Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:16:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some ICO required KYC?  (Read 435 times)
Yunbalo

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:03:43 AM

because the government where they are forced. It is in my personal opinion, they were forced by a loan organization or their government. The founders of the ICO project always wanted to sell tokens to buyers in the simplest way.
cruso

Activity: 109
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:06:56 AM

I'd steer clear of icos requiring personal information. Are contributors customers?
LanzCoinPress1994

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:31:17 AM

KYC means that " Know Your Customer '. Fund raised happened during ICO. In Token Sale, they need to verify buyer's identity and residency. For that, they used KYC process.  Knowing residency of each buyer is essential due to national legal regulations. Knowing Identity restrict that opportunity to create multi-account and make sure that buyer is not a part of a sanctioned list, a criminal, a terrorist, or a corrupt organization.

But There is more risk because of we send our private data to an unknown organization to review our information. We can not be guaranteed that security of that data.Despite, KYC is an essential task to run long-term in Crypto Project.

Thanks.

◈ ZEROSTATE ◈
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN
2@abcdeeply

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:35:43 AM

They do so to confirm the user, but in my opinion this is not necessary and not important. Confirm that the user is not always holding them tokens forever, they will sell tokens to others and others sell to others.
Lyne01

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:45:42 AM

Because after ICO Tokens Can be buy anyone without submitting any KYC  Huh Huh
Totally confusing this process  Roll Eyes

Know Your Customer of KYC is really annoying for me. Aside from providing them with your private info, you also need to give your ID or any identification like passport and national Id in which be very vurnerable for fraud. Some ICOs requires KYC because they want to make sure that their investors are not from particular country in which they are not allowed to participate.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
lehamay

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:51:10 AM

This will let ICO more secure and legit.To increase security and reputation of a token, they require know-your-client kyc process to ensure that a person has no legal liabilities and also to avoid scams, because through kyc, they can easily track suspicious holders.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:57:29 AM

I really do not know why bounty hunters are asked to do KYC before they are paid their token by some bounty projects. A participant in ICO can be asked to do KYC because the project team what to know the source of fund being invested in their project but for bounty hunters i do not get it.
JovhanHermias

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

For the reason of avoiding dummies and also to verify each person if they are able to buy tokens or receive it, and other companies dont accept china and america for their project.
Mr Zeus

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:19:43 PM

May be because of Governments, however, you cannot ensure that they will sell your data, so It would be better not to share your identities with ICOs.
Isaremj3

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:25:09 PM

Kyc means knowing your customer and by doing this called kyc, they will the better idea of those people buying from them. Also, I believe that with kyc the government will later have the control of the cryptosystem and people into crypto in their country. Kyc is good but the team make it bad by slow with the process of doing it.
bitadviser

Activity: 203
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:26:19 PM

coz many alts i think, and each ICO needs more ppl to spread the word, what point if someone will make 100 avas and will share among them the info?
Akany

Activity: 240
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:43:19 PM

From what I have observed and understood about some ICO in need of KYC is that they want to erase or should I say limit the possibility of one having multiple accounts.
Olga1111

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:10:53 PM

The reason the ICO requires KYC is that when they register to run their coin, the Securities and exchange require them to comply with KYC and AML rules. So they ask people to comply, but after the ICO, when their coins are in exchange, the KYC is no longer needed.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:45:19 PM

Its a way of making sure they dont get the project involved in any form of money laundering or any form of illegal activities.that's why now adays too some exchanges ask for kyc too.Eventually that will become a norm.

Weeko

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:51:20 PM

I think for the further success of the project and its development it is required to know customers and investors. What are they? In general, the reasons can be different.
emath7

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:00:47 PM

Crypto money and Bitcoin were recognized by people very soon. Some crypto-moneys reached the amazing levels in a very short time and some people were rich. Also, when doing this, there is no control. You only deposit the money and you are waiting. A perfect opportunity for fraudsters has emerged.
   Fraudsters steal people's investments by promoting themselves as a project company. Some people have received too many support takers from projects using many fake accounts. These kinds of frauds have happened a lot.
   With the KYC system, it is planned to avoid such frauds. By using fake accounts, deception of project owners will be prevented. Thanks to the KYC system, every person can only apply once...
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:22:12 AM

Most of ICO project said it is required to prevent a hacker and illegal investor. While personally, I think it is a sign of weakness in their team if they worry about the hacker. A sign of incapable the team to check and verifying the system, so I will not put any single trust on a team like that.
evermak

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:50:26 AM

I am not doubting their intentions but some people might be collecting data and then selling in dark net. Even big companies like Facebook do this, so I will not be surprised with some new project also taking the same route.
misterj

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:53:23 AM

Tokens are made from different country such that some government in their places requires it so that their token is legalize. They need to comply to the law so that there will be no problem along the road. Also, knowing your customers really helps to filter out those who are a fraud.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:56:05 AM

Because after ICO Tokens Can be buy anyone without submitting any KYC  Huh Huh
Totally confusing this process  Roll Eyes
For me,  i think they need to get the kyc of the users is because they need to know personally the user and for formality of the transactions for this kind of business. Some ico need kyc and some are not but for me  the best thing to do is to have kyc for some instances they need it for transaction of the token to you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: