Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Banknotes  (Read 15212 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

wouldn't the hardware wallet open up potential avenues for fraud where the fraudulent 'card' or hardware wallet looks legitimate at face-value, and people only realize that they've been defrauded when they go and try to initialize the wallet and it does not work?

The balance can be verified using an NFC enabled smartphone. That's why you don't need trust, you can verify the card you have been given is funded.

The smartphone app verifies the card is real and funded.

This is what happens when you don't read the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3535973.msg36355447#msg36355447

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moonbrand

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:53:42 AM

wouldn't the hardware wallet open up potential avenues for fraud where the fraudulent 'card' or hardware wallet looks legitimate at face-value, and people only realize that they've been defrauded when they go and try to initialize the wallet and it does not work?

The balance can be verified using an NFC enabled smartphone. That's why you don't need trust, you can verify the card you have been given is funded.

The smartphone app verifies the card is real and funded.

This is what happens when you don't read the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3535973.msg36355447#msg36355447

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, because there's surely a way for people to get scammed. It's been happening for as long has humans have been around. For example, if someone sells one of these wallets online and 3 people reply and say they want to buy it, the seller can say, "I need the payment before couriering it to you." The seller can then collect multiple payments for the same wallet, and send fake ones to the buyers. If that happens, the only way for the buyer to know if he/she was scammed would be to check the package when it arrives, but by that time it would be too late as he/she has already paid money to the scammer. I'm not saying that this WILL happen, I'm just asking, wouldn't the potential for it to happen open up in this case?
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 07:59:43 AM

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, because there's surely a way for people to get scammed. It's been happening for as long has humans have been around. For example, if someone sells one of these wallets online and 3 people reply and say they want to buy it, the seller can say, "I need the payment before couriering it to you." The seller can then collect multiple payments for the same wallet, and send fake ones to the buyers. If that happens, the only way for the buyer to know if he/she was scammed would be to check the package when it arrives, but by that time it would be too late as he/she has already paid money to the scammer. I'm not saying that this WILL happen, I'm just asking, wouldn't the potential for it to happen open up in this case?

That's where the analogy with banknotes actually does work. You wouldn't send payment to someone in exchange for a promise of cash in the post. You would have to do it face to face to make sure the banknotes are real. The same goes for these, you need to spend them face to face so the receiver can verify they are real and funded.

patron bounty

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:46:30 AM

Although printed on paper money, I think it's more worth mentioning as a member card that can only be used in one place
The initial expectation of bitcoin creation is that it can be used as a global currency, and bitcoin should not be tied to institutions why you make it more complicated by organizing it by signing up for membership before you can use bitcoin directly.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:46:22 AM

As the popularity and value of Bitcoin increases so do its adoption. Recently, about 4,000 new ATMs were introduced in Argentina. A drastic transformation in this sphere is being brought by Tangem that is trying to make the cash like transaction through cryptocurrencies a possibility for the users.

Tagem, a new smart banknote platform is launching the bitcoin banknotes in Singapore, which is known for its blockchain and crypto favorable regulatory measures. The notes will be on sale at the Megafash Suntec City store. The aim is to mass produce the physical notes of bitcoin in millions by the end of 2018.

Continue reading: https://coingape.com/bitcoin-banknotes-ready-to-replace-traditional-currency/

great. It makes a lot of sense for Argentinians to put their fiat to bitcoin and other crypto as the local economics is facing some serious struggle and there is a chance of massive dip in coming months.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
shino1412

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:52:23 AM

We rely on the high and growing NFC smartphone penetration. Offline balance check will be available through trusted attestation
Moonbrand

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:45:46 AM

Does anyone else have the same feeling about this as me...?
arguelles84

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

In Singapore, issued the first "smart banknotes" bitcoin. The developers of Tangem presented bills of 0.01 and 0.05 BTC denominations. They can be used as an alternative means of payment and physically transferred from hand to hand. In fact, these are miniature hardware cold wallets into which the S3D350A chip, created by Samsung Semiconductor, is integrated. Developers call their product a "noncopable cold wallet."
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:50:12 AM

Unlikely. I already explained that if anyone gets scammed like that then they only have themselves to blame. Who would send an upfront payment for something which you need physical access to be able it contains Bitcoin? Unless it was done with a trusted trading partner or with escrow it just wouldn't happen to anyone who know what they are doing.

Moonbrand

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:37:21 PM

Unlikely. I already explained that if anyone gets scammed like that then they only have themselves to blame. Who would send an upfront payment for something which you need physical access to be able it contains Bitcoin? Unless it was done with a trusted trading partner or with escrow it just wouldn't happen to anyone who know what they are doing.

Well, yes... You have, indeed, stated that, but as we see time and time again, this industry is rife with scams and, on the flip side of the coin, a massive education problem. So, essentially, you're saying that, should someone not understand the "system" as well as you, too bad, so sad it's their fault. Frankly, it's that attitude that hurts Crypto.

On that note, the flaw with these "Bank notes" is that they are still handled by human beings, so there will always be the human element to take into account and, as I'm sure you're aware, throw a stick in the wind these days, you're going to hit a scam or someone trying to take advantage of a lack of education. This is a problem; a very serious one. Until the community is properly educated(just as they are in Fiat currency; only after centuries of use and support from those who brought it to them in the first place and those who are experts with it), Crypto will probably remain to be seen as something to be avoided by the main stream because of all of these issues. If all you did was Google the sheer amount of scams over the centuries following the introduction of banknotes, you would see the reason I'm posing these questions to this forum; in the hope that there is someone who has more knowledge than me, to help educate me and quell my fears.

I'm not trying to play a game of who's more right, I'm simply putting forward an opinion that, as a large amount of this rest in the hands of humans, it is still open to dodgy dealings; that is all. You obviously have your opinion and it's one of: if you partake you better be ready to be scammed... Really? Surely education on Crypto is a better solution, rather than just a nihilistic view. Would you say this
I already explained that if anyone gets scammed like that then they only have themselves to blame.
to one of your family members if they got scammed because they didn't know better and you, being an expert, didn't explain how it works to them?

So, in conclusion, I am looking for a constructive conversation, not a one sided view on the matter. I understand you have your view and opinions, but they aren't the gospel, and I hope you see that...
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 12:54:54 PM

So, in conclusion, I am looking for a constructive conversation, not a one sided view on the matter. I understand you have your view and opinions, but they aren't the gospel, and I hope you see that...

Your previous reply had been there sometime and nobody came along to agree with you.

I fail to see how any of that is relevant to the product in question. Tell me why someone is more likely to be scammed buying one of these than they are a Casascius coin on eBay? These aren't even collectable so there isn't even a reason someone would attempt to buy one of those other than from physical outlet. Your example of someone selling the card to 3 people just doesn't make any sense.

On that note, the flaw with these "Bank notes" is that they are still handled by human beings, so there will always be the human element to take into account

Any wallet is handled by humans. Scams can happen in any form. Describing that as a flaw is ludicrous. The fact that they can be physically checked makes them more not less secure.

efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:56:40 PM

As the popularity and value of Bitcoin increases so do its adoption. Recently, about 4,000 new ATMs were introduced in Argentina. A drastic transformation in this sphere is being brought by Tangem that is trying to make the cash like transaction through cryptocurrencies a possibility for the users.

Tagem, a new smart banknote platform is launching the bitcoin banknotes in Singapore, which is known for its blockchain and crypto favorable regulatory measures. The notes will be on sale at the Megafash Suntec City store. The aim is to mass produce the physical notes of bitcoin in millions by the end of 2018.

Continue reading: https://coingape.com/bitcoin-banknotes-ready-to-replace-traditional-currency/

Its good news for cryptocurrency. I think adoption on crypto to real world will become more common in the future. Cryptocurrency is the future our economic world and it will be growing more bigger than now.

HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:18:20 PM

It is just anotheed simple example of bitcoins development and popularity.

DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:48:53 PM

It means bitcoin successfully pass one more stem towards the bright future.
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:36:52 PM

Another advantage of banknotes before online transactions is the developers call the instant payment and the absence of commissions. However, they also adopted all the shortcomings of other physical media, including the potential risk of theft and limited transmission range.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:57:49 AM

In Singapore, issued the first "smart banknotes" bitcoin. The developers of Tangem presented bills of 0.01 and 0.05 BTC denominations. They can be used as an alternative means of payment and physically transferred from hand to hand. In fact, these are miniature hardware cold wallets into which the S3D350A chip, created by Samsung Semiconductor, is integrated. Developers call their product a "noncopable cold wallet."
If the BTC is operating on a technology platform and is working outside like paper money, this is very complicated. And gradually lose the original features of the BTC, in my opinion if the BTC converted into paper money should use the national currency will be better. Use BTC only for cross-border payments.
vhhjhju

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:41:23 AM

This is a Bitcoin application that is popular. If Bitcoin wants to become a mainstream currency, more applications are needed.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:45:45 AM

Bitcoin bank accept notes is really amazing idea which is very effective in crypto currency world. When all countries accept bitcoin as their trading system, then it could be possible.
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:29:19 AM

With this new tech item introduced to the market it may have an effect on helping to raise awareness of btc to more people. Because these physical records can handle issues such as transfer fees and from online to offline we can expect more demand in btc for the coming years if it is adopted by public users and crypto and Interesting in themselves and worth noting is Singapore banknotes with par value of 0.01 and 0.05 bitcoin. Although it is difficult to imagine how these bills will be used as a means of payment, but how they can be used as bonds. Organizations that publish it must guarantee their redemption at face value in terms of presentation for payment.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:34:16 AM

I don't think though that many people would take it since cashless transaction especially this is bitcoin's feature and convenience but still it is good to have an alternative currency when you are short on fiat money as long as the stores accept bitcoin as payment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: