Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important message for traders!  (Read 132 times)
supporterb (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:20:39 PM

Hello guys! today I want to discuss something about "Pump and Dump" groups.
Its very important lessons for a traders specially for new traders. You should be careful about this type of scammer.

Buy low, sell high; do not follow the green candles, let’s pump until 87,000 Satoshis and dump it at ATH (All Time High). These are just a few notable phrases of the chat groups where hundreds and thousands of cryptocurrency traders gather all together to increase the value of an altcoin.

These types of groups, normally referred to as ‘pump and dump‘ groups, are bringing market manipulation to a whole new level. Nefarious crypto traders use secure messaging platforms like Telegram to orchestrate coin manipulation to make a quick buck — at the cost of less experienced traders. If you’re getting into cryptocurrencies, or just curious about the field, you’ll need to know how pump and dumps work. Otherwise you might up being taken advantage of, like I was.

When I got dumped by a ‘pump and dump’

Here
I started trading in cryptocurrency a while back, being a tech savy person I was quite enthusiastic about the technology. I was entirely unaware of these scams at that point, but I was definitely part of some Telegram and Whatsapp groups where people were on daily basis selecting low-priced coins to turn it into a gem for others to hop on. Since newbies always follow the green candles, it’s easy for more experienced traders to use them for their own gains.

But I didn’t notice this pattern until a certain coin — which I was quite excited about — was about to be launched on one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. The coin looked promising and the exchange even tweeted about it. Everything looked great, but then something happened that I’d never experienced before. Right after the tweet, I started observing how the coin started to inflate in value on other exchanges. But what surprised me the most was that the trading didn’t start on the exchange where it was actually about to be launched.

I waited and waited until trading opened, I was hustling to find the right price to jump in. The price was flickering in front of my eyes from $20 to $18 then from $16 to $19, I unluckily grabbed the coin at $18, hoping it would turn into a gem. But I was sorely mistaken because it suddenly dropped to $9, thankfully I lost my patience at the right time and only lost half of my invested coin. Rest remains history and that coin closed at $2 the same day.

What I figured out later was that I had become a victim of a pump and dump scheme. Unfortunately this is happening far too often in the crypto world and mostly happens with small market cap and circulation coins. It’s really hard to actually stay completely safe and not become a victim of these schemes. The only possible defense is understanding how pump and dumps happen and what kind of people are behind it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:27:14 PM

Nothing new here.

Too much many low liquidity tokens and coins are listed on shitty Exchanges to play with.
supporterb (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

Nothing new here.

Too much many low liquidity tokens and coins are listed on shitty Exchanges to play with.
Yeah sir specially so many big telegram and discord group doing this type of pump and dump scamm. They choosing maximum shitcoin for this.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:53:58 PM

Pump and dump is a common sight in crypto. Hence, it is important to do research before investing. Take it as a lesson learnt and move on.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:24:13 PM

Pump and dump is a common sight in crypto. Hence, it is important to do research before investing. Take it as a lesson learnt and move on.

What do you expect research on altcoins to yield? People don't really care and actually chase after pumps and dumps hoping to catch a pump at some point.

Don't you ask yourself why some of these so called pump groups are so massive? People absolutely love it. Shitcoins are the only way for them to dream about 10-100x returns while the more established coins won't even move a tiny bit with how they follow Bitcoin.

It's all part of the freedom people enjoy here. If they want to play Russian roulette with their funds, let them do it. They will only learn they are following the wrong path when they actually burn themselves and lose money. Mistakes in form of losses are the only way people get their sense back.
Dilerium90

Activity: 756
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:22:24 PM

This is a story that repeats with every (almost every) newcomer who falls into the world of speculation and trading. In my opinion it is better to burn yourself on a small amount to gain experience.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:51:00 AM

Don't rely on other people for your portfolio to grow. Trust your instinct and have a good strategy on how trade based on your experienced in trading. Practice makes perfect as they say so you have to try and don't be afraid to jump in the pool. This pump and dump group will always be here as they bring spice to cryptosphere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: