Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who bought bitmain Z9 will face a big issues now  (Read 4064 times)
whitebrow

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:22:57 PM

Bitmain has been mining these for at least six months. So if you fork then they Asic the fork and once again get to benefit for 6 months or more. Until they release the z10 or whatever.

I can understand the hate maybe towards the s9 because of the power requirements but this is 300w.

So I don't get the hate. Either you are buying from Nvidia or you are buying from bitmain. What's the difference really. There are groups buying 1000+ GPU.

Imagine if no equihash coins forked. Are you telling me those same groups wouldn't be clamoring to buy as many z9 as possible?

Bitmain could easily dumpster any coin that planned a fork. Cool you forked but not before they mined half your coins. Obviously that's hyperbole.

Making these coins actually useful should be the ultimate goal.

Also, come on devs, looking at AMD and Nvidia sales reports should have been clue#1 where the increase in difficulty came from.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:27:45 PM

Bitmain has been mining these for at least six months. So if you fork then they Asic the fork and once again get to benefit for 6 months or more. Until they release the z10 or whatever.

I can understand the hate maybe towards the s9 because of the power requirements but this is 300w.

So I don't get the hate. Either you are buying from Nvidia or you are buying from bitmain. What's the difference really. There are groups buying 1000+ GPU.

Imagine if no equihash coins forked. Are you telling me those same groups wouldn't be clamoring to buy as many z9 as possible?

Bitmain could easily dumpster any coin that planned a fork. Cool you forked but not before they mined half your coins. Obviously that's hyperbole.

Also, come on devs, looking at AMD and Nvidia sales reports should have been clue#1 where the increase in difficulty came from.

1 post , is this bitmain ceo?
shanepottermi

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:35:12 PM

With Billions of dollars in excess capital i think its safe to say they likely have troll farms advocating for ASICs lol They'd be stupid not to but its annoying either way.

I don't see how Zcash don't fork.. they'll destroy their own user base and likely end up sued on multiple continents for lying to their users to get them to invest in their network then throwing them under the bus. The large Nvidia miners who invested in Nvidia rigs to mine Zcash because of what their company stated aren't going to just shrug their shoulders and move on.
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:02:54 AM

Maybe 1st post, but it's pretty smart post.
Everybody knows that Bitmain is mining Equihash since some months and coins decide to fork now Huh It's just communication.
In any case, if ASIC will not kill GPU mining, FPGA will (and ETH POS too). Some companies are already working on large scale products ready to use.

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:40:20 AM

Maybe it will spark some bright young mind to figure out how to unlock those mythical disabled CUDA cores on 1070s. We need  an "equilargement pill" or equihash equalizer tablet or something now to go with the ethlargement pill.
Johnjay06

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:07:02 AM

If all of the big coins forked every 6 months, asic mining wouldn't be a problem
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:18:37 AM

Hopefully other larger Equihash coins follow suite and fork to disable these Bitmain ASICs.

My only worry is if the fork is done too early it could be useless? Hopefully the devs fork in June once they start shipping. If they fork before then Bitmain might be able to tweak the ASICs just enough to be able to mine the new forks.
Marvell2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:25:45 AM

Hopefully other larger Equihash coins follow suite and fork to disable these Bitmain ASICs.

My only worry is if the fork is done too early it could be useless? Hopefully the devs fork in June once they start shipping. If they fork before then Bitmain might be able to tweak the ASICs just enough to be able to mine the new forks.
I hope they fork sooner so we see how much of the eqihash hashrate was already asics
DevelopmentBank

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:38:34 AM

I hope they fork sooner so we see how much of the eqihash hashrate was already asics

I feel you, but we probably don't need to see the decrease in hashrate to already know that Bitmain is already mining Equihash with ASICs.
I believe in delayed gratification and we will surely be better off in the long run if we fork later.
Marvell2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:51:55 AM

I feel you, but we probably don't need to see the decrease in hashrate to already know that Bitmain is already mining Equihash with ASICs.
I believe in delayed gratification and we will surely be better off in the long run if we fork later.
true , but I bet it opens more eyes
whitrzac

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:04:46 AM

Has there been an asic where batch 1 didn't pay itself off in a reasonable amount of time?

Even the D3s paid themselves off fairly quickly, just not batches 4-5-6...
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:08:24 AM

Unfortunately the miner revenue per day of these coins that will form, is irrevleant.

Most of the Equihash revenue comes from ZEC and most of the GPU mining revenue comes from ETH.

For GPU mining to stay alive and profitable, then these 2 coins need to stay ASIC free.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:24:21 AM

Has there been an asic where batch 1 didn't pay itself off in a reasonable amount of time?

Easy, just take a look at the Cryptonight ASICs. They in no way paid for themselves since the Monero team was quick to fork.

I hope you seriously don't encourage people to buy these ASICs. They are not what cryptocurrencies were invented for. ASICs turn crypto into a simplistic money making scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
whitrzac

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:33:51 AM

Easy, just take a look at the Cryptonight ASICs. They in no way paid for themselves since the Monero team was quick to fork.

I hope you seriously don't encourage people to buy these ASICs. They are not what cryptocurrencies were invented for. ASICs turn crypto into a simplistic money making scam.

Most cryptos are money making scams. 0 cares given as long as I make money.
badger88

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:27:41 AM

these asics are gonna be da bomb

so 2 of them will be like 40 1080 GPUs in one for 600W ?

good deal

Tongue
DevelopmentBank

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:28:52 AM

Exactly. This is why people who haven't invested in crypto see us in a bad light. They say its a bubble and all that because what they see is companies like Bitmain or Coinbase or companies who only care about making a quick buck.

If we are able to suppress companies like these with more decentralized services we will soon see the true value of crypto.  
whitebrow

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:39:10 AM

Exactly. This is why people who haven't invested in crypto see us in a bad light. They say its a bubble and all that because what they see is companies like Bitmain or Coinbase or companies who only care about making a quick buck.

If we are able to suppress companies like these with more decentralized services we will soon see the true value of crypto.  

How is that different from GPUs and Nvidia. How is that different from one person buying 1000x 1080ti vs little timmy who can only buy 2.

Nvidia GPU are gaming focused and they dont want you to buy them for mining. Bitmains goal is the success and health of Cryptos.

If you don't buy a z9 then it's your fault. Do you think Rolfe with multiple antminer farms is going to fork ZenCash? Zooko was smart to premine and working with bitmain.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:54:13 AM

that is great news indeed.
but I heard that ZEC will not change anything, the increasing diff will only helps to help to rise the value of the coin..
really tough choice here.. it may work .. but I guess the diff will be balanced, some gpu miners will leave mining ZEC while their leave will be compensated by arrived ASICs..
CryptosMiningFR

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 06:15:16 AM

Didnt zcash dev already said that he doesnt care about  asics and that its to much hustle for him to do anything about it because he thinks thats the fight without chances to win Undecided Also add zencash on the list of coins that plan to fight asics,also anyone have idea how much % of all equihash hash zec takes?

It's easy to understand i think.

Zcash win 20% reward for each block, of course they don't care about ASIC or GPU, the most important for them it's MONEY, nothing more.
That's a pretext "fight without chances to win", Monero has proved they can fight for now against ASIC.

If it's really hard in the futur they can fork for a new algorithm like X16 or Lyra2z.

https://cryptos-mining.net
Minage cryptos-monnaies
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:33:19 AM

It wont be that big an issue since there are other coins like ZEC. The question is how high will difficulty rise.

GPU will not survive going forward especially since asics keep winning more and more market share from GPU. They have already won the biggest algo, that is ethereum. That alone means GPU is the past. U should consider selling your GPUs.

Furthermore, there is a possibility that there are only so many crypto algos that they can fork into and soon, asics will be in all algos.
Developers will only be willing to fork so much until they eventually give up and there are only so many algos they can fork into. Once there are asics in each of them, it is game over for all these hard fork games.

Just my 2 cents and no I dont want a long argument

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: