Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:20:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum client bug  (Read 419 times)
Lazaruspl (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:43:34 PM

Hi,
according to forum rules I'm newbie, so I can't post this thread on Electrum board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0), so it would be good if someone would move this thread there. Anyway, today I've downloaded Electrum client for windows (standalone version). I've created a wallet, sent some coins, then send them again and etc, I was just testing it. After a while I wanted to export private keys, it was successful (file was saved) but app crashed. The true problem was that i didn't want to start again. Well it started (the process was running and the icon appeared on taskbar) but it was not visible. I've tracked this problem and it turned out that Electrum saved (in "config" file) some wrong values, more precisely:
'winpos-qt': [-31992, -31970, 600, 456]
I've changed it to:
winpos-qt': [160, 154, 840, 456]

and it fixed problem. However I think most users could be scared by such situation, so I think you guys should add some sanity checks when loading config files.

If it helped anyone, please donate to: 1DTtStmsqyLWz31szQH3y6yj2ViioRBaN6 Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: