Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the massive creation of Altcoins can be stopped?  (Read 2585 times)
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:41:32 PM

I see no problems here, anyone is free to create his token or coin. It's up for the people to use their brains before investing.

No man, you have to look at it on the longer run.  Imagine this, get into this metaphor:

The ICO market is like a food market.  A lot of competition and a lot of sellers of food.  Most food isn't food at all.  You think you ate something but an hour later you get sick.  You paid for something, it was really cheap and you liked it when you bought it, but then you get sick.  Now imagine 90% of the food sellers sell crap food that make you sick.  Will you go to that market again?  No, until there are regulations, the food market will be a place to avoid.  If YOU happen to know the places where you can buy real food, you're lucky.  But as long as crap food is allowed, the market will get flooded by crap food and after a while, you don't know either anymore. Undecided 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:44:32 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 11:10:16 PM by vintages

With the way and high amount of shitcoins that is entering into the market daily, I feel it should be stopped. But yet, stopping it has it own disadvantages. It's just like putting a stop in innovations that are being created using the blockchain technology. But another thing is that most people use ICOs as a form of way extorting money from people whom are interested in the project and wants to invest.
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:02:42 AM

It doesnt matter at all cos numerous quantity of alt coins dont affect on market at all cos if it's shitcoin, noone will support it and that alt eventually will fall down. So, I think it's really unreasonable to control their emmisiob but ICO's gotta be controlled by ourselves by increasing requirements for team revealing (live streams, events). Not just TG chat with "Give us money for..." title.
The shit coins will eventually die, but in that process they would rob the money of innocent investors who are trying the market for the first time and that has to be stopped and we need to regulate the formation of new coins without any use and a regulation must be present on ICO, as that is one of the worst place where people scam and run away with the money.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:05:55 AM

many wish to be part of the gold rush, once the 'hysteria' is over I think we'll see most coins fade away to nothing and we'll remain with the useful ones

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:07:13 AM

I was just wondering after the altcoin being successful there have been more unreasonable coin that has been created, hence there are more people will  doubt it, and seriously more and more coins has being created just for profit I mean you can gain some profit off of it but its not the reason why a founder should create one.
In my opinion we just need one coin and that is bitcoin, you do not need every coin for every other use, we just need bitcoin with all the functions and nothing else, i am sure ICO will be regulated soon because they have raised billions of dollars and majority of them were scams and who knows the rest will fulfill their promise and just fade off with other peoples money. If there is a market adoption for the coin, then it will continue to grow and the rest will die eventually.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:38:18 AM

Why stop the creation of altcoyins? In order to focus on certain specific tokens, do you need to suspend the activities of all ICO projects? An interesting approach. And then how will you differ from those states that now prohibit crypto currency? There, too, are covered with good intentions, such as the need to combat money laundering, terrorism and other such fabrications.

The activities of ICO, although it has its drawbacks, and in many cases their tokens are really useless, but on the whole this activity brings tangible benefits. Their tokens are very useful and necessary for people. Let the market determine which of the created tokens deserve further existence, and which do not. To make it less fraud, investors need to study ICO projects and its team more thoroughly, and then scammers will not collect multimillion sums.

$Darkloard$

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:33:00 PM

The active demand for tokens, which do not have either a work product, a main network, or a worthy team, has reached zenith, but, as with any other thoughtless purchases, the excitement feeds on stupidity and at the foot of the mountain a crowd gathered with highly raised empty bowls, saddle the next big wave, make good money and retire early.
herromerro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

Isn't it like other startups? I think it is good to have so much coins if some of them can offer us to real usage and value.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:06:23 PM

No, it is practically not possible to stop the massive creation of altcoins worldwide, because there will be always countries allowing it or even assist to enforce it to attract entrepreneurs. The only thing you as an investor or user can do is read about the coin you have interest and not just listen to friends or to your stomage. You can also develop a reasonable coin by yourself and this totally independent of whether or not others create huge numbers of coins as well.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:11:45 PM

The ICO market is like a food market.  A lot of competition and a lot of sellers of food.  Most food isn't food at all.  You think you ate something but an hour later you get sick.  You paid for something, it was really cheap and you liked it when you bought it, but then you get sick.  Now imagine 90% of the food sellers sell crap food that make you sick.  Will you go to that market again?  No, until there are regulations, the food market will be a place to avoid.  If YOU happen to know the places where you can buy real food, you're lucky.  But as long as crap food is allowed, the market will get flooded by crap food and after a while, you don't know either anymore. Undecided 

it's all caveat emptor right now. no one's gonna save you. all this stuff will have to iron itself out and that's how it should be.

the avalanche of crap is not gonna stop. it's gonna get more crappy and more insidious. that'll drag the morons down and push the quality projects higher.

regulation won't stop it. the only thing that will is to let it play out which is exactly what's happening. this may suck for many but it's necessary and natural.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:06:25 PM

With the way and high amount of shitcoins that is entering into the market daily, I feel it should be stopped. But yet, stopping it has it own disadvantages.

why to stop appearing of new coins? promising coins will be adopted, scam coins will disappear - it's a natural process.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
BQ

Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:10:20 AM

With the way and high amount of shitcoins that is entering into the market daily, I feel it should be stopped. But yet, stopping it has it own disadvantages.

why to stop appearing of new coins? promising coins will be adopted, scam coins will disappear - it's a natural process.

I guess one way we could argue about that is because a lot of people end up being scammed, which hurts the market as a whole.
but at the same time it's their own fault and, as you said, natural process - darwin!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:17:45 AM

I think massive creation of altcoin it's not a bad because everybody have right to create it. I see in future when every man can receives payment for own work in own currency.
Nitroali
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

#41 Haga

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:20:21 AM

I think altcoin creation is unstoppable and this is a big problem , I would only few altcoin with fundamentals.

😁
parlerm

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:37:02 AM

Wyh it must be stoped. Even you get some money from it. It's will make cryptocurrency more known by many people too. Just let them, maybe some coin will be shitcoin but many of them will be success too.
demitazh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:05:57 AM

I do not agree with you. indeed there are some newcomers coin aiming to take advantage early only. but there is also a coin that is not like that. If only a little coin in this world, we are faced with little choice. I am very happy with the presence of many coins, because we can choose and filter out the excellent coin

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:38:52 AM

I was just wondering after the altcoin being successful there have been more unreasonable coin that has been created, hence there are more people will  doubt it, and seriously more and more coins has being created just for profit I mean you can gain some profit off of it but its not the reason why a founder should create one.

After seeing so much coin being created and been abandoned with gaining profit from it made me think that if the new coin stops coming then we could focus more on some reasonable coin and some coin that is currently being developed.
I think it's hard to prevent it, especially when it does not control it. So what we need to do is look carefully at each token and find out if this is true of their goals. It's easy to find out if this is a scam by looking at their profiles if they are true and they have not stolen their pictures.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
republicrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:50:11 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 09:10:40 PM by republicrypto

I was just wondering after the altcoin being successful there have been more unreasonable coin that has been created, hence there are more people will  doubt it, and seriously more and more coins has being created just for profit I mean you can gain some profit off of it but its not the reason why a founder should create one.

After seeing so much coin being created and been abandoned with gaining profit from it made me think that if the new coin stops coming then we could focus more on some reasonable coin and some coin that is currently being developed.

i think its hard to be happend, or i can said the new creations of new cryptocurrency in masssive is Can not stopped
because all of us know, there is no legal regulations on it
so, everyone can create their own cryptocurrency,
but, not all people can develop their crypto, and the crypto without development will be died soon or later
regards
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:03:59 PM

No, we cannot stop the creation of new Altcoins and we should not even bother about it. the such mechanisms take place automatically in investment sector. The new Altcoins which have a poor idea or a project behind it will automatically disappear when no investor will support it. So it depends on the investors that they should be careful and vigilant about investing in any new Altcoin. But yes there must be some regulation that atleast purely shitcoins which are visible to be shitcoins but are advertised as too great and reach soft cap by such advert must be stopped as they don't have any utility really.
sandor111

Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:09:08 PM

No, we cannot stop the creation of new Altcoins and we should not even bother about it. the such mechanisms take place automatically in investment sector. The new Altcoins which have a poor idea or a project behind it will automatically disappear when no investor will support it. So it depends on the investors that they should be careful and vigilant about investing in any new Altcoin. But yes there must be some regulation that atleast purely shitcoins which are visible to be shitcoins but are advertised as too great and reach soft cap by such advert must be stopped as they don't have any utility really.
How are you going to decide which "shitcoin" does not have any utility and prohibit advertising for it? I don't think this is the right approach. I think anyone can advertise his business even if it's stupid, as long as he reveals his identity and this way he is legally responsible. People are selling clairvoyant services (psychic reading) which is scientifically false and stupid, but some people believe in it and they are willing to pay for it. You can advertise such service as long as you have legal stuff sorted (registered company, terms and conditions...)
So I would say that any ICO or "shitcoin" can advertise, as long as they are not hiding their name so in case they scam investors, they can be trialled in court.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: