Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mpex.co] The Scientology of Bitcoin Finance?  (Read 27382 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:16:17 PM

This board is amazing. Rather an admit any mistake, people brain damage themselves in public.

Totally brotato. You have proven me wrong and mpex isn't a complete scam asking noobs for 30btc with no chance of earning their money back..

No seriously, I'll open an account too if you manage to do what your big mouth said you would.
Get cracking now, or else in a year you'll look back and bang your head against the wall for turning down a 40 BTC for 15 hours of work salary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bokanovsky

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:58:42 AM

Interesting thread for a change.

PR certainly gets points for the quirky, if tiresome, bluster, but Dr. Baldhauser MoPped up on substance. The éminence grise of "Bitcoin finance" is nothing more than a two bit gambler with a god complex? You're the man of the age, Mr. Merdle.
NanoAkron

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:21:54 PM

Pankakke - show me an escrow with 20 BTC in it and I'll code it up myself.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:35:06 PM

And I see a nipple.
Thank god I'm not the only one.
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 03:42:33 PM

Pankakke - show me an escrow with 20 BTC in it and I'll code it up myself.
I might throw something in the pot myself, such a prodigious talent deserves it Cheesy

Incidentally, just recently I have procured the MPEx manual, which you are free to use as specification: http://explo.yt/category/MPEx

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:02:24 PM

What you say may be true when bitcoin value $3.
China join #bitcoin-asset to talk bitcoin ban with MP. ? or MP did ride donkey all way to China ?  MP busy talk with USA ? I make 10 posts you make 1000 posts. All posts you make worth less. you paid to talk.
He has bitcoin saved from years. Only expense donkey food, Ego make him mr bitcoin. no one care. Why he so rich he steal from bet ? You wake up one day.
save time do not reply. I go to google If i want auto-mated talk back.

You appearance is attractive. You have future get proper job. He end up make donkey show in Thailand for tourist.

You can see here on the topic of just how US-centered MP is. Especially around where it says "I can deal just as well with Chinese investors, Bitcoin is completely neutral from a cultural perspective. This neutrality means that cultures will have to compete. So far the US is losing this competition at this level."

That was April 2013. Compare and contrast with your forum registration date.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:04:53 PM

Apparently I'm a victim of poor breeding (or other sassy insult)--because looking over the MPEX "manual" and site--I'm reminded of an AOL chat bot I may have thrown together in a weekend when I was 14, first learning to program with visual basic, albeit with GPG thrown in.  And lots and lots of words using cryptic language to say very very little.

I'd say the setup is designed to mesmerize potential users, making them invest lots of time (that old chestnut), and confuse them into losing their BTC; all-the-while awarding a sense of superiority.

I don't know a damn thing about options markets though, so clearly my feeble mind is unable to blah blah blah
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:24:09 PM

Apparently I'm a victim of poor breeding (or other sassy insult)--because looking over the MPEX "manual" and site--I'm reminded of an AOL chat bot I may have thrown together in a weekend when I was 14, first learning to program with visual basic, albeit with GPG thrown in.  And lots and lots of words using cryptic language to say very very little.

I'd say the setup is designed to mesmerize potential users, making them invest lots of time (that old chestnut), and confuse them into losing their BTC; all-the-while awarding a sense of superiority.

I don't know a damn thing about options markets though, so clearly my feeble mind is unable to blah blah blah

You are setting yourself up for insult?

I glanced at the MPEX manual, I do not see any cryptic language? It seems to me that is a direct, succinct explanation of how to use MPEx? People keep saying MPEx is hard to use, but this shows all the important points in just a few small pages. As with any well-made computer program, most of the complexity is hidden from the user.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:09:54 PM

It's remarkable how exactly backwards your brain interprets what it sees.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jimmothy (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:37:27 PM

You are setting yourself up for insult?

I glanced at the MPEX manual, I do not see any cryptic language? It seems to me that is a direct, succinct explanation of how to use MPEx? People keep saying MPEx is hard to use, but this shows all the important points in just a few small pages. As with any well-made computer program, most of the complexity is hidden from the user.

As someone who clearly advocates and uses mpex.co maybe you can tell me and everyone else what the fuck they do? And no im not going to read some bullshit blog posts designed to confuse and deceive.

Seriously what does mpex.co do? Havelock is for trading stocks. If you cant explain what mpex.co does in one short sentence that normal humans who speak normal english can understand then you instantly know it is bullshit.

Most of this "complexity" in any real computer program has a purpose and a function. What is the function of mpex.co?

Mpex is a disfunctional/inconvenient/obsolete service which is guaranteed to implode when idiots stop piling money in to the scam and all the rich kids pull out their coins.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:52:57 PM

Seriously what does mpex.co do? Havelock is for trading stocks. If you cant explain what mpex.co does in one short sentence that normal humans who speak normal english can understand then you instantly know it is bullshit.
lol
We pretty much assumed you at least understood that... you can trade stocks on MPEx. It's an exchange. That's what it is for. Even on the web page, http://mpex.co/, you can see that:
STOCKS
FUTURES
OPTIONS

Can this get more surrealist?

So more specifically:
1 stock
Futures(can be traded without ridiculous fees many other places)
And options(gambling)

Maybe you can see why this "service" is such a joke now? After being the "oldest and most successful security exchange" you would think they would have more to show than a single stock and a few other non-proprietary features.

How can you justify 30btc and having to put up with extremely inconvenient trading and user interface? Its complete nonsense. Ill stick with havelock where securities are actually traded.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

You're again changing the subject, the matters of price have been talked about previously. How could you write in this thread if you didn't even understand what MPEx was doing?

I was not sure I understood fully what mpex.co did other than stocks/options/futures. I thought for sure there would be some feature I missed which makes it worth 30btc e
registration fees or 1 billion usd total evaluation. Now it is clear that mpex.co is a complete scam.

Topic has not changed. Mpex.co is still a joke of a website/service and I have no doubt it will go absolutely nowhere but downhill in the future.

Actually useful websites like crypto-trade or havelock as well as coloured coins will continue to gain traction as this shitty scheme dies out.
Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:23:46 PM

Are my eyes deceiving me.  The fee to join is 30 Bitcoins ?
Zae

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:34:37 PM

No the fee is 30 BTC to keep you out.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:41:15 PM

Eyes functioning as normal. 30,000 usd to join a scheme which has no sources of revenue besides the 30btc reg fee and whatever is made from the losses of its users. Literally just handing money over to mpoe and hoping some more rich idiots join the scheme later on and lose their money gambling on the site with futures/options.

Totally legit business. Deserves to be up in the finance hall of fame with JP Morgan..
Duffer1

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:29:28 AM

Eyes functioning as normal. 30,000 usd to join a scheme which has no sources of revenue besides the 30btc reg fee and whatever is made from the losses of its users. Literally just handing money over to mpoe and hoping some more rich idiots join the scheme later on and lose their money gambling on the site with futures/options.

Totally legit business. Deserves to be up in the finance hall of fame with JP Morgan..

Hello Sir,

Would you like to wiggle?

wiggle wiggle
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:59:03 AM

He has some legit points. S.MPOE is de facto the only stock traded on MPEx and with about 80% of total income the registration fee is the main source of income of S.MPOE. But it's not completely a snow ball system because you don't even get anything for paying the ridiculous fee, you have to invest even more to take part of the scheme/system.

The only one who benefits is Mircea and maybe his PR slave, who are laughing their asses off of this thread.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:07:46 AM

He has some legit points. S.MPOE is de facto the only stock traded on MPEx and with about 80% of total income the registration fee is the main source of income of S.MPOE. But it's not completely a snow ball system because you don't even get anything for paying the ridiculous fee, you have to invest even more to take part of the scheme/system.

Forget about the fact that registration fees are the biggest source of income aside from the occasional gambling bot win. If mpoe makes a shitload off of its users losses you wont get a portion of the winnings even if you are one of the rich kids partaking in the scheme. Something like 85% of all shares are held by Mr Popescu himself. Don't forget that this "PR" person is payed 12btc/month to spam this forum. Around 10% of last months dividends went directly to MPOE PR. Solid investment if you ask me...
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:52:45 AM

the registration fee is the main source of income of S.MPOE
That is highly incorrect. Read the financial statements, not the drivel of brain damaged people Wink

Not that paying the fee is required, but you know, that has been said already on the previous pages, which jimmothy ignores again just because he thinks being stubborn doesn't make him look like a fool.

Maybe you should read the financial statements. Here ill even quote it for you:

Revenue : 148.50221920 BTC, of which :Revenue from sales fee : 28.50221920 BTC (Total trade : 14`251.10960213 BTC)

Revenue from new accounts : 120 BTC

Expenditure : 12 BTC, of which :PR, 12 BTCiiProfit : 136.50221920

BTCShareholders table

Total shares : 1`000`000`000, of which :Mircea Popescu, 838`284`714 shares,

Third parties 161`715`286 shares.

Total dividend : 136.50221920 BTC

I love how just about all of your insults apply to yourself..

And just because you can buy shares through some guy who has paid the fee, doesn't mean you can use mpex without paying the fee.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:57:52 AM

Look at the previous months.

The ones where users (gamblers) lost huge or won huge?

Or the ones when btc was $5 a piece?

Just admit it.. you invested in a scam
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: