Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I know how to fix the crash.  (Read 938 times)
Opsamk (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 02:11:29 AM

Bitcoin is over, it's stretched out like a 60 year old hooker. We can no longer mine a currency with flaws like network inefficiencies and security. We can start a new bitcoin network, migrate to namecoin or wait for the next iteration of Bitcoin. To save this market is like trying to put a cloud inside a cup.

1GPsFkReoJi8isJk1Vyry7NVnL2qpaC9Ja

Feeling generous? Send me some bits Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:14:16 AM

My teacup is full of clouds, a storm in fact. I'll buy up all your bitcoins once the price is low enough Cheesy
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 02:16:21 AM

My teacup is full of clouds, a storm in fact. I'll buy up all your bitcoins once the price is low enough Cheesy

I had dreams, they were clouds in my coffee

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 02:18:14 AM

We can no longer mine a currency with flaws like network inefficiencies and security
So, what about contributing ideas and code to fix these?

We can start a new bitcoin network, migrate to namecoin
Namecoin is exactly the same system as Bitcoin. It wouldn't solve any issues.

Also you seem to be conflating the current pricing "issues", which is basically a speculator's game, with the underlying system, which doesn't suffer from any problems at the moment.

or wait for the next iteration of Bitcoin.
Oh yes, I'm so sure waiting will make everything good. All great developments in history resulted from those brave people waiting for the good stuff to come to them.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:19:31 AM

Bitcoin is over, it's stretched out like a 60 year old hooker. We can no longer mine a currency with flaws like network inefficiencies and security. We can start a new bitcoin network, migrate to namecoin or wait for the next iteration of Bitcoin. To save this market is like trying to put a cloud inside a cup.

There is no crash, and many new networks have already been started.

We achieved parity with every national currency on the planet, and then people started playing gold-games with bitcoin instead of e-gold, so what, turns out even now we are still at or above parity with every national currency on the planet despite all the crap about crashes.

Meanwhile we also have umpteen other cryptocurrencies the gold-game players have not even jumped into yet though I guess we can expect them to start being subjected to this same kind of game-playing any time now.

Luckily some of them actually had games in mind from the get-go though I suppose some people might consider it unfair that players who do not even have a planet one can reach with one's warpbattleships to nuke can effect the value of one's currency...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Opsamk (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
u
August 07, 2011, 02:22:02 AM

There is no crash, and many new networks have already been started.

We achieved parity with every national currency on the planet, and then people started playing gold-games with bitcoin instead of e-gold, so what, turns out even now we are still at or above parity with every national currency on the planet despite all the crap about crashes, meanwhile we also have umpteen other cryptocurrencies the gold-game players have not even jumped into yet though I guess we can expect them to start being subjected to this same kind of game-playing any time now. Luckily some of them actually had games in mind from the get-go though I suppose some people might consider it unfair that players who do not even have a planet one can reach with one's warpbattleships to nuke can effect the value of one's currency...

-MarkM-

Question is, how low can it go?

1GPsFkReoJi8isJk1Vyry7NVnL2qpaC9Ja

Feeling generous? Send me some bits Smiley
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:23:40 AM

Question is, how low can it go?

Depends on whether it IS a gold-game started by scammers who have no intention of backing its value with the fiat they obtain by trading some of it for fiat...

-MarkM- (If NOT, then 1/21000000 of the "reserves" the founders have managed to accumulate, or thereabouts.)

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:26:21 AM

I had dreams, they were clouds in my coffee

You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive

I had to burrow like a mole to get this. Where were these quotes when...?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: