Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone read this Bitcoin book?  (Read 733 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:58:41 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1119473861

"The Bitcoin Standard" by Saifedean Ammous, looks pretty good. This guy has the right vision, he isn't a shitcoin pump and dumper like most people in the space which is always a positive. Seems to explain why big blocks is a failure too.

I would be interested in buying this if anyone can give me some more data. Reviews look good but I want some people in this forum to give me some cliffs on it from the perspective of someone that actually owns bitcoin and has been here for a while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
systematicdeception

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:03:53 PM

I have read the book on bitcoin recently, the one you have mentioned. In my opinion, it is a great guide to understanding what a bitcoin is and what it is not. As for me it was really useful

jjklondi521

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:08:03 PM

Yes I've read. It is good, but it is indeed more focused on economic aspect rather than technical aspect.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:12:06 PM

That book is well made. It was written by SAIFEDEAN AMMOUS, PHD,  a Professor of Economics at the Lebanese American University, and member of the Center on Capitalism and Society at Columbia University. This books answers the famous questions that are always being repeated on this forum such as who is controlling bitcoin?, is bitcoin a currency of criminals and also it explains how bitcoin challenges the government and banks.
btc4future

Activity: 317

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:02:12 PM

That is great . Its really great opportunity for all the people all over the world. Thats will helpful for all those people who really want to know about Bitcoin.

I will buy this one, I never seen it before . Actually I never know that I can make some knowledge with this kind of book about Bitcoin.

Thanks a lot..... Smiley

have a nice day Sir.
Sakash

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:32:39 PM

I read the book bitcoin. After the book I learned a lot about bitcoin. For example, how bitcoin can be managed, Which is better among banks vs. bitcoin How is the government taking bitcoin?
Shakawat

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:52:42 PM

i bought this book and read it. i have learned a lot about bitcoin which been a lot about me since before.
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:08:10 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1119473861

"The Bitcoin Standard" by Saifedean Ammous, looks pretty good. This guy has the right vision, he isn't a shitcoin pump and dumper like most people in the space which is always a positive. Seems to explain why big blocks is a failure too.

I would be interested in buying this if anyone can give me some more data. Reviews look good but I want some people in this forum to give me some cliffs on it from the perspective of someone that actually owns bitcoin and has been here for a while.
The best book about Bitcoin that I read is called "Bitcoin - The People's Money". Author of Adam Tepper. He is very competent and available about the bitcoin. I advise you to buy and read this book.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:10:24 PM

wow.. books on bitcoins are also now published.. this shows the bitcoin is becoming more powerful day by day.. and it will be adopted by more and more people ...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:54:52 PM

I never read it, but if looked at the cover view and the author, I am also interested to buy the book.

I think in the future there should be even more books about bitcoin, so bitcoin books can be knowledge reference for every crypto users.

especially if bitcoin is accepted by the world, and learned in every school, then a book about bitcoin should be spread to the public.

zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:12:14 AM

Well I don't know if there is a book as good as it is,I just know when reading your thread,I think bitcoin is now growing rapidly and with the book that discusses bitcoin in particular will make the many people will be curious about bitcoin and will start coming to market.Its look really good.
sate_padang

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:04:51 AM

It seems that the book is very good and I feel like it, and I still hold some bitcoins, and I believe prices will go up again, and I will give you.
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:25:14 AM

I think all the information and news about bitcoin is widespread and we can understand bitcoin by reading articles that have sprung up and bitcointalk is also one of the containers to learn to invest with bitcoin

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:35:42 AM

I must admit that this is a good stuff and thanks for sharing but for me this isn't enough to buy such,
I need to be encouraged and more proofs from others who had invested in this ..i wish theres someone will share their experiences about this certain matters
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:47:12 AM

no, I haven't read this book but thank u for mentioning the book as a bitcoin enthusiastic i will read this book
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:08:07 AM

I never heard about this book until now,but as you said the reviews look good so if you want you can just buy it and the kindle version is pretty cheap just around $12 so you need to buy that in my opinion.But I think this should be important to read for the newbie investors who treats the bitcoin as only money making tool,this might help them to understand the real meaning of bitcoin and decentralization.
Ar Rahman

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:15:09 PM

I've read this is a very good book because there is so much in it to know about bitcoin and also seeing the development of the extent to which bitcoin has penetrated the world economy, perhaps for people less knowledgeable about bitcoin this book is considered less attractive to its readers.
pantheraio

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

I have never read a book about bitcoin at all, maybe i will try to read it. And thank you for telling this forum. Maybe it will be a lesson for people who want to know more about bitcoin. If indeed this book is very helpful maybe all people from this forum will know bitcoin better. I'm looking for a bit of bitcoin anywhere.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:12:37 PM

I have never read a book about bitcoin at all, maybe i will try to read it. And thank you for telling this forum. Maybe it will be a lesson for people who want to know more about bitcoin. If indeed this book is very helpful maybe all people from this forum will know bitcoin better. I'm looking for a bit of bitcoin anywhere.
The fact is that the literature on the crypto currency is quite specific and where it is not so easy to find it. Perhaps with the further development of public interest in the crypto currency, it will be possible to get such literature everywhere and not only at bookshops.
Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

I haven't given this a read but it looks good so maybe I will give it a go!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: