Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:02:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Javascript library keeps Bitcoin prices reasonable compared to market price  (Read 1763 times)
Lenny (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:59:44 PM

I created a Javascript library, and thought I would post it so others could use it, and possibly get suggestions from the community.

I saw that Bitcoin prices on many sites quickly got to be unrealistic, so I thought that a simple, plug-and-play Javascript library might be useful in the community.

Imagine the following automatically updating:
  • A news article discussing the rapid increase in Bitcoin prices:
    Bitcoins have been skyrocketing, recently seen going for <current market price> USD/BTC.
  • An instructional article:
    Say Jane wanted to give John a sweatshirt for his birthday.  She transfers <mBTC value worth $30 USD> mBTC to his account.
  • Rough estimations of value:
    The price will be calculated after you submit an invoice, currently it would be around <uBTC value worth the price> uBTC.
    Minimal donations of <mBTC value worth the donation> mBTC are requested.

The prices update about every 5-10 minutes, and can be embedded in BTC, mBTC, and uBTC, and as shown above, can be the current market value (or a certain amount times the value), or calculated based on non-BTC prices, and the source is distributed on a global CDN.

Website, with copy-paste usage.

Would anyone find this useful?  Does anyone have suggestions for changes?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: