Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:55:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain L3+ Voltage Control Tool...Free :)  (Read 14075 times)
racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 12:39:25 AM

Volt mod and crypto price increase has made the old L3+ miners viable again, not too many newer units out
that do not cost a bunch of $$$ like Innosilicon A6+ or Goldshell LT5. Alt season should hopefully be starting
soon once BTC hits its big spike and retreats.
ETZ

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2022, 06:16:03 PM

Hi guys sorry if i disturb you, next month i should get a Bitmain L3 ++ and i have seen that some users have used a modular power supply and replaced the original fans with noctua i would like to know if there is any guide on how to make this change.
PS: Thanks everyone.
Here
fabioA1

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2022, 09:11:58 PM

Hi, I have only just seen your interesting post, I would like to try it on my L3 + (3pcs) too. Not knowing programming, I don't understand where the binary code goes. I can't find places where to enter the code in the antimainer screen (http://192.168.1.106/). can you help me like you would an illiterate? they rewarded you as you see fit.
thank you
So certain members of this forum think its cool to rip off GPL code then do simple mods and profit greatly off it without releasing the code after having plenty of time to do so, therefore I decided to release a simple binary that does the most important function for free on the stock L3+ firmware Wink Figured lots of L3+ users would appreciate this with low profits and summer incoming.

My tests show that most boards will run on stock frequency (384) at the lowest voltage setting (0xfe) reliably at about 160 watts per board at the wall.

Source and release binary are here: https://github.com/jstefanop/bitmain-tools

This binary allows you to easily modify voltages on a per board bases for L3+ miners. It *should* work on all L3+ boards as long as they have the proper PIC version, If the binary complains about a wrong PIC version let me know (it wont do anything unless your board has the version I have tested on).

USAGE:

Since this need to be run directly from the miner console, below is my attempt at a user friendly instructions for people not familiar with the command line:

Download the release binary on GitHub and copy it over to your antminer:

Code:
scp [Directory you downloaded tool]/set_voltage root@[your miners ip]:/config

ssh into your miner and cd to config folder (this is the only folder that is saved on reboot on antminers so we saved the binary here).

Code:
ssh root@[your miners ip]
cd /config

binary accepts two inputs in the format of:

Code:
./set_voltage [chain# 1-4] [voltage in hex]

bitmains voltage controller can be configured to change the 12v input roughly +/- 1v from 10v, and this is configurable via a hex range of 0x00-0xfe, with the default being set to the middle (0x80). Higher hex values (0x80-0xfe) will LOWER voltage, lower values (0x00-0x7f) will INCREASE voltage from the default.

If your not familiar with hex numbering, all you need to know is that they range from 0-9, then a-f

For example if you want to slightly decrease your voltage on chain #1 you would input:

Code:
./set_voltage 1 90

increments of 0x10 are good starting point to test a sweet spot for each board for a particular frequency. Lowering voltage until you get around 1 HW error per minute is usually a good reference “sweet spot.”

So lower voltages from stock in increments of 0x10 are 90, A0, B0, C0, D0, E0, F0 and higher are 0x70, 0x60, 0x50 etc. If you want slightly higher resolution just go increments of 0x08, so lowering voltage in lower increments would look like 0x88, 0x90, 0x98, 0xA0, 0xA8, 0xB0 etc.

The tool directly writes the voltages to the pic controllers memory, so all changes are saved even on reboot and power down. If you want to set everything back to stock, you have to set the stock voltage for each chain using:

Code:
./set_voltage 1 80
./set_voltage 2 80
./set_voltage 3 80
./set_voltage 4 80

Enjoy! Keep in mind that the "other" solution has take a good few bucks or so a month of profit per L3 miner, so while I like helping out the community when I can especially in cases like this, please consider donating a few dollars per L3 if you end up using this tool, especially if you guys want me to work on similar tools or release more free stuff (like the auto voltage tuner I'm working on)  Tongue

LTC: LQZpb8AqbggUmsdPKr28DzdNcRP7MJ8kEf
BTC: 1LeA29mLjTFCyB5J6Yiq4TFtAck2VDPUZf

DISCLAMER: While the tool has basic error checking its not idiot proof, so be careful especially when overvolting. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FRY YOUR BOARD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: