Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:43:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At just $1, QUARK will be #3 on the planet  (Read 10599 times)
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:07:33 AM

I never understand that, someone comes in with say 300,000 quarks, but decides they want to sell NOW.
They crash the market 25%, then it bounces straight back afterwards.  Result is that the person with 300.000 quarks has lost out on bitcoins and the little fish have gained some cheap coins.

It seems ridiculous, but it happens pretty frequently.

Seems that there is really a lot of ridiculous decisions in QRK. It's not single example - tons of them, people are selling and selling and selling "just now". We could reach price at least $0.5 during weekend, but... Sad

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

I never understand that, someone comes in with say 300,000 quarks, but decides they want to sell NOW.
They crash the market 25%, then it bounces straight back afterwards.  Result is that the person with 300.000 quarks has lost out on bitcoins and the little fish have gained some cheap coins.

Seems that there is really a lot of ridiculous decisions in QRK. It's not single example - tons of them, people are selling and selling and selling "just now". We could reach price at least $0.5 during weekend, but... Sad

It's most likely them buying them back at a cheaper price. When they make the market crash (buy dumping all of those coins) noobs panic and sell their coins too expecting it to drop further. Mr 300,000 then jumps in at the lower price established as a result of the panic and makes a extra few thousand coins.

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:34:55 AM

They crash the market 25%, then it bounces straight back afterwards.  Result is that the person with 300.000 quarks has lost out on bitcoins and the little fish have gained some cheap coins.

It's most likely them buying them back at a cheaper price. When they make the market crash (buy dumping all of those coins) noobs panic and sell their coins too expecting it to drop further. Mr 300,000 then jumps in at the lower price established as a result of the panic and makes a extra few thousand coins.

Sounds correct for 'sudden dump', like it was with BTC on Saturday, but now it it not sudden - it lasts many hours.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:32:27 AM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Quark&_osacat=0&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.XQRK&_nkw=QRK&_sacat=0&_from=R40

this is because there is so much capital caught up on the sidelines -

its pretty frustrating.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:35:04 AM

can be solo mined?
Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:36:14 AM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Quark&_osacat=0&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.XQRK&_nkw=QRK&_sacat=0&_from=R40

its pretty frustrating.
\

What the... People are bidding $100 on 200 QRK  Shocked
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:39:37 AM

its pretty frustrating.
\

What the... People are bidding $100 on 200 QRK  Shocked

Wow, might sell a little ... but how do you stop them just reversing the paypal transaction afterward?
victzhang

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:44:51 AM

Seems like it's just a huge pump and dump scheme? What can we actually buy with Quarkcoins?

Currently there are more than 20 merchants accepting Quark payment.

http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/30/list-merchants-accepting-quark-payment

Also, you can use QuarkSpend.com to buy anything you want.
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:23:53 AM

Invest in Quark or regret forever, fortune favors the brave  Smiley

put down minimum $100, if it fails (impossible) Eat less food for a month to regain the loss.

FiniteRed

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:11:30 PM

Quarkcoin would need a market cap of ~$245,715,425 USD to be worth 1$ a coin (at time of writing) This is a massive amount of investment required in a coin that is already at $0.20. Quark is clever in its implementation and all but what makes it better/more useful/more adoptable and preferable to Litecoin exactly?

(I have a small amount of Quark don't get me wrong - but I purchased my coins when it was worth peanuts)

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:18:36 PM

It is massive, kind of.
250million is actually nothing, the US government prints that much in QE in just over 2 hours!
If Quark is to take off in any way, then $1 is nothing.  At the moment it seems a lot, but with China pumping in money everwhere, it actually isn't much at all.

Don't forget, litecoin doesn't need to stay at it's market cap either, we are 50% of what litecoin was 2 weeks ago, but actually we are only 6% the size of litecoin... the goal posts are moving!  We could be $5 a quark and still the number 5 coin in a few months...  

EDIT and in reply to the aptly named noob, Quark wasn't premined at all.
FiniteRed

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:28:15 PM

It is massive, kind of.
250million is actually nothing, the US government prints that much in QE in just over 2 hours!
If Quark is to take off in any way, then $1 is nothing.  At the moment it seems a lot, but with China pumping in money everwhere, it actually isn't much at all.

Don't forget, litecoin doesn't need to stay at it's market cap either, we are 50% of what litecoin was 2 weeks ago, but actually we are only 6% the size of litecoin... the goal posts are moving!  We could be $5 a quark and still the number 5 coin in a few months...  

Thanks for the response Smiley

I guess I need to get past thinking 245 million is a big number - globally it is indeed peanuts. If/when crypto actually goes mainstream then yes - Quark could indeed be one of the big winners in the future...

*runs off to buy a little more*

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:34:10 PM

It is massive, kind of.

I guess I need to get past thinking 245 million is a big number - globally it is indeed peanuts. If/when crypto actually goes mainstream then yes - Quark could indeed be one of the big winners in the future...

Yep, price of Quark has been oscilating in the scope of 0.0001 to 0.0002 BTC since 2-3 days. Buy now where it is close to the bottom of this range or you will regret it after week-month.
Remember it is listed on btc38.com in upcoming coins to chinese market.

GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:16:16 PM

It is massive, kind of.

Yep, price of Quark has been oscilating in the scope of 0.0001 to 0.0002 BTC since 2-3 days. Buy now where it is close to the bottom of this range or you will regret it after week-month.
Remember it is listed on btc38.com in upcoming coins to chinese market.

Yep, BTC38 China launch soon  Smiley

Quark to the MOON motherf***krs !

Grin

yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:18:33 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 03:31:03 AM by yacare

Just a few unanswered questions (pasted from their official forum):

Who's the founder?  Is he/she known and still active on the project?

Is there a list of developers that are currently working on QRK?
Are new developers allowed join the team?

Why do they set the default official website under .com domain?  (Just try, enter quarkcoin.org and you will see it redirected to .com)
Is it a community organization/development or a commercial .com business?

Note: I do have some quarks, I like how fast it is, in a practical sense it works very well.
I just see that there are some fundamental questions that remain unanswered by the supposed developers...

Can someone help to clarify those doubts?
I think that more info and transparency will be needed for people to trust it (and then see a price increase).

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:54:22 AM

Quarkcoin would need a market cap of ~$245,715,425 USD to be worth 1$ a coin (at time of writing) This is a massive amount of investment required in a coin that is already at $0.20. Quark is clever in its implementation and all but what makes it better/more useful/more adoptable and preferable to Litecoin exactly?

(I have a small amount of Quark don't get me wrong - but I purchased my coins when it was worth peanuts)

FR

By using the power of the free market ,  there are no super holders of Q .

This selling has been just more of a transfer to smaller and more distributed hands , so what occurs ?

Large holders sell out of ignorance or to keep the price low ?

Many smaller buyers buy it up which strengthens our network and distributes our community base further .

We already have one of the largest forums .

Everyone is getting involved im getting lots of emails by professionals,  that want to help develop why ?

Because the price is 20c .

Which will further spur growth , Quark is the currency of and for the people .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:56:27 AM

Just a few unanswered questions (pasted from their official forum):

Who's the founder?  Is he/she known and still active on the project?

Is there a list of developers that are currently working on QRK?
Are new developers allowed join the team?

Why do they set the default official website under .com domain?  (Just try, enter quarkcoin.org and you will see it redirected to .com)
Is it a community organization/development or a commercial .com business?

Note: I do have some quarks, I like how fast it is, in a practical sense it works very well.
I just see that there are some fundamental questions that remain unanswered by the supposed developers...

Can someone help to clarify whose doubts?
I think that more info and transparency will be needed for people to trust it (and then see a price increase).

bunch of noobs riding on bitcoin success that implemented a half-backed idea like 90% of coins. Still more trustable than federal reserve.

Poor little franky : ( 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Maconi

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:57:27 AM

There is still an elite of top 10 Quark owners that could manipulate the market, and it only takes someone comming up with an even faster and more secure cryptocurrency to surpass this currency. I hope im wrong because i've already invested.

Zerocoin, assuming it ever comes out.  Tongue

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B4hZNM87m17kEBmkZgz7TGmf2QzPaqmWKv
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:17:25 AM

..., Quark is the currency of and for the people .

If Quark is the currency of and for the people, can you answer my previous questions?
As you (digitalindustry) seem to be some kind of "insider", maybe you can help me (and many others) clarify those doubts.

Thank you for your help on this.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

If Quark just hits $1 per coin, it'll be the 3rd Largest Coin on the planet. Everyone will want a piece of this coin, This is truly the crypto for the "masses".

Great security and potential for "mass" usage.

Get in while it's cheap  Smiley

Quark seems really attractive now. Fast, very secure, usable for trade usage.

btw I'm promoting and working with Datacoin, but it is not just for money transactions - dtc has another purpose. Just to be decent, for 'pure trade' I'd like to use Quarks.

The coin isn't secure as long as over 3/4ths of the hashing power is being directed at one entity... sorry, but that's just how it is.  

For the exact same reason that this isn't good for Bitcoins

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: