Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete noob struggling with two displays, two gpu's and cgminer in Linux Mint  (Read 663 times)
sussex (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:33:45 PM

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the best place for this post, maybe a mod can help a newbie out?

I am new to the coin mining and Linux, so I might be biting off more than I can chew Smiley

My rig:

Gigabyte OC mobo
12gigs ram
2x HD5850 video cards, not in crossfire mode.
i7 920 o/clocked to 4gig (always stable)
Dual monitor

Linux Mint Debian 64bit running latest Fglrx drivers and catalyst.
Latest AMD SDK
Cgminer 3.3.1.1 (the only one in the Mint repository)

I am trying to get one card to run the two monitors in extended desktop mode and have the second card solely mining.

I have literally been at this for three solid days now, I must have re-installed various Linux flavours over twenty times and read hundreds and hundreds of web pages, but the answer still eludes me - if there is an answer, that is.

My problem is that if I try to run two monitors then cgminer only sees one gpu. If I just run one monitor (or two cloned) then cgminer sees both gpus.

It doesn't matter if I plug a display into each video card or put both monitors on one card, I have the same problems with a little variation.

This is quite a long story, I hope you have enough info to at least know if you might be able to help and I would be happy to post various config files here if it's useful.

At the moment, my machine is mining quite happily, but I sorely miss my second monitor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: