Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO scam!  (Read 190 times)
alexvombat6 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:34:56 PM

Hello to everyone!

On 19 February I registered an account on the website of the cryptocurrency stock exchange CEX.io ( ID# up118741364). On 21 February I bankwired US$5000,9  to my CEX.io-account  and since then the operation is still “pending” (for 74 days already!!!).  The support service answered to all my letters (ticket 709424) with common phrases «We will do our best to find the solution», «We kindly ask you to understand that it may take some time», but they didn't provide any proofs that they did anything regarding to my problem. As I see now a lot of people have the same issues with CEX (, so I suppose the company just stole my money.
I filed a complaint with the police of London (National Crime Reference Number: NFRC180502324555) and I'll file a suit against them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:18:50 PM

I can't argue with you since there are so many complaints against their services but you can try to message this guy from CEX's team https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148073
He's not been tagged with negative trust from DT users yet so it means that they still operate their service tho it's just annoying, waiting for months without descent reply from them. So just wait until they respond but filling a complaint with the authority will be a huge help.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

Hello to everyone!

On 19 February I registered an account on the website of the cryptocurrency stock exchange CEX.io ( ID# up118741364). On 21 February I bankwired US$5000,9  to my CEX.io-account  and since then the operation is still “pending” (for 74 days already!!!).  The support service answered to all my letters (ticket 709424) with common phrases «We will do our best to find the solution», «We kindly ask you to understand that it may take some time», but they didn't provide any proofs that they did anything regarding to my problem. As I see now a lot of people have the same issues with CEX (, so I suppose the company just stole my money.
I filed a complaint with the police of London (National Crime Reference Number: NFRC180502324555) and I'll file a suit against them.

Dear Alexvombat6,

I do totally understand how stressful and tiresome this situation is for you. But I can tell for sure that our Finance team is working on your case and we do remember about you and your issue has a high priority.

I would like to emphasize that CEX.IO doesn’t use its own bank accounts. Instead, we are using the services of licensed financial institutions, which have their own internal procedures. And such issues happen from their side but we do our best to cooperate with them in order to solve it. Therefore, it is taking that long. But be sure we won't give up on your case, until you receive your funds.

Please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
alexvombat6 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:22:10 AM

here we are again! they are just apologizing again for taking my money! A “sorry” for 5000 US$ - isn't it a really “overpriced service”?  I provided a swift-receipt from my bank, proving the fact, that the transfer was made on their account. But CEX.IO answered that they didn't get any money and just closed my ticket like the problem is solved!
lordgunshaw

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

here we are again! they are just apologizing again for taking my money! A “sorry” for 5000 US$ - isn't it a really “overpriced service”?  I provided a swift-receipt from my bank, proving the fact, that the transfer was made on their account. But CEX.IO answered that they didn't get any money and just closed my ticket like the problem is solved!
This is a travesty, makes me worry now.
alexvombat6 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:50:01 PM

Could you imagine how worry I am!
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:39:46 AM

Well, I really don't see a reason why it's delayed if you have a receipt for the transfer.

Hello to everyone!

On 19 February I registered an account on the website of the cryptocurrency stock exchange CEX.io ( ID# up118741364). On 21 February I bankwired US$5000,9  to my CEX.io-account  and since then the operation is still “pending” (for 74 days already!!!).  The support service answered to all my letters (ticket 709424) with common phrases «We will do our best to find the solution», «We kindly ask you to understand that it may take some time», but they didn't provide any proofs that they did anything regarding to my problem. As I see now a lot of people have the same issues with CEX (, so I suppose the company just stole my money.

Dear Alexvombat6,

I do totally understand how stressful and tiresome this situation is for you. But I can tell for sure that our Finance team is working on your case and we do remember about you and your issue has a high priority.

I would like to emphasize that CEX.IO doesn’t use its own bank accounts. Instead, we are using the services of licensed financial institutions, which have their own internal procedures. And such issues happen from their side but we do our best to cooperate with them in order to solve it. Therefore, it is taking that long. But be sure we won't give up on your case, until you receive your funds.

Please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

You guys have really been having issues with pretty much all fiat transactions, whether deposits or withdrawals, since the end of last year. I understand that you guys may be using a third party to receive and send these transactions, but when these problems are so persistent, you guys hold responsibility for it as well.

After all, users deal with you and expect you to deliver on a timely basis. They don't deal with the third party, or even know what that financial institution is.

Find a new payment processor, or even disable fiat deposits/withdrawals altogether, if necessary. At least that way no one is disappointed further about your service.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 12:07:41 PM

We are sorry that about delay with your deposit, but please understand that we are doing our best to help you.

We kindly ask you to refer to a conversation between you and our Financial department. We have informed you about the status of your case and about actions that you may take, to speed up the process. We can assure you that we will provide you with an update as soon as it's available.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:45:34 AM

Hello to everyone!

Dear Alexvombat6,

We are glad to inform you that you deposit has been successfully credited to your account.

Please accept our apologies for such a delay in resolving the issue and for all the inconveniences caused.

Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: