Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6183 times)
vertinfos

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:01:27 PM

Yes, I do not choose a very long time to store tokens , for me it is a bad strategy and now it will not work on the bear market, we will still fall and keep is not profitable now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biggainz836

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:04:04 PM

Hodling garbage coins that have zero utility now and in the future will get you nowhere.

Look to projects like BAT, MFCHAIN, HOOCH APP (tapcoin), and others where they are actually developing or have products that are working and that offer the market something mainstreet technology doesn't
Mikell556

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:10:13 PM

I think if we have more funds in our wallets it would not hurt us to buy a coin and hold it until the price goes up very high, because holding a coin can be profitable for long-term investment, but if we only have and a little, I suggest trading the term short, because if you make a long-term investment with limited funds it will not take you anywhere. But everything depends on the beliefs you have.

Holding coins for a long time is good when you have a lot of money, including money for life.
And when you invested all your money, wanting to earn in a short time on the price increase, then at the slightest price drop, you will have to sell everything.
ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:18:20 PM

In my opinion, i'm involved in the crypto market and investing in Bitcoin as well as the Altcoins. I have to have rational strategies at times. Keeping the Altcoins will help me in the right direction avoiding losing our assets and trust. I keep them for the moment is reasonable.

memFISTO

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:59:18 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

Moon someday is very correct description. People are cheering for things that they do not undestand, so there is no point in listenting to them.
masterfu678

Activity: 280

www.becent.com

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:32:33 PM

I still cannot believe that hodlers exist. Even after six month of stagnation, they keep telling that hodling is the only option. They seem mad to me.

Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:47:42 PM

You are saying the truth in the aspect of everyone can't hold and expect tge coin to moon definitely No, but there is need for daily trade and through which the buyer and seller with in no time increasing the bid or make it come down till it regulate to moon one day.
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:10:10 PM

This is NOT entirely true. Truth is, you must chose the coins or tokens you decide to hold carefully and you must also stay your objectives right. If your intentions are to feed off crumbs then you can always do short term trades but if you want to feed fat then you must learn patience and holding rightly. You can only hit the big bucks in this atmosphere by holding and waiting for the right moment. You should always consider holding as a long term project  and wait for your moment of glory.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:24:59 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

I agree with your point. Because crypto prices only increase when the market is active and people invest in them. That is why the price of bitcoin and altcoins will increase in 2017. So what we need to do now is to be more active. That does not mean you have to buy a lot of crypto but take the time to research and make the right investment.

dodocum

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 04:36:48 PM

This is NOT entirely true. Truth is, you must chose the coins or tokens you decide to hold carefully and you must also stay your objectives right. If your intentions are to feed off crumbs then you can always do short term trades but if you want to feed fat then you must learn patience and holding rightly. You can only hit the big bucks in this atmosphere by holding and waiting for the right moment. You should always consider holding as a long term project  and wait for your moment of glory.

I agree with what you write. especially those who hodl up to the beginning of 2018 have achieved a very good gain. It should not be forgotten that the current market conditions make people weary.
michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:55:32 PM

It all depends on how long you think to keep your coins. Long-term investments are profitable, but not as much as trading. It all depends on you and at what point you buy and sell coins.
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:58:24 PM

This is quite true. That's why whenever I have a coin that I know the value will not rise, I sell it immediately even if it so low value. I know for a fact that if people hold it, nothing will happen since the price will be static.

ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:22:08 PM

Like any other asset, prices only rise if there is more demand than supply. I am a long-term investor and I try to choose my altcoins carefully according to a careful search whether by reading their whitepapers, analyzing the teams behind the projects and even consulting the internet.
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:55:51 PM

HODLing shitcoins will get you nowhere. But!, if you HODL some promising projects by looking at the token metrics, the team, the project and thinking about it's future, then you might actually earn so much profit that you would not even imagine. It's all about doing your research right, and also a bit of luck of course. Imagine if you HODL'ed ETH till 1400 USD ? or HODL'ed BTC till 20k.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:26:35 PM

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January

Well, holding is a common phenomenon in the crypto space, but that does not mean it doesn't work. It has worked for me and it is still working. There were times i even blamed myself for not holding. Just know what to hold.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:27:50 PM

Well, holding is a common phenomenon in the crypto space, but that does not mean it doesn't work. It has worked for me ad it is still working. There were ti esi even blamed myself for not holding. Just know what to hold.
It works for anyone that is making the hype of the coin go up. If there is a purchase then the coin should gain value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:43:43 PM

Some people believed that, so they chose to leave Crypto. But for some people with quite a lot of experience in crypto, they and I will choose to stay here and continue to wait for the crypto to recover. We believe that this situation will not be forever like this, and will soon improve with increasing crypto market prices.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:04:37 AM

HODLing shitcoins will get you nowhere. But!, if you HODL some promising projects by looking at the token metrics, the team, the project and thinking about it's future, then you might actually earn so much profit that you would not even imagine. It's all about doing your research right, and also a bit of luck of course. Imagine if you HODL'ed ETH till 1400 USD ? or HODL'ed BTC till 20k.
right, to get very much profit in the future. we have to find a good coin to hold in the future. i agree to hold ethereum or bitcoin for long-term investment, because the two coins are coins that have great potential to give us profits.

so i think being a holder isn't so bad if we do it right.

apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:12:38 AM

Never hold you ico asset when you get have listed at exchange market, although you can take profit for selling as soon you have sell it, never hold for long term because your ico asset will be lower price and drop after many advicer of ico sell their asset.
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 01:16:06 AM

Actually, the reverse holds, "holding will get you somewhere". Crypto does not have an all bull market or an all bear market. These seasons both happen and once there is a bear market season, the best thing for investors to do is to buy more valuable coins at cheap prices and hold patiently till the next bull market in order to make good profits after selling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: