Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a bitcoin treasurer  (Read 1413 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2011, 02:38:39 AM

Need a reputable person to act as bitcoin treasurer for our venture below.

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3370.0

Reward will be in equity if you're not already an investor.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 02:39:27 AM

I might be interested - hop on irc and ping me, lemme know what would be involved Smiley

<edit>Or send me a PM, I suppose. But IRC is faster.</edit>
praxeologist

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 03:25:31 AM

I might be interested too, just tell me what is involved.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 03:27:48 AM

I'll do it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2011, 03:52:51 AM

Thanks for the interest guys, as for what would a treasurer do? The same thing that they do in regular companies, except it's with bitcoins.

This position is going to be one of high responsibility, so trust and reputstion(with the associated loss of reputation on cheating).

Could the three of you pm me the forum profile accounts of people you can use as references, the more the better and the more reputable the references the better.

Once I collect the initial funding investors will get to vote on who to accept for the position.

praxeologist

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 04:17:34 AM

You can look in my sig and see a few names you ought to recognize. I'm on IRC a lot and haven't posted here much yet. Just saying "Uh, what a treasurer does." isn't a very good answer. How much time are you expecting this to occupy and what does "equity share" really mean. I sort of read your threads already and know the idea though.

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2011, 04:53:13 AM

You can look in my sig and see a few names you ought to recognize. I'm on IRC a lot and haven't posted here much yet. Just saying "Uh, what a treasurer does." isn't a very good answer. How much time are you expecting this to occupy and what does "equity share" really mean. I sort of read your threads already and know the idea though.

Fair enough, the job would mean you would be responsible for keeping the companies money,making payments, getting reciepts(or their equivalent) releasing funds, and keeping records/accounts(expenses by who how much for what etc.). And on quarterly basis pay dividends.

How much time? Not too much, there would be daily accounts settlement for the general running, request for expenses and re-imbursement. Keeping in contact and working with our cash treasurer(who has the same job as yours but for cash as opposed to bitcoin). Im guessing up to 30 mins a day once we get into a routine.

Equity means a share in the company, shares represent ownership in the company, have voting rights on motions and recieve dividends(all profits will be paid out in dividends). Basically it's a share in the ownership, decision making, and profits of the company. And you can if you wish sell these on atany time for whatever you wish.

Exactly what the share will be that must be decided by the investors in our first general meeting(held after first funding is provided),it would also be when the investors vote on whether to accept those for ceo, secretary 1 & 2, bitcoin & cash treasurers.

I'd say some accounting experience or understanding would be nessesary as well as some familiarity with some acconting package(would gnu cash be good enough?).

Hope this answers your questions.

malditonuke

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 09:45:11 AM

Have you guys drawn up a business plan?  Since I'm new I wouldn't expect to be appointed Treasurer, but I've helped start around 7 or 8 companies in the past.  If anything, I can offer advice.

For instance, if you haven't already drafted a business plan (and especially if it is your first time), you can access free information (including templates):
http://www.sba.gov/category/navigation-structure/starting-managing-business/starting-business/writing-business-plan

the small business administration (sba.gov) is a valuable resource.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: