Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop alert  (Read 358 times)
sham100899 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 12:48:50 AM

Please beware of some scammers who use fake aidrop to get your personal information. And break into your account using those information that they get from you.

In order to avoid this kind of scam you need to join airdrop of those legit airdrop channels or sources, and you can easily distinguish that it is a scam if the airdrop information makes you doubt if it's legit or not. Just read first before joining any kind of airdrop and join airdrop from legit sources.

Hope it helps!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoanghai101296

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:02:31 AM

Some examples of this form of fraud
Check carefully before sending your ETH or BTC

Airdrop enter Private key to verify, be careful with type of airdrop like this!

Do not give PRIVATE KEY, FILE KEY to any airdrop

Thank you for reading my article
Lakshitha1977

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:27:37 AM

Please beware of some scammers who use fake aidrop to get your personal information. And break into your account using those information that they get from you.

One of the biggest problems regarding airdrops, there are many everyday, but most of them are scams, or some desperate people trying to steal from you.

In order to avoid this kind of scam you need to join airdrop of those legit airdrop channels or sources, and you can easily distinguish that it is a scam if the airdrop information makes you doubt if it's legit or not. Just read first before joining any kind of airdrop and join airdrop from legit sources.

It will be much helpful if you can post some legit sources too. not only me, many will find it useful.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
ZuperZ

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:30:31 AM

this is very alarming today Sad I have many friends who are victims of these scam airdrops hope it can be regulated soon Smiley
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:34:10 AM

Yes true. In these days most airdrops are the scam. They are looking to steal your private keys, KYC documents etc. The most airdrop telegram channels and sites are looking to share their referral links. Then you hard to find legit airdrops. You have to do your own research to find legit airdrops.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:35:01 AM

Most of these "airdrops" are just straight up scams to collect your information to sell it or try to phish your crypto later.  Don't even waste your time with these, seriously.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:34:05 PM

It's easy, don't ever take part in something that wants information from you that isn't publicly available or can be made public without harming you. Simple. Don't give private keys, don't install anything, don't make KYC by giving away your personal data like ID etc.
Komorhan

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:09:26 PM

Some say they will give you extra airdrops. mail, or if you see a link from somewhere, do not click. Find and join on BitCoinTalk.
bimbie

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:43:49 PM

Yes it's true,don't ever gave them so much information of you and your account especially private key.We must be keen/wise observer and reader so that scammer will not win over us.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:50:03 PM

With enough personal data they can break almost anywhere so ur bank account, bitcoin exchange account, ebay account etc.
Be very carefull and protect always your personal data.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:52:48 PM

Well in this world were money is the most needed by people ,they will do everything just to get it. Just be careful in clicking malicious link that was sent your email addreses. The safest action is to not respond just ignore those mails.
Behene

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:14:37 AM

The number of airdrop scam makes me careful to choose them
me888

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:14:11 AM

this is very alarming today Sad I have many friends who are victims of these scam airdrops hope it can be regulated soon Smiley
Joined 3 airdrops, unfortunately all are scams  Embarrassed
mybloomingpath

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:41:30 PM

Unfortunately most of Airdrops are scams or at least received tokens worth nothing. Anyway thank you for warning. I would be more attentive to the forms I'm filling and to requested information.
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 01:16:31 PM

I think there is a very thin possibility of airdrops getting regulated because they are crypto related and governments currently don't involve in them much.
Always try to stay away from airdrops that require your personal information as KYC. Many may even pay you their tokens but many of them would end up getting Not listed on exchanges and thereby be worthless whereas they would have gotten your personal details.

Komorhan

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:15:06 PM

my thought was that the airdrop jobs were no more garbage, and even the twitter and facebook bounty are so bad that the result is even worse. joining your signature campaigns by collecting merit by making good quality postings to you. otherwise you are agreeing to 7 twelve weeks bounty of 7 dollars coin you paid for.
nonycinta

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:27:20 PM

Most of the airdrops are simply mining for personal information.
okorocrypto

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:18:16 AM

Hope it helps!
You are very correct, several attempts have been made to log into my trading account using information I supplied through scam airdrops.... I was just lucky that those attempts were not sucessful.
Grandjosh

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:27:45 AM

Hope it helps!

From my experience, to be on the safer side I will say Its better to do airdrop of solid projects or icos with strong white paper , team. Community and intended product. And importantly, don't click links that are sent to your email from airdrop managers. Just copy and paste on a browser you don't use, most are phsing scam links. So stay safe.
okorocrypto

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:45:21 AM

It's easy, don't ever take part in something that wants information from you that isn't publicly available or can be made public without harming you. Simple. Don't give private keys, don't install anything, don't make KYC by giving away your personal data like ID etc.
Are you saying that we should never submit KYC documents ? If no, on what occasion can one participate in KYC? The last time I checked, most legit airdrops carried out KYC example, Polymath and Shipchain. These are correct Airdrops and projects and KYC was compulsory.
BTCW
Copper Member

Activity: 193
Merit: 235

Click "+Merit" top-right corner

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:16:56 AM

Anyone or any service asking for your private key is a scammer, 100%.

Not limited to Airdrop scams. Stay safe!

NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY WITH ANYONE - OK?

SendBTC.me <<< amazing imitative
cryptoperu

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:40:38 AM

there are only five days of Airdrop https://bitcoinair.org/
check it and collect your XAP coin.
ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5044039.new#new
Bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5043988.0
Screamshot

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

I think airdrops would soon come to an end. I personally think it's has been bastardise and it not even worth anything. And those that turn out good end up in the dust much latter

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
mudyak99

Activity: 304
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

I already to stop airdrop on last month october, because are many airdrops is scam and fake. I already registered 50+ airdrops and only 1 airdrop real and landing in my account. So if when avery people try to share airdrop with KYC or not, big reward or low reward, and top airdrop or success airdrop. I don't join it
Obiwankenodium
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

You can filter out a lot of scam airdrops by onky joining airdrops from trustworthy sources, they fo thr checks for you and you give them a bonus by joining through their ref link.
Furthermore i use a seperate email, mew and passwords for airdrops.

yarelydiaz
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 64

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:11:57 PM
Merited by Husires (2)

Don't even know what the theme with Airdrop relevant, given the state of the market, all Airdrops now is quite small  Sad If you still take part, then of course,it is better to have a separate mail for this, and never follow the links from the native mail, and it is better to use a virtual machine (I use Hyper-V).

Best handmade jewelry 📿 : bracelets, amulets, earrings ❤️handmade❤️ 🕉 pm 🕉 Can send by mail worldwide!
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:41:02 PM

I think airdrops would soon come to an end. I personally think it's has been bastardise and it not even worth anything. And those that turn out good end up in the dust much latter

I don't think so, airdrop will be always exist because it always being part of advertising from the project, just like giveaways. Even Blockchain are currently airdropping XLM worth of $125.000.000 to their users, for telling people that they are now accepting Stellar on their platform, it's advertising.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Chantella

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:40:17 AM

How often does it happen in your experience that a project holds an airdrop yet for a lot of members they say that they didn't fill all the necessary tasks (even though they think they did) and therefore are not qualified for the airdrop.. can this be a scam as well?
liansehao

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:12:16 AM

Hope it helps!
Yes, you're right. There are so many scammes around us. We should stay alert and be careful with airdrop and bounty campaign.
sincenam

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:31:56 AM

Joined 3 airdrops, unfortunately all are scams  Embarrassed
sorry to hear that. Hope you can learn from your mistake and will not be scammed again.
St_3179

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:54:57 AM

As I've understood even a lot of projects hold airdrops just to get people's information, isn't that right? Well of course, by airdrops they can increase their visibility and also increase their followers and supporters list, but is there even another reason why a project would want to hold an airdrop if not for gaining access to people's details?
yarelydiaz
Copper Member

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:03:01 PM

As I've understood even a lot of projects hold airdrops just to get people's information, isn't that right? Well of course, by airdrops they can increase their visibility and also increase their followers and supporters list, but is there even another reason why a project would want to hold an airdrop if not for gaining access to people's details?

I think the surrounding reality is cruel and at the moment airdrop is needed solely for marketing purposes, obtaining subscribers in social networks, obtaining consent to send an email. I do not think that you, as an investor, look positively on the free distribution of tokens...

Best handmade jewelry 📿 : bracelets, amulets, earrings ❤️handmade❤️ 🕉 pm 🕉 Can send by mail worldwide!
kATETom

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:37:58 AM

It is true. There are more and more airdrop scam out there, some of my friends are also scammed recently. We should be carefully and stay alert to protect ourselves.
yarelydiaz
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:37:48 PM

It is true. There are more and more airdrop scam out there, some of my friends are also scammed recently. We should be carefully and stay alert to protect ourselves.
That's right. Even the major channels for airdrop (like airdropalert), unfortunately, came across on such things as airdrop/advertising Scam projects.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: