Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain in gaming : discover the Blockchain Game Summit  (Read 309 times)
gamedex

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:18:40 AM

Thanks for posting about the Blockchain Game Summit.  We would love to go and present Gamedex if schedules work out.

For those in this thread that haven't heard of Gamedex, here's a quick summary and link to our Pre-ICO announcement thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4382724.0

Gamedex is a blockchain-powered platform and ecosystem for digital collectible cards, and the games they’re used in. Blockchain-based non-fungible tokens hold several advantages over traditional collectibles such as true ownership, trustless authenticity, and provable scarcity.

Gamedex also serves as your digital wallet, token exchange, and game store, all in one app for desktop or mobile. Buy and sell digital collectibles on the Gamedex exchange, or trade directly with other collectors. Snag a top card to help you defeat a tough opponent or sell that rare limited-edition card to the highest bidder. No matter the transaction, it’s global, fast, and free.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StickSports

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

Soon I hope to start playing only blockchain-based games; I think there will be enough of them out, soon. It makes my gaming accomplishments feel more real

right? also doesn't it feel like you're more in control of the game knowing that you actually own the assets and can do with them whatever you want, and that you have a cryptogaming community that is solid?. I recently joined a bunch of cryptogaming groups on telegram and they're all so nice and welcoming, whereas when I play on fortnite or pubg its only people insulting each other haha
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:02:35 PM

Soon I hope to start playing only blockchain-based games; I think there will be enough of them out, soon. It makes my gaming accomplishments feel more real

right? also doesn't it feel like you're more in control of the game knowing that you actually own the assets and can do with them whatever you want, and that you have a cryptogaming community that is solid?. I recently joined a bunch of cryptogaming groups on telegram and they're all so nice and welcoming, whereas when I play on fortnite or pubg its only people insulting each other haha

I agree with both of you. It would be much more life like in sense of owning things.. as a matter of fact.. even better in terms of asset owning like limited ones.
for example imagine this.. owning a car in an online multiplayer game something like Need For Speed. All the modifications and car models can range from legendary to common and limited. even the game devs themselves cannot introduce an inflation in the assets.

On the point of community, yeah trust me when i say i have been to the very top and back in competitive scene, kids are keyboard warriors. Its their way of letting steam away. No one should take it serious.
At this point blockchain gaming is new and hasnt penetrated deep into the gaming scene. Thats what our objective is with such initiatives.

BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY IN GAMING = HUGE POTENTIAL!

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
StickSports

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:53:24 AM

I agree with both of you. It would be much more life like in sense of owning things.. as a matter of fact.. even better in terms of asset owning like limited ones.
for example imagine this.. owning a car in an online multiplayer game something like Need For Speed. All the modifications and car models can range from legendary to common and limited. even the game devs themselves cannot introduce an inflation in the assets.

On the point of community, yeah trust me when i say i have been to the very top and back in competitive scene, kids are keyboard warriors. Its their way of letting steam away. No one should take it serious.
At this point blockchain gaming is new and hasnt penetrated deep into the gaming scene. Thats what our objective is with such initiatives.

yeah and imagine you were able to take your car from Need for Speed and take it to another different game like GTA for example... cause blockchain actually allows interoperability of games, how cool would that be?!
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 01:39:24 PM

yeah and imagine you were able to take your car from Need for Speed and take it to another different game like GTA for example... cause blockchain actually allows interoperability of games, how cool would that be?!

I've already used the SaruTobi card in Spells of Genesis Cheesy

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
StickSports

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:09:32 PM

that's amazing! how's Spells of Genesis? I've seen a lot of people talk about it in the cryptogaming telegram groups I'm at
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:18:36 PM

Yes indeed the assets can be crossed over. that would be super nice.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 08:14:20 PM

that's amazing! how's Spells of Genesis? I've seen a lot of people talk about it in the cryptogaming telegram groups I'm at

It was basically the first blockchain game produced by an established development studio, so it's been out longer and is more playable than others.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
StickSports

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:01:50 AM

Nice, I've only been playing 0xUniverse for now
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: