Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questioning Satoshi Nakamoto's existence...  (Read 11074 times)
TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:08:57 PM

I hope he doesn't get found out. It would be a travesty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b.miller (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:11:32 AM

Satoshi uses British English and inserts two spaces between sentences. Does Paco Ahlgren?

Yeah because a professional writer wouldn't know how to sound British and a professional editor wouldn't know how to add 2 spaces at the end of a sentence.  By the way, you're the only person who would notice that.
JohnRetardKeynes

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:06:25 PM

Satoshi uses British English and inserts two spaces between sentences. Does Paco Ahlgren?

Check for yourself: http://coinbits.com/bitcoin-cannot-fail.html

But i must warn you that wordpress sometimes auto-formats text depending on users settings, so, it may not mean much if he doesn't use the 2 spaces between sentences in his blog Wink

About the british english, well... I can't pronounce myself because i learnt english watching to hollywood movies lol

The article definitely uses American english

criminalize (criminalise would be more common in UK, though ize is perfectly correct)
cell phone (a "mobile" in UK)
decentralized (again, ise ending more common in UK)
privatization
Swingjinx

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:37:52 AM

Occams Razor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor) tells me that:

This Satoshi dude/dudes/dudette is a guy that hangs out of the crypto list, he/she/they
read Paco Ahlgren’s book "Discipline", got inspired and created bitcoin.

Paco then found bitcoin and thought f*cking nice, this looks like the stuff in my book,
lets write about it.

All other explanations are less likely.
/GoK

I'm with you all the way..... until...

why did Paco Ahlgren then decide to delete his blog post about bitcoin?

Why wouldn't he?  I'm sure that he's aware that people are trying to connect him with Satoshi Nakamoto.  That's dangerous territory.  The guy is probably just trying to protect his ass from the rumor mill.  No matter what move he makes though, people are going to speculate now because his name is now linked to Nakamoto.  Good job guys.
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:14:56 PM

The most logical, simple explanation at this point in time, given all the evidence, is that he knows who Satoshi really is because Satoshi read his book and questioned him about it.  I think the writing styles are different enough that it's likely to be 2 people.  Also, nobody would be stupid enough to write an entire book about something then create it in real life and pretend they weren't the one who did it.  But if someone reads your obscure book and wants to talk to you about it because they think it contains awesome ideas, you're going to talk to them!  That's how authors are.  And then if they say they want to implement the idea in reality, you're not going to forget that either.

I think he knows who Satoshi really is, contacted him to let him know that people found out he's related, and Satoshi said the most logical step to take at this point is to take down the blog and stuff.
Cusser_Bitcoin

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:53:07 PM

If Satoshi mines a bitcoin and the network isn't around to see it, does it go in the blockchain?

Truly profound stuff  Huh Huh Huh
coinhammer

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:25:33 PM

Freaking awesome stuff - boggles the mind!
 Shocked
TBN7

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 04:25:02 AM

The most logical, simple explanation at this point in time, given all the evidence, is that he knows who Satoshi really is because Satoshi read his book and questioned him about it.  I think the writing styles are different enough that it's likely to be 2 people.  Also, nobody would be stupid enough to write an entire book about something then create it in real life and pretend they weren't the one who did it.  But if someone reads your obscure book and wants to talk to you about it because they think it contains awesome ideas, you're going to talk to them!  That's how authors are.  And then if they say they want to implement the idea in reality, you're not going to forget that either.

I think he knows who Satoshi really is, contacted him to let him know that people found out he's related, and Satoshi said the most logical step to take at this point is to take down the blog and stuff.

Man you are reaching now! So now they're best friends?? Hahaha! And what evidence are you basing this on?  Forget tv, this is all the entertainment that I need!
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:03:11 PM

... he knows who Satoshi really is because Satoshi read his book and questioned him about it ...
Satoshi always used tor and an anonymising email service, so it seems unlikely that he would have chosen to reveal his identity to Paco.
Desolator

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:04:18 AM

With certain projects and jobs and stuff I did in the past, I didn't think much of it until it became something and because of that I was sloppy with my privacy and personal details.  I'm sure if Satoshi was like "OMG someone should totally do that!  Like for real!" he probably wasn't thinking ahead to absolute security and sent it from a home IP or personal e-mail address or something.  Then when he realized financial laws and theft and governments would be after him, THEN he went all ninja Tongue  If he followed the suddenly secure it up path like that, obviously the first person in the chain of contacts he made would have been the guy who literally wrote the book on the topic.  I mean, you don't design the whole system then tell the author you think it's a good idea that would really work.  For all we know, he met him in person at a book signing or something.
LiZn2

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:54:37 PM

With certain projects and jobs and stuff I did in the past, I didn't think much of it until it became something and because of that I was sloppy with my privacy and personal details.  I'm sure if Satoshi was like "OMG someone should totally do that!  Like for real!" he probably wasn't thinking ahead to absolute security and sent it from a home IP or personal e-mail address or something.  Then when he realized financial laws and theft and governments would be after him, THEN he went all ninja Tongue  If he followed the suddenly secure it up path like that, obviously the first person in the chain of contacts he made would have been the guy who literally wrote the book on the topic.  I mean, you don't design the whole system then tell the author you think it's a good idea that would really work.  For all we know, he met him in person at a book signing or something.

Wrong.  I think his entire process was private and methodical. This man leaves no room for mistakes. Why the hell do you think he has us spinning in circles over this insignificant topic?  Because he was sloppy in the beginning? I think not...
cgpgroup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 03:04:29 AM

I personally don think the dude exists..

Checkout the most amazing affiliate program http://onehourwin.com/
BigBit

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 09:58:45 PM

This forum is a waste of space.  Who cares about Paco Ahlgren or Satoshi Nakamoto??  The real issue at hand is making sure that bitcoin becomes as important as the dollar bill and that it never disappears.  THAT is what we should be discussing--not this stupid cat and mouse chase about who did or said or saw what about who MIGHT have created bitcoin. 
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 10:39:02 PM

Paco Ahlgren already have his sites up again and he made a new article about bitcoin where he says that he's not Satoshi Nakamoto

Read it here: http://coinbits.com/note/the-future-of-bitcoin-and-digital-currencies-paco-ahlgren/
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:25:01 AM

Paco Ahlgren already have his sites up again and he made a new article about bitcoin where he says that he's not Satoshi Nakamoto

Read it here: http://coinbits.com/note/the-future-of-bitcoin-and-digital-currencies-paco-ahlgren/

Dont you mean Satoshi Nakamura? :p
TBN7

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:37:28 AM

Dont you mean Satoshi Nakamura? :p

Yep, that was clever of him.  Smooth.
Desolator

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:56:41 AM

Did anyone find out if it was like failing to load anything from the server or simply disabled on purpose while it was "down"?  Because I have a really good feeling that one of those famous hacker groups started bitcoins because it would be very beneficial for them and inline with their ideals.  They obviously based it on this dude's writings.  Whether they made up Satoshi or they sort of made it up as a fake name for the author of the book that obviously described the system, if it was them, what happened makes sense in that case.

They could have easily taken the sites down themselves if people were starting to figure out the fake name was him or were incorrectly focusing on him in case he knew who some of the members were personally.  Then tada, he's back up again with that silly article Tongue

That seems like the most logical answer at the moment.  If you really think about it, it can't be a one man show with him behind everything.  If he's satoshi, he wouldn't have published the article in the first place then hopped it to a new site then taken it down then put an "it's not me" article up.  No reasonable, smart person would think all of those were wise decisions.  It has all the markings of someone telling him what to do and scrambling in the process.

Activity: 198

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:55:48 AM

an ebook torrent would be most awesome.... anyone? do i actually have to go buy this? saddest face ever... but if he did invent the bitcoin i guess i owe it to him. even thought i hiiiiiiiighly doubt 1 twist made bitcoins. pretty sure the idea that a group of people made them is a better idea. And also the idea that this has been planned out for a very long time. Everything is coming together, in every aspect of life not just bitcoins. Im just watching, waiting, and learning along the way. I totally wish I was born about 10 years earlier....

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:10:48 AM

an ebook torrent would be most awesome....

A bookstore that takes bitcoins would be more awesome.

Maybe this guy inspired, knows, or is Satoshi and maybe not but either way it's a hell of a lot of effort to write a book and he deserves to be paid for it.

Activity: 198

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:46:47 PM

^ correct.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: