Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:11:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOKEN SALE] ✈️ TravelerToken: Spend Less. Travel More! ✈️  (Read 722 times)
Travelertoken (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:33:24 PM

Interesting concept! But how will you compete with the likes of Booking.com, Expedia, and co., who already have well-established customer databases supporting them?

Well, we find that there is no need to compete. While the TravelerToken system will act to reduce the number of intermediaries by creating a common infrastructure that can be leveraged, there will always be a need for companies that spend time and effort on pulling customers in, providing them with a nice experience, and offering support services. That will always add a bit of cost in the middle between the supplier and the consumer. The difference will be that instead of multiple intermediaries adding very little value to the end product, there will be at most one or perhaps more where actual value can be added. And that's where we come into the picture!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodrigalb

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:41:40 PM

I have to say that I love the idea, but I have an important question. How will you make a profit?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:46:41 PM

I have to say that I love the idea, but I have an important question. How will you make a profit?

Hi Rodrigalb. Thank you for the support!

The TLT foundation will be a non-profit entity governed democratically by its member businesses and token stakeholders. It will fund operations through a combination of the endowment of TLT reserved for this purpose and modest fees from members of the consortium. Smiley
rodrigalb

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:52:36 PM

The TLT foundation will be a non-profit entity governed democratically by its member businesses and token stakeholders. It will fund operations through a combination of the endowment of TLT reserved for this purpose and modest fees from members of the consortium. Smiley

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'd also like to know if you have scouted any competitors and, if so, what is your competitive advantage?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:55:48 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'd also like to know if you have scouted any competitors and, if so, what is your competitive advantage?

Our pleasure to help!

Indeed, there are a few competitors - check these when you have time just to have a better idea about the environment: CryptoCribs, Winding Tree, TravelCoin, Smart trip, Lockchain ICO, Loyyal (partially - loyalty platform also covering traveling). They are different from TLT in that they are single businesses or platforms; they are not a consortium aiming to work with existing industry leaders, they all rely on public blockchain platforms that suffer from scaling issues, and they are practically limited to niche use-cases.
Danielpeters

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:10:12 AM

Cool! What competitors have you identified that might be present in TLT's industry?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:11:12 AM

Cool! What competitors have you identified that might be present in TLT's industry?

Great question! There are a few competitors - check these when you have time just to have a better idea about the environment: CryptoCribs, Winding Tree, TravelCoin, Smart trip, Lockchain ICO, Loyyal (partially - loyalty platform also covering traveling). They are different from TLT in that they are single businesses or platforms; they are not a consortium aiming to work with existing industry leaders, they all rely on public blockchain platforms that suffer from scaling issues, and they are practically limited to niche use-cases.
cryptocurrency1

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:33:49 AM

Quick question: Can I use Jaxx wallet to transfer my TLT tokens?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:35:36 AM

Quick question: Can I use Jaxx wallet to transfer my TLT tokens?

Thanks for the question! The Jaxx wallet supports the ERC20 standard, so you will not lose your TLT if you contribute using such an address. However, Jaxx is selective about what tokens they fully integrate and opaque in their decision-making process; we are pursuing their cooperation. But don't worry - in the event Jaxx does not fully integrate the TLT, you can always make use of the ability to export/import your private keys.
Cryptomaster1

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:07:41 AM

May I know what standard do the tokens use? Correct me if I'm wrong, but does TLT use the ERC20 standard?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:08:27 AM

May I know what standard do the tokens use? Correct me if I'm wrong, but does TLT use the ERC20 standard?

That is correct! The initial tokens disbursed during the token sale will be ERC20 standard tokens on the Ethereum platform. When the overall TLT system is operational, the ERC20 tokens will be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with the native TLT token; this native token will likely follow any prevailing Ethereum standards to improve interoperability between the networks.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 04:10:25 AM

what's making this token unique? I was just reading another travel token called travelblock and they will remove cancellation fees and no hidden pumping bots from the price that you end up being exposed to so overall those two issues are very pronounced in the travel industry. Are you guys going to do the same or better?
theKryptoGuy

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:20:15 AM

Hi...thanks for the project! May I know how many people is the whitelist limited to?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:25:10 AM

Hi...thanks for the project! May I know how many people is the whitelist limited to?

Thanks for the question! There are no limitations on the number of pre-sale participants. The only restriction is that the standard KYC/AML requirements be met.
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:48:21 AM

what's making this token unique? I was just reading another travel token called travelblock and they will remove cancellation fees and no hidden pumping bots from the price that you end up being exposed to so overall those two issues are very pronounced in the travel industry. Are you guys going to do the same or better?

Hi JungleOnion! Thank you for the question! And yes, those two features that you mentioned are merely a few out of many features that we offer our users. Besides being a blockchain-based data sharing infrastructure and payment system for the travel industry, TravelerToken (TLT) provides a shared technical and economic infrastructure that will form the basis of a new standard for business practices as monetary systems evolve away from fiat. To do that, the TLT system consists of a set of interlocking P2P protocols that will allow members to keep their data wherever they like, choose fine-grained access privileges, and yet query the entire network like a traditional relational database. Moreover, the TravelerToken is backed by real commerce, has a stabilizing built-in reserve and exchange mechanism and incentivizes demand by rewarding spending with automatic 'cashback' rewards. As a result, travelers can pay for all their travel needs and even have a convenient option for any sort of payment in local currencies without the hassles of Forex.

Hope that answers your question! For more information, feel free to check out our whitepaper or our one-pager.
ezzapakistan

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:25:10 PM

May I know how many tokens will be generated in the ICO?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

May I know how many tokens will be generated in the ICO?

The exact number of tokens generated depends on the amount of funds contributed. Upon reaching the hard cap, the token generation event will end immediately. Tokens will be transferable once the token generation event is completed.
peterexpert

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:39:38 PM

May I know how will the funds raised in the ICO be allocated?
Travelertoken (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:40:34 PM

Hi there! The allocation of funds is as follows:

35% Research & Development, 25% Sales & Marketing, 20% Partner Acquisition, 10% ETH Reserve, 10% Admin, Operations, Founding, Legal.
peterexpert

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

Hi there! The allocation of funds is as follows:

35% Research & Development, 25% Sales & Marketing, 20% Partner Acquisition, 10% ETH Reserve, 10% Admin, Operations, Founding, Legal.

Thanks for the info!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: