Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:38:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid bounty scams in bitcointalk  (Read 680 times)
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:51:53 PM

I think project research is somewhat a pretty difficult thing to do especially because the bounty comes at a pretty early stage when even the pre-ico is months away so you have merely a white paper and website to judge the project which is often not enough. So I think the only best way to judge any campaign at such a stage is by taking consideration the campaign manager. Trusted campaign manager is in itself a guarantee that even if the campaign is less fruitful but it will not be a complete scam.

The first thing that I look for when I want to join a bounty is the campaign manager. The higher the rank, the more trusted the manager but I will prioritize those that already has a reputation in the forum because they would not just waste their account to a scam project but there are times when they are scammed too. Some campaign managers spent their own funds just to compensate the bounty participants so the bounties of these campaign managers are preferable compared to others. I prefer a weekly compensation than a monthly or a bounty paid after ICO but if the project is good then I would just wait for them to distribute it hoping they would compensate the participants as what they promise.

Dont know if that is true at all or im the only one who thinks this way but both the ways are getting insecure these days. Im sure managers who are best of all will always try to bring up the best campaigns ever. However, many times these projects are getting illegal or scam one when they get at the final stages of the development. Managers has got nothing to do with that but for us its really bad time these days as projects themselves are getting weird. Need to find out some other way round or may be we will never have that opportunity and we will need to keep trying always.

Even if you did your research and you think the project is good. There would be times when the intention of the team behind is to scam all the investors, bounty participants and even the campaign manager. They carefully laid out their plan to get the most out of the project and run away with all the money. We just have to keep trying because in some ways there are still honest ICOs paying the participants on time and as what they promised.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:47:48 PM

In order to avoid bounty scams you need to consider 2 things:

1. CHECK THE PROJECT - you need to do research about the bounty, the project team, the whitepaper because some might just copy and paste it, the advisors, roadmap, bounty pool and ofcourse the founder you need to be a good observer, check their background because sometimes by just merely observing and reading you will know right away if the bounty is a scam.

2. CAMPAIGN MANAGER - the one that you should always consider, because if the bounty manager is scammer then the bounties itself is a scam, and it is really obvious if the bounty manager has a negative trust then surely he or she is scammer, one thing to consider also is the rank of the bounty manager the higher the rank the higher the legit factor, you can always do research here there are many list of legit and reliable bounty manager and the list of all bounty manager scammers.

thank you for your kindness!
hope it helps!
more power!
I agree with your number two(2) advice, whenever have a new open bounty or signature campaign I always recognize who is the campaign manager so I know if it's nice to join, I have a favorite manager and I always join his signature campaigns every time he opens a new one.
And for those who are just beginning and willing to join the signature campaign I recommend that you read this thread first for more information.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

1. CHECK THE PROJECT - you need to do research about the bounty, the project team, the whitepaper because some might just copy and paste it, the advisors, roadmap, bounty pool and ofcourse the founder you need to be a good observer, check their background because sometimes by just merely observing and reading you will know right away if the bounty is a scam.

2. CAMPAIGN MANAGER - the one that you should always consider, because if the bounty manager is scammer then the bounties itself is a scam, and it is really obvious if the bounty manager has a negative trust then surely he or she is scammer, one thing to consider also is the rank of the bounty manager the higher the rank the higher the legit factor, you can always do research here there are many list of legit and reliable bounty manager and the list of all bounty manager scammers.

hope it helps!
more power!
I agree with your number two(2) advice, whenever have a new open bounty or signature campaign I always recognize who is the campaign manager so I know if it's nice to join, I have a favorite manager and I always join his signature campaigns every time he opens a new one.
And for those who are just beginning and willing to join the signature campaign I recommend that you read this thread first for more information.

When you participate in bounty manager is actually matters. If the project actually using the newbie guys they are promoting the project with the own people. Those kind of the bounties are actually scamming the participants by only getting the promotion and they get the crowdfunding mate.

I see this thread bumping with the same answer and agreeing it the same. Instead of that we can add the more information needed to be here or let this thread dead forever guys.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:39:21 AM

hope it helps!
more power!

When you participate in bounty manager is actually matters. If the project actually using the newbie guys they are promoting the project with the own people. Those kind of the bounties are actually scamming the participants by only getting the promotion and they get the crowdfunding mate.

I see this thread bumping with the same answer and agreeing it the same. Instead of that we can add the more information needed to be here or let this thread dead forever guys.
While participating in an bounty it is must to go through the managers details. Apart from the same it is also a must thing to go through the project based on which the particular bounty program is being scheduled. There are more successful bounties which haven't attained big growth just because of lack of marketing. So, various factors would lead towards scam.
ICOMain.io

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:27:58 AM

Bounty Hunters are risking their times and efforts to join the bounty campaigns. Not only for bounty manager's reputation they will looking, also the ICO project itselves. 
Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:26:09 AM

To all the newbies out there, a good example of a good bounty manager is Sylon and Yahoo. They have the most trusted reputation for me. Now compare if those other bounty managers operated the same as those two that I mentioned to make your bounty selection easier.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:59:32 AM

CAMPAIGN MANAGER - the one that you should always consider, because if the bounty manager is scammer then the bounties itself is a scam

This point would be valid in most of the cases but it must be emphasized that the other way around might not be always true.
Consider the case of trusted bounty managers, they look into the project but if the intentions of the ico's team is to scam everyone they would target the manager too and he might not able to differentiate it.

The best way is to DYOR (Do Your Own Research) whether it be investment of money or your precious time.
But it can't be right in always because when we see a recent scam bounty called bitbliss run by aTriz one of the most reputed manager of our forum,everyone has the price tag even the good managers can be bought by scammers.So do your own research is the best thing we can do before joining in bounties.

In this way, we cannot blame the managers because everything seems to be very positive in the beginning but they start raising enough money they will not respond to the investors and to the managers. That's how stupid companies behave so we have research ourselves before investing into any ICO.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:18:18 PM

To all the newbies out there, a good example of a good bounty manager is Sylon and Yahoo. They have the most trusted reputation for me. Now compare if those other bounty managers operated the same as those two that I mentioned to make your bounty selection easier.

Apart from these people many trusted members also in this forum as a escrow and other service workers mate. I believe on yahoo all the time even without escrow. He is the best campaign manager in this forum mate.
Apart from signature campaign, there are many scam attempts really need to care by any moderators but all missing in bounties side and power misuses mate.
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:20:14 PM

hope it helps!
more power!

Good advice dude. This may help to many people. Also i wanna share some of my point.

Its very difficult to identify whether the ICO is scam or real. But if followed below research we can avoid some scam ICO.

1. Check each team member linkedin acct whether they really promoting their projects or not.

2. Check telegram accounts too. If they dont have real team, you can assume that as scam

3. Dont believe high discount project ICO

4. Do your own research and learn new things. Do not trust others
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:46:53 AM

hope it helps!
more power!

Good advice dude. This may help to many people. Also i wanna share some of my point.

Its very difficult to identify whether the ICO is scam or real. But if followed below research we can avoid some scam ICO.

1. Check each team member linkedin acct whether they really promoting their projects or not.

2. Check telegram accounts too. If they dont have real team, you can assume that as scam

3. Dont believe high discount project ICO

4. Do your own research and learn new things. Do not trust others

From my experience, however we check and make our investment some goes as a scam. We cannot avoid those instances, because the project will be good, it'll be having a good development team and if the same lacks in funding the end result will be a failure. This gets mentioned under the scam list. I suggest to have your own research and do the investment, so that whether it is a scam or success it stay within us, no need to blame others.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:32:40 AM

hope it helps!
more power!

3. DONT JOIN THEM - Bounties are paid in tokens that is close to have little to no chance of being listed in a good exchange. You might be left holding something that has no value.

Some bounties might have used many fake forum accounts to trick the real accounts that many people want to join the bounty. 
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:10:34 AM

Nowadays we can't easily trust an ICO, to avoid scam ICO you have to go through or study every detail of the project, if possible the project has its existing known infrastructure, realiable personality or team developer behind the project, the product or services it offers is realistic and really addresses the solutions they are targeting to its direct users and also have a great impact and contribution to the crypto community and ecommerce industry. 
cryptokingmaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:44:56 AM

It is impossible to identify the scam ICO because until they scam the people. Everything seems to be very interesting because that how they will market their ICO. Until they scam us we cannot identify the project.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:52:22 PM

It is impossible to identify the scam ICO because until they scam the people. Everything seems to be very interesting because that how they will market their ICO. Until they scam us we cannot identify the project.

Why not! Please do not go with the every ICO project's bounty campaigns first. Before you want to join the campaign analyze the details you see on their website and white paper. This will be give the enough brief about the project.
If you understand the details then only you should join the campaign. Even you can get the tokens from the airdrop also do not share the details KYC to them.
Most of the ICO are scam so follow the manager at least and then go to participate the campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: