Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:38:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the bible say about Bitcoin?  (Read 18364 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:26:11 AM

I find the lack of faith in this thread disturbing....

I have faith that Jesus walked on water. I just kind of figured it was winter.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:31:25 AM

There is no evidence it was winter.  Roll Eyes
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:35:33 AM

WTF does evidence have to do with fairy tales?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:36:22 AM

Wouldn't matter.  The Sea of Galliee never freezes.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:36:54 AM

What do you believe in?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:53:48 AM

You analytical fuckers are picking apart a joke. *facepalm*

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:03:04 AM

This surprises you?
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:14:44 AM

There is no evidence it was winter.  Roll Eyes

I was joking.  No evidence for winter is somewhat insignificance considering there is no evidence for Jesus walking on water.  Cheesy
gabriella (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:42:24 AM

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:31:30 AM

It's as amusing to myself to dissect your jokes as it is for you to ridicule my belief system.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:54:48 AM

Yes - I think that's the 7th commandment after the one about owning a Kindle.

God wasn't keen on iPhones either.  Straight to hell if you own one.
Funny, god told Steve Jobs about iPhones when he was tripping acid.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:10:30 AM

Steve Jobs thought he was god.  Wink

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:13:52 AM

Steve Jobs thought he was god.  Wink

If that were true, why did he spend so much money and time trying to cure his cancer; rather than willing it out of existance?

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:29:24 AM

It's as amusing to myself to dissect your jokes as it is for you to ridicule my belief system.
Ridicule is the price one pays for irrational approaches to truth.

Nobody has ever complained about someone else ridiculing their belief in the height of Mt Everest. Since Mt Everest is a real thing that actually exists, we can just go measure it. No faith required there - that's only required when you're talking about imaginary things.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:47:10 AM

Ridicule is the price one pays for irrational approaches to truth.

Nobody has ever complained about someone else ridiculing their belief in the height of Mt Everest. Since Mt Everest is a real thing that actually exists, we can just go measure it. No faith required there - that's only required when you're talking about imaginary things.

You have a faith based worldview as well, you just don't think you do.  While I would agree that Mt Everest is a real mountain that can be measured, can you personally perform that act, or do you need to trust the claim of someone else?  What first hand evidence do you possess that the proto-planet Pluto exists?  That Nelson Mandela (who died today) was more than a fictional character, or that James Bond was not?  That Americans have ever visited the Moon?

The truth is, you don't.  You could have the ability to prove to yourself that some of these things are truth, but no single person could prove that all of them are truth.  You live as a lifeform for which a faith-based worldview is a physical and psycological requirement for any kind of sane or rational interaction with the rest of humanity.  You must put your faith in someone.  In whom, or what, you choose to believe in says as much about you as what, or whom, you choose to deny.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:57:37 AM

Believing a report from a credible source, on a fact that does not violate reproducible laws of nature is not the same as believing a report from an anonymous source, that does violate reproducible laws of nature.
VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:00:55 AM

Nuclear Winter

Jesus stars in Fallout 4.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:12:14 AM

Believing a report from a credible source, on a fact that does not violate reproducible laws of nature is not the same as believing a report from an anonymous source, that does violate reproducible laws of nature.

Believe what you wish.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:20:10 AM

Believe what you wish.

I was not trying to be antagonistic.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:31:47 AM

Believe what you wish.

I was not trying to be antagonistic.

Neither was I, but your (apparent) belief that reproducible laws of nature are immutible and/or that our understanding of said laws of nature are sufficiently complete simply supports my point.  You have faith that your worldview is correct.  You have to, for if you did not, the cognative dissonance you would regularly encounter will either require you to alter your worldview till the stress of such cognative dissonance is below your cronic threshhold; or simply drive you to madness.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: