Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Captcha should be removed  (Read 260 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:51:51 AM

I'll tell you, I don't use Tor and when I've had to log in in the past from my PC, it has sometimes taken numerous attempts with the captcha.  It's a pain in the ass, but the solution is to stay logged in.  I understand that when you're managing a stable of alt accounts, all in different campaigns, it can be tiresome but there's a solution for that as well.  <ahem>

I always stay logged in and hadn't figured out why people were complaining... makes sense now.

My limited knowledge of internet security keeps me from realizing the advantages of the captcha, but I think helps keep spam bots from running rampant.  We had one for a while that made all these new accounts, and late at night they were making these posts advertising weird bodybuilding supplements.  I reported them on a nightly basis for a while, and then suddenly they were gone.  If I'm wrong--and if anyone actually reads this post--you can correct me.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor annoyance.  If it assists Theymos in keeping bitcointalk clean, I won't bitch about it.

It doesn't stop bots running rampant but as I explained above it does add a cost for them. That might be enough to persuade some of them to go and spam somewhere else.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:07:38 AM

1. It doesn't work properly. Sometimes it needs about 10 minutes to 'verify' it. I'm not exaggerating.?

I also experience this kind of scenario, when I do the captcha but it is always error even though it is correct. However if this happens i just usually close my btt tab then surf for news. After that it works well.

Now the solution I do is i check the Always login so that I wont need to log anymore.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: