitcoin was created by government then government is out of his mind. they are against what they created. seems foolish to me.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:05:57 AM

if bitcoin was created by government then government is out of his mind. they are against what they created. seems foolish to me.

Telling you you can’t have it makes some people want it more.  Could be some reverse psychology going on here.   Grin.  It would fit right in with the mindset of our group here:). 

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:09:23 AM

In this deentralised world it doesn't matter who owns the coins, the important thing is who owns the private key! if the US government can move any of satoshi's bitcoin then i'll believe that they own the coins

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: