Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TGE] Orvium - Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain  (Read 37534 times)
Mixon_Orlando

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:47:36 PM

Every relevant action in the publishing process such as paper submission and peer reviews will be registered in the blockchain and accessible to anyone, making #science more transparent, universal and open than ever before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gorogoronomi

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:53:50 AM

Every relevant action in the publishing process such as paper submission and peer reviews will be registered in the blockchain and accessible to anyone, making #science more transparent, universal and open than ever before.

That's right, The different phases of a manuscripts’ and journals’ life cycles (such as manuscript submission, peer review process, payments for copyright licenses, research data sharing, journal management, etc.) generates exchanges of ORV between institutions, authors, peer reviewers, journal owners, readers and any other social actor involved. This decentralization unlocks the full potential of a new, fair, transparent, and competitive market controlled by the community, free of biased oligopolies and hidden interests.
Joshuella24

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:48:50 AM

We have some great news to share with you guys.
Orvium will be at CryptoBlockCon Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Conference in London 24-25th Sept. 😊

Read more about it here: https://twitter.com/orvium/status/1037289344514646016
geronimo77

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:30:26 PM

Do you think that, in time, Springer or Elsevier will acquire startups like Orvium?
Just read that the EU will authorize scientific publications to be published in free journals. This will take out the expensive publishers. How does it affect Orvium?
ribenapurpz

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

Do you think that, in time, Springer or Elsevier will acquire startups like Orvium?
Just read that the EU will authorize scientific publications to be published in free journals. This will take out the expensive publishers. How does it affect Orvium?

Rober stated on the team's telegram that:
Orvium is perfectly aligned with EU on its Open Access mandate as one of our features is that we don't enforce any rule on terms of license or IP. It's alwasy up to the researcher to decide what to do.

In fact Orvium are part of the initiative as you can see in their website https://oa2020.org/mission/
Campuzano_Leandro

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:02:43 PM

I really like your idea, but I think you have to do lot of work, getting permissions from regulatory authority would not be easy.How is that part going so far,any issues or everything is going smooth?
ribenapurpz

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:54:18 PM

I really like your idea, but I think you have to do lot of work, getting permissions from regulatory authority would not be easy.How is that part going so far,any issues or everything is going smooth?
The team are going above and beyond in every aspect on this front, they have even had talks with the European Parliament to explain the benefits.

https://twitter.com/orvium/status/1005046811416055809
gorogoronomi

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:59:51 AM

Check out this detailed review article of Orvium's ecosystem by cryptoguru1. What makes this article interesting is that the author had spend a better time of his college life in writing and reviewing research papers, so he understands firsthand the problems Orvium is trying to solve.

Also, did you know that the scientific publishing industry is one of the most profitable in the world? With profits far exceeding even the likes of Google, Amazon and Apple.

Read the full article here: https://steemit.com/science/@cryptoguru1/a-detailed-look-into-the-orvium-ecosystem
Jonkumis

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:18:49 AM

Check out this detailed review article of Orvium's ecosystem by cryptoguru1. What makes this article interesting is that the author had spend a better time of his college life in writing and reviewing research papers, so he understands firsthand the problems Orvium is trying to solve.

Also, did you know that the scientific publishing industry is one of the most profitable in the world? With profits far exceeding even the likes of Google, Amazon and Apple.

Read the full article here: https://steemit.com/science/@cryptoguru1/a-detailed-look-into-the-orvium-ecosystem
I hope that with the input for this project there will be more corrected for this project so that the project is more perfect and easier to attract investors. Hopefully the project can run smoothly and achieve maximum results.
Joshuella24

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:35:00 AM

I hope that with the input for this project there will be more corrected for this project so that the project is more perfect and easier to attract investors. Hopefully the project can run smoothly and achieve maximum results.
Orvium's has a very very strong team, that will make sure things run smoothly and maximum results are achived.
We are glad to have you here with us and thank you for your support.
Don't forget we also have a Telegram group https://t.me/orvium if you wish to support us even more  Smiley
GreenSkyTrails

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:58:34 AM

If you guys didn't know, there's no competition yet in the blockchain industry aiming to create such a comprehensive solution and framework to the problems faced in the science publication field.

Here's some of the economic token features of the decentralized journals that Orvium is uniquely offering through its platform:

Decentralised Journals
Management of Decentralized Journals

1. Researchers
Acting as an author:
    Send ORV for getting peer reviews.
    Send ORV in exchange of market data
    Send ORV to acquire research data rights
    Receive ORV from journals/readers (Orvium gets a percentage fee from
    these transactions
    Receive ORV when solving challenges (patronage campaigns
    Receive ORV for research data access (if not free).
    Acting as a reviewer
    Receive ORV when doing peer reviews.

2. Journal owner
    Send ORV to authors for using their papers.
    Send ORV to Orvium for the platform usage.
    Send ORV in exchange of market data.
    Receive ORV from readers (Orvium gets a percentage fee from these transactions).

3. Any individual or institution
    Send ORV for encouraging new validations/reviews of existing papers.
    Send ORV for creating and contributing to patronage campaigns.
    Send ORV in exchange of market data.
imma24

Activity: 199
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:26:40 AM

Orvium enables institutions and academics to create their own organizations using “Decentralized Autonomous Journals” (Orvium DAJs) which will help them set transparently the rules and foundations shaped as smart contracts in the blockchain to help them define voting rules, journal’s next issues or any other governance directive for their community to grow and develop in a cost-effective way.
MarvinSa

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:14:44 AM

Hey,
It iseasy, if the "Dev" has a green trust so this is 1000000% legit ICO, right? So we going to the moon.
Filled my bags.. hope they have a ledger support soon, coz I sold all my 3 precious bitcoins on a dip for this ICO.
Joshuella24

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:53:25 PM

Hey,
It iseasy, if the "Dev" has a green trust so this is 1000000% legit ICO, right? So we going to the moon.
Filled my bags.. hope they have a ledger support soon, coz I sold all my 3 precious bitcoins on a dip for this ICO.

Hey, of course it is a legit ICO, to the moon no other way  Smiley
Please follow us on Telegram if you have any doubts, there are moderators 24/7 at your service  Smiley
Telegram https://t.me/orvium
Greg Choiplac

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:58:51 PM

Greetings,
the team of this business is very experienced I think, because there are some advisors from famous technology companies, such as dell, google ... this concept is interesting mix between paypal and cryptocurency ..
GreenSkyTrails

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:22:56 AM

Greetings,
the team of this business is very experienced I think, because there are some advisors from famous technology companies, such as dell, google ... this concept is interesting mix between paypal and cryptocurency ..

Yes, most of the team members are from prestigious scientific organizations such as CERN and NASA. Smiley They have a very strong grasp of what needs to be done to fix the current state of the science publishing industry!
CEOKEY

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:31:39 AM

Orvium is a project aimed at solving the problem that society is concerned with is the transparency of the life cycle of publications. Will scientists subscribe to their publications on the Orvium platform? How is the fee calculated?
gorogoronomi

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:58:22 AM

Orvium is a project aimed at solving the problem that society is concerned with is the transparency of the life cycle of publications. Will scientists subscribe to their publications on the Orvium platform? How is the fee calculated?

Good question, Fees are paid in ORV tokens, the specifics on fees will be shared once the MVP that's currently in works is finished. Will definitely keep you all updated. Be sure to join the Telegram Announcement channel: https://t.me/orvium_announcements  Grin
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:04:38 AM

Good question, Fees are paid in ORV tokens, the specifics on fees will be shared once the MVP that's currently in works is finished. Will definitely keep you all updated. Be sure to join the Telegram Announcement channel: https://t.me/orvium_announcements  Grin

Once the MVP is ready I think that many people will finally have the chance to get a proper impression of what is being built here.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Lensherr

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:22:03 AM

Once the MVP is ready I think that many people will finally have the chance to get a proper impression of what is being built here.

Indeed, i agree with your sentiments. Give the team some time to properly work on the MVP and when it's ready, i bet people will be astonished by it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: