Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain launches the Z9 Equihash miner  (Read 37166 times)
Tailgunner

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:36:17 PM

I got my 2nd batch of z9 mini today. None of the 4 miner from this batch can hold 700 mhz clock, they can do 650mhz at 14.1k sol/s. Still fine tuning them for max hash rate.

2 miner from the first batch easily does 750mhz, 16k sol/s.

They are probably sorting chips for mini vs full size z9. That is common for other chip makers and helps explain variation in batch one hashrate. Unfortunate for batch two buyers on all fronts, it seems.

The Mini and full have same chips, it appears, and same rated MHz/performance. So not much need to sort the chips for either.
Not all chips in a batch are created equally. They pick the best ones for higher end products like the non mini which require a higher stock clock speed. This is called silicon binning.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:40:28 PM

I got my 2nd batch of z9 mini today. None of the 4 miner from this batch can hold 700 mhz clock, they can do 650mhz at 14.1k sol/s. Still fine tuning them for max hash rate.

They are probably sorting chips for mini vs full size z9. That is common for other chip makers and helps explain variation in batch one hashrate. Unfortunate for batch two buyers on all fronts, it seems.

The Mini and full have same chips, it appears, and same rated MHz/performance. So not much need to sort the chips for either.
Not all chips in a batch are created equally. They pick the best ones for higher end products like the non mini which require a higher stock clock speed. This is called silicon binning.
Only that the manual of the non mini says it’s also clocked at 500.
Tailgunner

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Interesting. Does this mean the non mini has 4-5x the amount of hashboards then? Based on how well the batch 1 minis OC I would think the non mini should be able to hit 50k with just 2-3x the hashboards.
Sebahl

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:04:07 PM

Interesting. Does this mean the non mini has 4-5x the amount of hashboards then? Based on how well the batch 1 minis OC I would think the non mini should be able to hit 50k with just 2-3x the hashboards.
It has 4 times the hashboards. That makes me think it can be at least overclocked to hash at 60.
adrian5

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:36:48 PM

It has 4 times the hashboards. That makes me think it can be at least overclocked to hash at 60.
There might be another limitation, which is the number of 6pin PCI-E power connectors per board, Z9 Mini has one 6pin connector to power 4 chips, Z9 has 2 x 6pin power connectors per board to power 16 chips. Each connector is rated at 150 Watt max, so 6 connectors x 150 = 900W. So those power connectors are at MAX rated power out of the box. 60k will require at least 50 more power, which is 1350Watt best case scenario, if not more.
cryptochristo

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:05:06 PM

UPS just hit me for $214 each.  Nothing like an unexpected kick to the balls.

I am paying C$110 each (UPS). I live in Canada. Shipment also supposedly held by "severe weather conditions"  but all of the sudden appeared in Ontario today. One shipment was showing in Louisville for two days. UPS is really bad.

hmmm... I'm in Canada also, and I have had good experiences with UPS - fast shipping (I recall one mechanical breakdown delay of a day).  My last mini was shipped from China and delivered in just 3 days.
mfurman

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:26:06 AM

UPS just hit me for $214 each.  Nothing like an unexpected kick to the balls.

I am paying C$110 each (UPS). I live in Canada. Shipment also supposedly held by "severe weather conditions"  but all of the sudden appeared in Ontario today. One shipment was showing in Louisville for two days. UPS is really bad.

hmmm... I'm in Canada also, and I have had good experiences with UPS - fast shipping (I recall one mechanical breakdown delay of a day).  My last mini was shipped from China and delivered in just 3 days.

Mine took 3 and 4 days (I mean this batch). It is not time, I am unhappy about but extremely not up to date tracking. I got them both today and already overclocked to 675 MHz (I did not want to go higher in this batch). They came with "Balanced" option only.
Dobryj77

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:25:29 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2018, 03:52:59 AM by Dobryj77

Mine took 3 and 4 days (I mean this batch). It is not time, I am unhappy about but extremely not up to date tracking. I got them both today and already overclocked to 675 MHz (I did not want to go higher in this batch). They came with "Balanced" option only.

Can you tell us how to overclocked this 2 batch ? can not find frequency settings Huh
Sebahl

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:22:17 AM

Can you tell us how to overclocked this 2 batch ? can not find frequency settings Huh

Use Google Chrome. Log into your Antminer and go to the tab where you would change the frequency (now you only see 'balanced' there). Press F12 which opens the console to see the website code. Press Ctrl+f to search this for ant_freq. You will see that the balanced profile is equal to a clock frequency of 500Mhz. Here you can edit the number (in the code) to whatever you like (675 seems to be a safe bet) and then make sure you select the balanced profile in the antminer gui and click save/apply. You got yourself an overclocked batch 2 Z9 Mini.
Dobryj77

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:45:36 AM

Use Google Chrome. Log into your Antminer and go to the tab where you would change the frequency (now you only see 'balanced' there). Press F12 which opens the console to see the website code. Press Ctrl+f to search this for ant_freq. You will see that the balanced profile is equal to a clock frequency of 500Mhz. Here you can edit the number (in the code) to whatever you like (675 seems to be a safe bet) and then make sure you select the balanced profile in the antminer gui and click save/apply. You got yourself an overclocked batch 2 Z9 Mini.

Thank you! working! Grin Grin Wink
mfurman

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:12:37 AM

In my case, I changed entry "option value" to 650, searching for "Balanced".
sw00rdfish

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

Is it running stable at 650 OC?
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:20:27 AM

Does anyone tired to copy firmware from the first batch of z9 mini to avoid OC through the browser?
rafaelloyo

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

Hello everyone I have a problem I bought Z9 I set everything and in the field where I wrote adress ip gave it and from now on cholera I can not connect to the internet I also changed to ststs gdie I learned that I did wrong should be DHCP I turned off the antminera and the end no connection to the internet PLEASE LET ME SEE EVERYONE
d.v.

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:57:17 PM

Does anyone tired to copy firmware from the first batch of z9 mini to avoid OC through the browser?

yes, some have done this successfully so that they would not have to use the browser trick. keep in mind that it will not help with the OC bottleneck.

Hello everyone I have a problem I bought Z9 I set everything and in the field where I wrote adress ip gave it and from now on cholera I can not connect to the internet I also changed to ststs gdie I learned that I did wrong should be DHCP I turned off the antminera and the end no connection to the internet PLEASE LET ME SEE EVERYONE

there is a reset hole button on the front of the miner. while the miner is on, use a paperclip and push in that button and hold it for at least 10-20 seconds then let it go and see if it will get an IP from your router and then start over from there.
mfurman

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:52:12 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 02:50:42 PM by mfurman

Is it running stable at 650 OC?

Very much so (two of them). I did not even experiment with higher clock
wesdak

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Thanks!! working fine for me!!!
Marnem2.0

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

someone have got it? can you say me the oc set up? and the max hash?
thanks
mcun2000

Activity: 32
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:08:52 PM

Just wanted to add comment on Batch 2 Z9 minis.

My batch 2 Z9 minis (arrived today) have the drop down box to choose frequency. It has all the same frequencies as my batch 1 Z9 mini.

The only issue is that they are not steady when overclocking to 700 frequency like batch 1. The highest they will go without pooping out is 668 frequency.
fccs

Activity: 353
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:43:31 PM

Still no one alerted of z9 full miner shipments??
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: