Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:18:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6182 times)
Endank

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:57:16 PM

On some coins it seems so, because no one is interested to buy it. But holding the coin is one way to limit supply to the market. And if you understand the law of consensus then it all makes sense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:59:14 AM

You really have a point and the word HODL only is applicable when you buy those altcoins to its highest price then gets dump. HODL is the most painful word in trading and seeing your investment loosing its value because of that word will make you slap your face. I learned that to maximize your investment, trading is the answer and HODL only applies after you set those goals when to stop loss, sell or even buying those back at its lowest.
Achilesban

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:04:06 AM

It will depend on the coin itself I think. Every coin has different value and rate after the ICO ends. Some are good to hold and some are good to sell immediately. It will really depend on the coin if it is valuable or not for long holding. However, I try to hold my coin at that time because the rate is very small and I hope someday it will be higher.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:05:39 AM

All coin that came from ico mate will experience the dump after it will reach to some exchanges because many of them will sell their token such us bounty hunter that will get the profit but one thing is good when they were finish selling, after a month that coin will slowly gaining higher price. Holding is not all that we can get nowhere because as my experience, as long a that coin has a good team, it will surely increase its price, just a matter of time to wait.
silver23

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:07:59 AM

I think that is not true Huh

I hold all my asset for now.
And look the market, i know sometimes is going down.
But is true slowly grow up at price.
I think hold up is right for now.
And this end of the year look the price and you will know how hold is great fot takes a profit.
KoolBoyAbhi

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:11:50 AM

I am new in crypto and I also would like to share my experince with you guys. I came to know about crypto in November 2017 and i have started trading on Binance in December just buy low sell high repeatedly but i dint make enough money coin name was POE but my friend hodl to the coin and he makes 5 times of amount he has invested. So Hodling can sometimes give u huge profit.
Crypto Chips

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

Cryptocurrency is Dilema

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 06:16:45 AM

hodling is better bro but depend what coin that you hodling it. if you hodling sh*tcoin yeah you may lose your money because that coin will not going anywhere but if you hodling good potential coin so why sell it imidietly ?
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:18:31 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

people investing in ICOs are investors. These people need to do the needful to help and support the project. You're right, if you see the behavior in the telegram groups, the people are just out of their mind. It's normal that price decrease after the ICO. If you want to support the project, then the ICO makes sense. Without successful ICO there won't be a post ICO trading..

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 06:25:20 AM

HODLing is the best choice to make, in order to be successful in this world of cryptocurrency you need to hold. I got what you mean not to cut the chain but whether you HODL or not there will be someone who does not want to HOLD and just dumping around. So, you need to hold if you find that token has a lot of potential and if it is enough to carry it's load in this crypto universe. Because some tokens are not worth holding on like some shitcoins who is just for GAS purposes.

Mateo123

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:32:02 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

In my own opinion holding is the greatest way in earning more profit especially when your coins are worth it to hold,coins have different value , just be professional when you hold be sure youre holding" promising coins."
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:35:17 AM

You won't get anything from holding if you keep on investing and holding shit coins. Invest in coins like XRP, Waves, and Stratis. What I am saying right now can be proven by the graphs and things like coin market cap. You also need to do research in order to have high profit in the future with the use of holding strategy.

xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:32:18 AM

How can HODLing make you go nowhere when it is the best thing that we can do here. You will never lose as long as you knew how to wait and never sell your coins especially when the market is in dip or dump..

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
4ernuy

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:39:29 AM

Each has its own strategy for earning money on the cryptocurrency market, it is important to be sure of what you are doing.I prefer to buy in a long.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
profit-shooter

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:43:46 AM

I would disagree with you, buddy, because I consider holding as one of the best ways to gain profits in the long-term. All of the crypto traders know that the price fluctuations is a subject to wave’s theory and with the coins is promising - it means that eventually it will reach all times highs and overtake it. So if worry about your funds - the one thing you can do - is holding!
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:49:09 AM

And I would tell you that it depends on a coin that you are holding..
I am a bounty hunter so every altcoins that I am holding since last year were all earned through participating signature and other types of bounty campaigns but I choose to hold them no matter how the pumping and dumping is going on along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering.
What I know that is my crypto assets were increasing in price value and it's because I am holding.
When you dump your coins too soon, you'll never have  the chance to earn more and higher.
Lets understand OPs position since i can feel that he was only bitter for not having any coin in his position,thats why he was bullying holders to sell their token and be like him that has nothing .

Sorry OP we will hold whatever you say,this will be our goal to wait our profit when the right time comes,and you dont have any rights to tell us what to do,after all this is our coins
lulutika

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

if there is a demand but the supply is low or many are holding their coins then it is possible that the price will go up unless the coin they are holding have no demand. it depends on the ICOs you choose if it will be successful.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:57:27 AM

I will HODL a coin as long as I see the team behind the coin making progress executing their business plan. I will re-evaluate my portfolio at regular intervals and see if I still feel the same way about the coins that I am HODLing. If my view changes or they become what I feel is fully valued then i will sell them.

goelzz

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:02:48 PM

I do not agree with you. I think the coin HODL affects the market price. it is true that the market price of demand and sales but if we HODL the coins we have and the demand continues to increase, then automatically the market price will skyrocket

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
sunsilk

Activity: 2870
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:08:34 PM

Each has its own strategy for earning money on the cryptocurrency market, it is important to be sure of what you are doing.I prefer to buy in a long.
We do have our likeness on how we are going to deal with cryptocurrencies. Legends and experienced people would tell you to buy and hold during the crashes.

But it's for you to decide if you'll follow those tips and suggestions that you are hearing.

It's not bad to follow some tips that you think will give you benefit but don't always depend on others suggestion, you should have your own way of dealing with the dips and rises.

freya louis

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:26:08 PM

We just have to hold the coins we think will go to the moon. No need to hold it all. just hold that according to prediction will be sold and the price will increase in a few weeks. Do not expect too much on coins that are not yet clear. We should not be too relaxed and just sit waiting that everything is like magic. Could suddenly.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: