Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Immersion Hacking?  (Read 620 times)
jballs (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:01:26 PM

I have been reading threads here for awhile and am positively astonished at what is happening. It's a little like stepping into a parallel universe, or maybe a strange acid trip. I have a pretty good grasp on the elements involved, the laws of physics still applying, but the details are more elusive. Feels like staring into the future.

I am a financial market wizard/geek, high IQ, hyper-analytical but never got around to the software side of things. What is the fastest way to get from familiarity with the /sarc tag to a useful member of this community? Is crash course coding an option or is it solely a 10k hours thing?

Where would you start if you stumbled into all of this today for the first time?

Thanks...

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:05:25 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 01:25:04 PM by superresistant

Time is an illusion. There is no past or future. It is only you observing the world. Without observer, nothing exist.

What are you taking jballs ? Seems good stuff.

EDIT : Start to read everything. If you spend time everyday you'll be an expert. Most people involved in Bitcoin don't care of how it work.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:13:47 PM

I believe with your background then is crash course in coding not the best way to spend your time - I suggest using your analytic mind to think out of the box, see those opportunities that "coding geeks" don't see.

Read everything about the fundamental of how bitcoin works on technical level, and learn the basic concepts well, look up words you have not heard of before, link them to the context - if it gets too technical then start a thread and as people to explain it in plain English - I am sure you will have a polite answer very fast.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
jballs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:22:10 PM

Time is an illusion. There is no past or future. It is only you observing the world. Without observer, nothing exist.

What are you taking jballs ? Seems good stuff.

You are correct, sir. So was Einstein..."time is an illusion, albeit a stubborn one."

I'm presently only taking caffeine and valerian, not to complain, I've had my better days too. Though I have been listening to a lot of Terence Mckenna so that is probably what you're picking up on and maybe what brought me here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PucjQXO2k0

At about the 1:42:00 mark he describes facebook to the letter (not bad given it was recorded in 1995 when Zuck was like 10, and he died in 2000). The more I look around the more I know he was on the right track. Bitcoin fits the bill for sure...  

jballs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:38:41 AM

I believe with your background then is crash course in coding not the best way to spend your time - I suggest using your analytic mind to think out of the box, see those opportunities that "coding geeks" don't see.

Read everything about the fundamental of how bitcoin works on technical level, and learn the basic concepts well, look up words you have not heard of before, link them to the context - if it gets too technical then start a thread and as people to explain it in plain English - I am sure you will have a polite answer very fast.

Thanks... I will shut up and keep reading for awhile.

I like the proxy space, as that is my existing expertise. What I see an immediate and obvious need for is an effective hedging instrument for downside risk especially. I see some binary option sites (created by forum members who I'd like to talk with soon) but they are on the wrong scale for safehaven purposes (but well suited for short term speculation). Uber bullish early adapters with a lot of BTC paper wealth at the moment would do well to introduce a put writing program to insure other holders. This is actually anti-hedging, but is extremely lucrative in a rising market, and would be fairly simple to implement.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:21:29 AM

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I am hungry now...
Pages: [1]
  Print