Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:18:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy bitcoin?  (Read 1259 times)
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:14:05 PM

0.1 isn't "such a small sum" at all - it's 100 mBTC. You dnitely shouldn't be put off by the fact you can't get a whole bitcoin; at this point, the vast majority of arrivers to the bitcoin scene have less than 1 BTC.

He stated he is looking to buy 0.01 not 0.1. Furthermore, restating the amount he wants to purchase in mB instead of BTC helps him no way.

Investing 10 dollars won't do much unless you intend to gamble with it. I personalturned $28.50 USD to $400 in a matter of days.
KieranJones1

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:30:13 PM

0.1 isn't "such a small sum" at all - it's 100 mBTC. You dnitely shouldn't be put off by the fact you can't get a whole bitcoin; at this point, the vast majority of arrivers to the bitcoin scene have less than 1 BTC.

He stated he is looking to buy 0.01 not 0.1. Furthermore, restating the amount he wants to purchase in mB instead of BTC helps him no way.

Investing 10 dollars won't do much unless you intend to gamble with it. I personalturned $28.50 USD to $400 in a matter of days.
As I acknowledged later in the thread. Read the whole thing before you criticise people.

Gambling? You sound like an excellent person to be giving investment advice  Roll Eyes
wilbergitty

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:37:01 PM

Amount being small or big is not important. How you are thinking about yourself which is the attitude. There are chances that you may not achieve what you think. For example, you may not achieve any big profit from 0.1. However, as experience adds, you will get big profits after sometime.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:41:11 PM

Buying 0.01 BTC is best at localbitcoins, not worth sending SEPA bank transfers (or international) to exchanges because of higher bank fees
pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:55:55 PM

Coinbase.com is what I use

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
zhangmutou

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:08:47 PM

does coinbase has ppc, xpm, and ftc?
AbcAbcwebd

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:24:15 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 08:41:55 PM by AbcAbcwebd

does coinbase has ppc, xpm, and ftc?

No, I'm pretty sure they're just a BTC wallet. You can send funds from there to BTC e or Mt. Gox to trade for alt coins, though.

Does anyone know what the process is like for putting USD into localbitcoin escrow? Like, is a lot of banking information required? Does verification take a long time? Is it better just to trade in person with cash?

I read about it on their website, but it was kind of vague....   
vondi1122

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:18:02 PM

Also got my first coin on localbitcoins.com it worked out pretty well for me. But still be careful.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████