Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:48:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the massive creation of Altcoins can be stopped?  (Read 2585 times)
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:13:47 PM

I'm worried mainly because the majority will find that they won't have lost money in outright scams, just terrible projects. How many ICOs which come out on a daily basis do need or even benefit in any way from using blockchain? I'd argue that maybe 1%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:14:20 PM

No you can't because most of the source code are open source and are freely available on the internet. But we can stop the trading of these shitcoins on exchanges. They need to be more strict when choosing coins for their listing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:19:51 PM

It will only be stopped if people stop investing in it and supporting it.
Too many people want to join everything it seems.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:23:16 PM

True as long as this is existing for and people wanted to have another currency to support there would be another and newly create altcoin for thosw wanted to try something new.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:27:13 PM

I was just wondering after the altcoin being successful there have been more unreasonable coin that has been created, hence there are more people will  doubt it, and seriously more and more coins has being created just for profit I mean you can gain some profit off of it but its not the reason why a founder should create one.

After seeing so much coin being created and been abandoned with gaining profit from it made me think that if the new coin stops coming then we could focus more on some reasonable coin and some coin that is currently being developed.

I do not think it is possible without any kind of regulation. There are plenty of fraud companies trading on OTC market in stock exchanges as well. However those are not trading on NYSE or NASDAQ. For example, NYSE requires at least

https://www.nyse.com/publicdocs/nyse/listing/NYSE_Initial_Listing_Standards_Summary.pdf

What I want to say is there is no way to stop altcoin creation. However we should be able to find a way to limit exposure of investors to coins by creating some kind of standard for those to be tradable. It is just some of my initial thoughts on the matter however it will be hard to implement.
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:46:29 PM

Nope because ICOs are unregulated it means most of the people who has resources can easily launch their own ICO regardless if these are scams or legit projects,theres no one could stop this madness,greed is the human nature which is why we can cant stop it not unelss some regulator board will step up so that these new ICOs will be filtered to lessen the scam projects.

sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:53:46 PM

I was just wondering after the altcoin being successful there have been more unreasonable coin that has been created, hence there are more people will  doubt it, and seriously more and more coins has being created just for profit I mean you can gain some profit off of it but its not the reason why a founder should create one.

After seeing so much coin being created and been abandoned with gaining profit from it made me think that if the new coin stops coming then we could focus more on some reasonable coin and some coin that is currently being developed.

Many new Altcoins are created on daily basis for sake of making lot of money but all the Altcoin are not bad some Altcoins are good whereas there are many shit coins which can not survive for a long time and would finally be disappear from screen.It depends upon investors they should research well before proceeding to invest in such coins.During dip period only strong based project coins would survive while shit coins would vanish by themselves.So always make the best choice.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Zeleznyak

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:16:29 AM

And why should we stop something, the market is formed at the expense of the strong and weak. That is, strong altcoins to stay afloat, someone even build a boat. And let the weak drown, for example TenX. Like this idea interesting, but they just didn't implement it well enough
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:58:25 AM

Over time, when it ceases to be profitable. Because now many earn on creation кpиптoвaлют and creation of a sensation round it
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:38:20 AM
Merited by Davids123 (12)

Of course, it can be stopped. When people will stop to buy copypasted crap coins and useless erc20 tokens devs will stop to print them. It's just supply and demand.
4garret

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:07:50 AM

We all do not know, before we have been made upset by bitcoin, after the bitcoin is present another crypto is altcoin.
Perhaps, after this will be new technology that makes everything that ever created before become obsolete or archaic.
So, we just need to enjoy this competition.
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:22:10 AM

Let the free market take care of it.  The market will eventually remove the bad coins from us and leave only the high quality coins.  Its up to us as responsible individuals to sift through the BS.  The people here looking for government regulation are what we refer to as sheeple who want the govt to hold their hand and keep them safe. 

Gemniet

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:23:33 AM

New people will buy the new altcoins, it seems they are cheaper.
norcia

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:25:01 AM

I do not see the innovation altcoin will stop, anyone will be more free and believe to make tokens or coins.
This is the thing that always counts people before investing. Given the crypto is something new, it still needs to race to win the trust of investors.
Shikamaru

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:10:38 AM

It will not stop, altcoin has a big dream in the world of crypto, at least that's what I see. Although bitcoin is still a reference in the trading of crypto coins, but slowly but surely altcoin is starting to make people a little unsure of having to buy bitcoin. In this case altcoin does have advantages, so just wait time.
vcmnb5

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:37:39 AM

There is no way to stop it, but even if new altcoins are created every day, I think they will eventually be eliminated by the market. In this market change, 50% of the altcoins are dead, and their value is Almost zero.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:39:53 AM

Despite the fact that now there are a lot of useless tokens, in general the process of their appearance through the ICO is very necessary and useful. We still need a variety of tokens, they still occupy their narrow niche in human activity and practically do not compete with others. However, the utility of them is great. Through them, blockchein technology penetrates into all spheres of our life and this autumn is important. Useless tokens market will vseravno reject.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:40:53 AM

we can't stop the creation of coins. this is there way of raising funds to support there projects to develop it. every groups or teams or business or company wants to create their own coins to be personally use it there platform or project. this is also there personal mark of their project.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 05:46:45 AM

There us no way to stop it, but in the end only the coins with real utility will survive and the rest of them will just fade away. So just be careful in which projects you choose to invest.

lanalang

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:25:05 AM

Actually I am not thinking that this is bad or harming, new coins are not that bad after all, especially because most of them are dying in a year from there creation. There are many cryptocurrencies but only few of them are making the difference.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: