Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:38:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Research on Bitmain Antminer Z9 EQUIHASH ASIC Miner - Zcash and Zencash Fork?  (Read 1559 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

Bitmain Antminer Z9 - Equihash ASIC Miner pushing 10,000 sols @ a whopping  300 watts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnbkbbu6z2Q

Mining Rig Parts IN STOCK on Amazon - http://geni.us/WQd7cCs
Zcash CEO Zooko says no to forking ASIC - https://goo.gl/X6K7tz
Bitmain Antminer Z9 Mini Equihash ASIC - https://goo.gl/vYFNMd
VoskCoin asks Zooko of ZEC and Rolf of ZEN - https://goo.gl/NV18pk

Interested in sharing your opinion on changing the algorithms to be truly asic-resistant and considering to invalidate the Bitmain Antminer Z9?
Click here -> https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zen/issues/142

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:36:18 PM

How are u able to do research when the miner is not even delivered yet?

What sorcery is this?

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:45:25 PM

He just need you to buy from his link in order for him to make cash !!

I was the one that had the info about ZEC miner from BITMAIN ....
They are coming more ASICS.  Grin Grin Grin infos later ..
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:50:11 PM

This is exactly why they are calling this version the mini. Its a marketing and profit ploy. ZCash and Zencash are already not forking, so they will be able to sell a lot of these ASICs. Zencash was so kind to even retweet bitmains release tweet. Probably getting paid from bitmain too.
ironkid

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:53:02 PM

I was never a negative guy and always support GPU mining. But this is bad guys its the begining of the end for GPU mining again. Equihash has alot of hashrate and if it becomes unprofitable with gpus the rest of the coins will take a massive dive too Sad
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:37:19 AM

Vosk, one point I'd like to see you mention is that the ASICs coming out now separate the haves from have-nots.  Its impossible to get GPUs at retail price, and the people who can, have inside connections.  I don't think its a surprise that Bitmain is suddenly releasing all of these ASICs now that gpus are scarce and expensive.  At least these antminers allow anyone to get involved in mining, not just people who happened to be lucky enough to buy mass amounts of GPUs when they were 300 bucks each.  Lets also not forget about the lack of innovation from Nvidia and AMD.  AMD gpus underperform and cost too much.  Nvidia refuses to even release new models because there are no competition. The 10 series is 2 years old.  Kind of ridiculous that people insist on using old technology in the name of decentralization.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:55:43 AM

Vosk, one point I'd like to see you mention is that the ASICs coming out now separate the haves from have-nots.  Its impossible to get GPUs at retail price, and the people who can, have inside connections.  I don't think its a surprise that Bitmain is suddenly releasing all of these ASICs now that gpus are scarce and expensive.  At least these antminers allow anyone to get involved in mining, not just people who happened to be lucky enough to buy mass amounts of GPUs when they were 300 bucks each.  Lets also not forget about the lack of innovation from Nvidia and AMD.  AMD gpus underperform and cost too much.  Nvidia refuses to even release new models because there are no competition. The 10 series is 2 years old.  Kind of ridiculous that people insist on using old technology in the name of decentralization.

I guess it depends on were you live i just bought a 570 AMD 4gb for 309 after rebate paid 329 on sell and i don't have any inside connections new egg has a few selling for 339$ or more  570 and 580....

my bad 8gb

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137291

mine had a 20 $ rebate and it was on sell . .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:13:24 AM

Link???   Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:39:35 AM

At least in the states gpu’s are readily available now and most nearing normal retail values in many cases. I’ve seen stick in almost every store and every website as of late.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:40:34 AM

Vosk, one point I'd like to see you mention is that the ASICs coming out now separate the haves from have-nots.  Its impossible to get GPUs at retail price, and the people who can, have inside connections.  I don't think its a surprise that Bitmain is suddenly releasing all of these ASICs now that gpus are scarce and expensive.  At least these antminers allow anyone to get involved in mining, not just people who happened to be lucky enough to buy mass amounts of GPUs when they were 300 bucks each.  Lets also not forget about the lack of innovation from Nvidia and AMD.  AMD gpus underperform and cost too much.  Nvidia refuses to even release new models because there are no competition. The 10 series is 2 years old.  Kind of ridiculous that people insist on using old technology in the name of decentralization.

I guess it depends on were you live i just bought a 570 AMD 4gb for 309 after rebate paid 329 on sell and i don't have any inside connections new egg has a few selling for 339$ or more  570 and 580....

my bad 8gb

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137291

mine had a 20 $ rebate and it was on sell . .

Unfortunately that price is still a fair bit above MSRP.... 18 months ago we were able to buy Rx 470s for as low as $170 each although usually they were closer to $200 at the time.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:06:17 AM

Sound like too good to be true, but that would be happening. Does anyone have an idea why Bitmain can do that?  Huh

With that spec and prices, that's really hurting GPU miners. But, whatever it is, as GPU miners, we need to face the fact, keep going and focus on what we have full control over it.  Wink
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:48:55 AM

Link???   Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin

Link for what ? for inside infos ? lol wake up !
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:12:01 AM

Cant stop evolution. ASIC are made for mining. More companies just need to get involved to make the products affordable. GPUs are crap to use for mining. Im constantly RMA'ing cards in large amounts. They ALWAYS break. Sucks if you have a big operation. What are people going to do. Fork every time a new ASIC comes out? This fight against them is unrealistic and petty. Companies need to embrace the tech, and solidify networks with better machines. The most vocal are the smaller miners. Sorry....People with money will run the industry. Dont hate a computer because a monopolizing company. When you can buy asics for the price/availability of GPUs, EVERYONE will use them. Anyone who is serious about mining will switch. Anyone who says they wont, are full of crap. GPUs need to be replaced. Texas Instruments are pioneers in this industry.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:30:24 AM

More companies seems to make things worse. More choice yes, but a lot more hashrate and each company has to guess how many units each other one is making, so any estimate they make for customer profits and ROI are unreliable.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:32:33 AM

This is exactly why they are calling this version the mini. Its a marketing and profit ploy. ZCash and Zencash are already not forking, so they will be able to sell a lot of these ASICs. Zencash was so kind to even retweet bitmains release tweet. Probably getting paid from bitmain too.

makes sense for zencash not forking, devs owned a lot of coins that they can have supernodes and continue profiting and a partnership with ASIC manufacturers might bring in the $$
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:56:18 AM

Cant stop evolution. ASIC are made for mining. More companies just need to get involved to make the products affordable. GPUs are crap to use for mining. Im constantly RMA'ing cards in large amounts. They ALWAYS break. Sucks if you have a big operation. What are people going to do. Fork every time a new ASIC comes out? This fight against them is unrealistic and petty. Companies need to embrace the tech, and solidify networks with better machines. The most vocal are the smaller miners. Sorry....People with money will run the industry. Dont hate a computer because a monopolizing company. When you can buy asics for the price/availability of GPUs, EVERYONE will use them. Anyone who is serious about mining will switch. Anyone who says they wont, are full of crap. GPUs need to be replaced. Texas Instruments are pioneers in this industry.

What GPUs do you have a lot of trouble with and what’s their average temp / fan speed

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:44:42 PM

ZEC is looking into it, they might fork after all, doubt it, but it's still possible. 

https://blog.z.cash/zcash-company-statement-on-asics/
pitt59

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:22:41 AM

i think its useless to fork, we fork now and bitmain just solves it again but the nxt time they break the algorithm they can decide not to sell.  actually even with this z9 mini, if they decided not to sell would we know that there is an asic already for equihash, at 2k usd retail price lets see 80m usd and they can control zcash network hash already, bitmain made more than 1b last year so they didnt really need to sell this asic, they can just write off 80m usd this year and not sell 40k units which they can easily do(2kusd/unit x 40k units is only 80m thats peanuts for bitmain) and with that they would be at zcash total hashrate already, if you guys were looking at hashrate of zcash, 3weeks ago it was only around 400, today at this time its 500 so means bitmain has already made the asics and probably mining it already well they got 2weeks to do it before they ship

so lets go to scenario where we fork, so probably hash goes back down to 400, they just make a new asic and this time they decide not to sell and just keep quiet well they can just do the 51% attack and screw us all, im a gpu miner but looking at how things have turned out maybe we can adjust the code so that a pool or miner doesnt go above a certain hashrate if this is possible since our only concern is centralization but it already is a fact we cant run away from asic they solved scrypt, ethash, cryptonight, equihash most at start saying its memory heavy so no asic can mine it but now asics are here and with the recent 51% attacks actually looking at btc ltc dash these are the coins with asic but cant be attacked cause of very high net hash and there isnt enough power on nicehash to attack them, issue with decentralization i think isnt with asic, its people selling to nicehash that is the issue cause recent attacks already proved this

so you know i didnt buy the z9 mini which i am actually having second doubt why i didnt, change algo bitmain solves it again and they can decide not to sell so we all end up as losers, if its possible to include for example a limit a worker to a certain limit on hash and maybe even pools then maybe this solves the issue, max hash a worker can have on network 10k sols i dont know if this is even possible but running from asics is not sustainable anymore if bitmain sells a new asic i will probably have to buy 1 already, also an issue with centralization i think even if its gpu only we already have that issue, how does it feel since aug last year until now i dont see any vega cards here but see 1 guy post getting 500vega gpu last nov
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:01:33 AM

so, lets say they fork in x16(r or s) how much it will take to make an asic that is profitable ? Smiley
Ultrasound

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

i think its useless to fork, we fork now and bitmain just solves it again but the nxt time they break the algorithm they can decide not to sell.  actually even with this z9 mini, if they decided not to sell would we know that there is an asic already for equihash, at 2k usd retail price lets see 80m usd and they can control zcash network hash already, bitmain made more than 1b last year so they didnt really need to sell this asic, they can just write off 80m usd this year and not sell 40k units which they can easily do(2kusd/unit x 40k units is only 80m thats peanuts for bitmain) and with that they would be at zcash total hashrate already, if you guys were looking at hashrate of zcash, 3weeks ago it was only around 400, today at this time its 500 so means bitmain has already made the asics and probably mining it already well they got 2weeks to do it before they ship

so lets go to scenario where we fork, so probably hash goes back down to 400, they just make a new asic and this time they decide not to sell and just keep quiet well they can just do the 51% attack and screw us all, im a gpu miner but looking at how things have turned out maybe we can adjust the code so that a pool or miner doesnt go above a certain hashrate if this is possible since our only concern is centralization but it already is a fact we cant run away from asic they solved scrypt, ethash, cryptonight, equihash most at start saying its memory heavy so no asic can mine it but now asics are here and with the recent 51% attacks actually looking at btc ltc dash these are the coins with asic but cant be attacked cause of very high net hash and there isnt enough power on nicehash to attack them, issue with decentralization i think isnt with asic, its people selling to nicehash that is the issue cause recent attacks already proved this

so you know i didnt buy the z9 mini which i am actually having second doubt why i didnt, change algo bitmain solves it again and they can decide not to sell so we all end up as losers, if its possible to include for example a limit a worker to a certain limit on hash and maybe even pools then maybe this solves the issue, max hash a worker can have on network 10k sols i dont know if this is even possible but running from asics is not sustainable anymore if bitmain sells a new asic i will probably have to buy 1 already, also an issue with centralization i think even if its gpu only we already have that issue, how does it feel since aug last year until now i dont see any vega cards here but see 1 guy post getting 500vega gpu last nov

We just need to change the PoW algorithm every 6 months. The ASIC company cannot make ASIC and profit in such short period.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: