Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6183 times)
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:51:39 PM

I think that HODL is the right tactic for someone who has chosen a coin of good prospective project . Even if someone thinks that this is not the case, but my opinion remains the same - the one who has long-term investments will be a winner compared to those who love daily trading.
I disagree with you, because for me there are certain times and moments in long-term investing. and the moment is not the right moment to implement a long-term investment. If you keep quiet you will run out, trading daily is right for us to apply today. until the market stabilizes again. Remember the whale is playing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:05:59 PM

For me you are very wrong, because it has been proven over and over again that HODL works, those people that held on to their BTC and Ethereum do not wake up everyday and check CMC at every given time, provided you are holding a solid project it would worth it long term

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ka4ok1331

Activity: 546

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 06:07:54 PM

Well I don't know. I am holding just because I didn't pay attention at the right moment. If I sell now I will reget a lot

riptv

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:08:48 PM

yes   you   are    definitely   right   holding  is  only making  us   to   lose   money  and  also  to  loose  our precious  time  and  nothing  else it  is  not  bringing  any  profit or anything.
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:10:50 PM

This is quite funny but unfortunately, it is partly true, but because many turn out to be scam, there are still many more that gives people profit by holding, one prominent one is Digitex tokens, for months after the ICO, the price was below ICO price but a few weeks ago, we started seeing rapid growth in price that catapulted it to +1500% above ICO prices anything is possible in this space.

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:26:51 PM

This is a lie, the most money that I have made from the market has been from holding coins for a long time, when I tried to trade there was no money coming in, infact I was actually making losses and losing sleep over it but with hodling all I had to worry about was make sure that I had a secure wallet and wait for the bull and I made so much money from it

BravO_o

Activity: 532
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:39:43 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

Well, 99% of all coins that have just finished the ICO and entered the exchange fall at least twice. I practically do not invest in ICO, and I buy coins already on the exchange
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:50:50 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

Well, 99% of all coins that have just finished the ICO and entered the exchange fall at least twice. I practically do not invest in ICO, and I buy coins already on the exchange
I completely agree with your strategy, because it gives you the opportunity to not only have a day off to invest, but also to avoid fraud. Today, most of the market of ico companies is filled with fraudsters and buying coins on the stock exchange, we protect ourselves.
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:00:14 PM

It depends on what the coin you are hodling and what is your aim, what you expect to get form your coin. Of course it depends as well of the team of the exact coin and of how the project is developing and how the coin was listed and is trading now - lots of factors, but to tell that to hodl is not good  - I can not agree with this, as well as I can not agree when people say that yo should trade only...
prihojantsev

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:23:06 PM

This is a lie, the most money that I have made from the market has been from holding coins for a long time, when I tried to trade there was no money coming in, infact I was actually making losses and losing sleep over it but with hodling all I had to worry about was make sure that I had a secure wallet and wait for the bull and I made so much money from it
Few of us believe that the crypto will return to the bull market but, despite this, continue to HODL. I think this strategy could work in the distant future when the crypto will not be that fraudulent and attention-grabbing.
omedian

Activity: 265

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:31:16 PM

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!
Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.
Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
Sometimes HODL is not the best option, but what should bounty hunters do when after listing the token price decreases in almost 6-8 times compared to the Token Sale price??? If they will sell low, someone buy their tokens and sell high when the price go up again and those who sold low will have FOMO after all this... Think twice before taking any actions.

Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 06:38:20 PM

This thread is kinda hilarious, to be honest many tokens are not worth holding but if you look closely, you will see many of tokens are worth holding, even in the bear market, some dormant tokens would just wake up and start mooning like nobody's business.

Laxus215

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

I agree with your points raised by you, before holding one must know at list the future of the coin like upcoming news or trends or as per road-map test-net, main-net, node integration, partnerships etc. Without knowing basic things & holding coins can leave your investment locked for longer time or forever as HODL is not a good option if the coin doesn't have potential or is new in the market.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:56:08 PM

Tell that to those that invested in bytecoin and dogecoin years back ,these two coins were called shitcoins  too because its simply too cheap ,back to 2017/2018 see what is happening now? Every coins has its days ,holding coins will get you bigger profits.
In fact, each cryptocurrency has its own period of development, prosperity, stabilization, and sometimes extinction. Therefore, you need to keep the cryptocurrency until the period of its price stabilization, then such a hold will no longer bring high profits. Therefore, in order to get a good profit, it is necessary to switch in time to hold another, younger and promising coin or token.

coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:51:42 PM

Holding is the most easiest and common strategy but it can be also a dangerous one if you are holding useless coins.
Not each coin recover from dip and many people forget that when holding long term.
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:57:49 PM

All of them depend on what coins you hold. If the coin that you hold is above 100, you won't get anything. but if you hold a coin with a good rating, I think you will have a great opportunity to get good results. It can even be much better than what you expect because there are many surprises that you cannot expect.
MD Nur Hossain
Copper Member

Activity: 166

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:22:48 PM

We've often assumed throughout possessing this also process really works to me as an alternative to having to worry every day along with thinking in case marketplace raises right now. Possessing truly given which you greater prospects for increasing earnings along with in some manner provides time for it to change on the tactic. However this specific performs to me, it may well certainly not help people. Even so, my spouse and I don’t discover everything drastically wrong throughout holding, it is really more secure when compared with exchanging.
detymalse

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:24:28 PM

All of them depend on what coins you hold. If the coin that you hold is above 100, you won't get anything. but if you hold a coin with a good rating, I think you will have a great opportunity to get good results. It can even be much better than what you expect because there are many surprises that you cannot expect.
The coin sis what factors the money that you will make also the people that are in it counts as well. Ethereum is nice for this kind of  thing.

Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:39:50 PM

In a bear market holding is very bad. Just imagine one held eth from January till today, that's much of loss. The thing is take profit when you see it and move on not to cling to any coin.
badman999

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:46:18 PM

It can be understood, holding is avoiding the sale when the price is not good or not in the target, but the badness as stated above will not carry anywhere, obviously because it only survives on our coins or tokens to wait at the peak of sales. Surprisingly, we buy other coins with the potential for short-term benefits.

icovo   

████ The World’s First ICO Platform Implementing DAICO  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: