Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:58:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: opinion wanted ))  (Read 260 times)
alex.bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:27:42 PM

hey guys!

just wondering if someone might be interested to host their ASICs or RIGs in China or Central Europe?
electricity price, for now, is $0.07/kWh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:04:25 PM

If this is a service you are trying to offer, you might want to flesh out your post with more information. Also you need to post it in the marketplace under service announcements so it will be seen by people looking for this kind of service.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
alex.bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:33:54 PM

If this is a service you are trying to offer, you might want to flesh out your post with more information. Also you need to post it in the marketplace under service announcements so it will be seen by people looking for this kind of service.

just want to know an opinion if it's still interesting for the members or it's really too late to start
i've spaces, support, electricity but need some advice from pros
i'm not offering hosting right now

jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:24:41 PM

hey guys!

just wondering if someone might be interested to host their ASICs or RIGs in China or Central Europe?

Hi. Electricity price is OK, yet better can be found in the Eastern Europe.

That is why I have to ask you: what other benefits are planned to provide with that hosting?

I mean extra security, equipment insurance, video surveillance accessible by the owner, air conditioning and filtration, internet channel reservation, 24/7 tech support etc. There are some places with virtually free electricity, but you won't risk placing even a cheapest rig there. That is why your question needs clarification and extra details.

Theoretically, if you offer me move my equipment (~50kW) to some place with the top notch security so I can sleep better, then I will likely agree.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:38:07 PM

hey guys!

That is why I have to ask you: what other benefits are planned to provide with that hosting?

I mean extra security, equipment insurance, video surveillance accessible by the owner, air conditioning and filtration, internet channel reservation, 24/7 tech support etc. There are some places with virtually free electricity, but you won't risk placing even a cheapest rig there. That is why your question needs clarification and extra details.

Theoretically, if you offer me move my equipment (~50kW) to some place with the top notch security so I can sleep better, then I will likely agree.

Great post , there should be more info about it
for example electricity where I live in Syria is way cheaper , I can really offer maximum 4 cents per kWh but it will be a hell of responsibility also I guess many won't feel safe having there equipments there ( personally I won't feel safe too )

so during the current situation in my country , personally I prefer having someone else hosting even the electricity if the electricity costs more
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:19:15 AM

hey guys!

Great post , there should be more info about it
for example electricity where I live in Syria is way cheaper , I can really offer maximum 4 cents per kWh but it will be a hell of responsibility also I guess many won't feel safe having there equipments there ( personally I won't feel safe too )

so during the current situation in my country , personally I prefer having someone else hosting even the electricity if the electricity costs more

It seems in some places you can't just get everything at once without compromising on the other. Over here, for security, I only needed to put it under lock and key and if I am magnanimous, I pay someone to watch the compound if its not where I live and the security issue is settled 100%. But for the cost of power, I can even begin to cost how much because its one of the most expensive in the world and its not even available which means heavy reliance on generators is key. The best is to live mining for the people in China and other conducive countries.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:21:16 AM

hey guys!

You are in a wrong section to ask this query dude mate. Better please move this thread to mining or mining discussion section. That will be more helpful to get the people who is looking hosting service.
Still I am not sure this is a small value for mining ASIC or rig.
I advice you to reduce the cost per KWH as 0.06.KWH, that would be affordable one for many people who is looking for this service
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:49:20 AM

just want to know an opinion if it's still interesting for the members or it's really too late to start
i've spaces, support, electricity but need some advice from pros
i'm not offering hosting right now

no offense but it is not possible to trust someone with your money these days. specially someone you don't personally know or have access to (being in a different country). if you are looking for investors to start a mining operation then find someone around you so that they can know you and find you! something like a partnership and there can be contract between you two. you provide space and electricity and the other party provides the money. then you share the profit after costs based on a percentage that you agree upon.

rest assured you won't find anyone online like this!

Only Bitcoin
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:01:09 AM

- You can't earn enough trust by offering this service just as a single person. World is full of scammers...
- When you will register yourself as a company than you can offer direct cloud mining rather than hosting services at almost zero initial cost on infrastructure and mining rigs.
- Cloud mining space is dominated by big players so you might squeezed in between if you can't provide competitive and profitable plans.
- RIG hosting solution is pretty rare and I don't think its quite lucrative for the owner unless he can fly with those mining rigs without getting caught.  Grin
alex.bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:12:47 AM

Thanks to everyone! it was very helpful to hear it from every one of you, I do understand all risks about it and if it will start for sure I'm not gonna run it only by myself ))) the most important thing is that kind of service is still demanded on the market. Cheers!
alex.bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:41:44 PM

guys, could you tell me roughly price for hosting in the US per month including electricity fees?
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:21:01 PM

- You can't earn enough trust by offering this service just as a single person. World is full of scammers...
- When you will register yourself as a company than you can offer direct cloud mining rather than hosting services at almost zero initial cost on infrastructure and mining rigs.
- Cloud mining space is dominated by big players so you might squeezed in between if you can't provide competitive and profitable plans.
- RIG hosting solution is pretty rare and I don't think its quite lucrative for the owner unless he can fly with those mining rigs without getting caught.  Grin
With just basing on these points that you do mention which is actually true then you would definitely end up on changing up your mind. Normally these kind of ideas isnt bad but when we do really dig deeper and look out closely about competition and possible being scammed then you would really not tend to proceed.

I had read above that OP is satisfied with peoples answers and its much better for this thread to be locked. Thanks

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:33:20 PM

I had read above that OP is satisfied with peoples answers and its much better for this thread to be locked. Thanks
OP's still asking related to his/her future service/business so there's no need to close this thread yet, tho I can't contribute and can suggest anything related to mining with asic and its basic requirements. And all I can say is once you started this business, make sure you have enough promotions to gain trust for this, so many people/miners will go to you to host their rigs.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

OP's still asking related to his/her future service/business so there's no need to close this thread yet, tho I can't contribute and can suggest anything related to mining with asic and its basic requirements. And all I can say is once you started this business, make sure you have enough promotions to gain trust for this, so many people/miners will go to you to host their rigs.

I do not think he is still looking to the hosting service mate. Do you think since he is unresponsive, he will add the promotion work to get the project get sucessful. I do not think it will work. For example, you can check the IceRock project.
I see IceRock is the not seems successful since they have promoted the projects more in the market.
Still they are looking for the investors to support them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
alex.bitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:44:00 AM

I do not think he is still looking for the hosting service mate. Do you think since he is unresponsive, he will add the promotion work to get the project get successful? I do not think it will work. For example, you can check the IceRock project.
I see IceRock is the not seems successful since they have promoted the projects more in the market.
Still they are looking for the investors to support them.

I can't imagine that someone will trust me without I've something from my own in this project BEFORE it starts.
for ex. space, installed electricity, team, etc.
as I see IceRock just looking for investors to SETUP whole thing from the beginning, so no power supply solved yet, just good old cold and dark cave?! from this side I don't "trust" such projects, there are lots of risks. but from the other side, if I've ex-factory spaces with electricity, I could show to everyone who's interested in... this sounds like a plan for me.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:54:54 AM

I do not think he is still looking to the hosting service mate.
Of course, he didn't, when did he ask about this?

Do you think since he is unresponsive,
"Unresponsive" means too long to reply Or no response at all.

For example, you can check the IceRock project.
Icerock is totally different from what he is offering, they're promising with a huge amount of profit so don't compare it here.

So, once you promote your service in any specific market your service will not succeed?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: