Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bter.com Bitcoin Withdrawals Disabled??  (Read 1987 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

This is starting to irritated the crap out of me.  No matter what exchange I use, there's always something huge that you can't do.  On Vircurex I put a bunch of Litecoin in today, only to find that "Litecoin Withrawals are Disabled"

So I put the rest of my Litecoin into Bter to purchase some Bitcoin.  Guess what?   "Bitcoin Withdrawals are Disabled" there.  What is with these exchanges?  Anyone know why BTC withdrawal is disabled?  All i want to do is transfer it to another address.  I don't want to cash it out in USD.... There's no reason on earth why sending BTC to another address should be disabled.  This is the most basic functionality of Bitcoin on earth.

If anyone knows when it will be re-enabled on Bter please advise.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:08:22 PM

Update:   Its been disabled for everyone, and some people are claiming that their BTC balance is now showing zero.

Others are claiming that their balance is changing every time they refresh the page.

They've locked out all BTC and LTC withdrawals and ... if people's balances are going to zero .... uh oh  Sad

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:11:23 PM

It does say this in the Chinese on the Popup:

"Due to high system load, virtual currency extract suspended, open later, please give us a little time, thank you for your understanding and support."

Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:13:19 PM

Update:   Its been disabled for everyone, and some people are claiming that their BTC balance is now showing zero.

Others are claiming that their balance is changing every time they refresh the page.

They've locked out all BTC and LTC withdrawals and ... if people's balances are going to zero .... uh oh  Sad

The balance is changing every second, but the amount of coins stay the same. I think they have serious problems with the website, hope they fix it soon.
Some feedback would be great...
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:18:27 PM

I feel better after I ran the chinese through Google Translate (above) and saw what they said.

As is standard, they don't bother explaining anything to the dumb americans.

Reminds me of when I was in the Hong Kong airport.  The plane was late by 2 hours, but the airline employee only made the explanations and updates in Chinese.

Even though he spoke english, and half the people in front of him were clearly caucasians.

He would finish his announcement, then put the Mic down and walk away, while everyone was doing "WHAT?" out loud...

They just don't give a shit lol

Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:12:22 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 09:53:15 PM by Teka

Anyone know how long it might take?

EDIT: I've sent them an email to see how long it might take.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: