Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Devastation  (Read 504742 times)
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:48:48 PM

OROBTC, apologies if my words were a bit harsh. I was suffering a very bad GI infection.

But I don't want to back off of my point which is you always fall back to "nothing can be predicted, thus the safest is to buy gold".

I know your point is that gold has proven itself for centuries. Actually that is even incorrect (although the case against gold is stronger now). There are many hordes buried in the ground because it was of course very unsafe even in the Dark Ages to have a large amount of gold if you did not have castle, an army, etc.. It isn't as simple as it seems (buy gold as a small entity and you will be safe from the government). Armstrong has stated that gold is only useful for about 2 - 3 year crisis of governance, after that food becomes money. Monetary systems need stability in order to function. The reason civilization has risen up from total chaos of the jungle is the stability of social organization which provides for all the great advances in productivity.

I think if you spent some time here in the poor areas of Mindanao, you might appreciate more human nature under financial stress. I remember when my American friend's daughter was decapitated in a roadside accident in Mindanao and when he texted me (he was the only one to survive as he was in the back of van behind the last front facing row of seats) and I followed in a motorcycle I reached the van along the side of the road and the locals were already dismantling it to steal the battery, etc, while the brain was still lying there in the highway and had been rolled over by trucks and spread out all over.

The Philippines is a dangerous place. I am happy my son will be leaving here to go back to USA in May.

I'm used to your frank language, no worries.  This thread is a bit like Zero Hedge's Fight Club.  But, we all know that you're a good guy.

Gold is just a part of my diversification strategy.  As is Bitcoin.  And Peru.  And...

I certainly can believe and appreciate that The Philippines is a dangerous place.  Peru is as well, although I don't know which would be more so.  Peru is "Plan B" for my wife and me, just in case.

I think you are correct re your son coming to America.  Exposure to the USA is a good thing for a world citizen.  A great education.  Your son can always go back to The Philippines.

Re old business.  I did not mean to demean CoinCube's table re Cycles of Contention.  What I SHOULD have written is that his table is useful for the ideas, even if the Cycles (to me) are not predictable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:55:28 PM

Correction he didn't text me. That was before cell phones were widely adopted in the Philippines. I think they sent the trailing van back to my house to inform me.
xSplit

Activity: 241
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:51:36 PM

This century is final agony before death, at least for western civilization

And it is fine, we don't deserve to live in this painful world
minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:57:01 PM

More thoughts on Kakistocracy, and cycle #6. There may be competition in the
form of a rebirth of religion - Coincube hints at this in his reference to ascesis.
There is no reason that these two could not coexist in some form.

There is a historical precedent: The Roman Empire form 310 - 400 and the rise
of Christianity. The downside is that this was not a good period to be struggling
to survive unless you had a large estate and a private army.

You might say that these sorts of divisions are playing out today in Western
Civilisation. As regards timing, these clashes tend to play out over decades,
so unless your're planting forests or building harbours you may not need
to pay much heed to events. I'll post something more on the USA once I've
had a chance to see the latest figures and assess the real value of CPI.

Investing in your children and your friends is the best investment you could
ever make.

xSplit

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:03:01 PM

form of a rebirth of religion - Coincube hints at this in his reference to ascesis.

of Christianity. The downside is that this was not a good period to be struggling

ever make.

Do not make children for any reason in this world
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:18:32 PM

That's a bit extreme in my opinion, don't let fear control you, having a family gives you something to live for when everything else collapses.
I can forget the rest of the world exists when I spend time with them, the marxists will cull themselves and that's not a bad thing, don't get caught up in the cancer of politics and swept away by fear.
Do your own thing and only worry about that which truly matters.

I have watched my own friends turn into hardcore SJW'S in the last 12 months, you can't do a damn thing about this, I have really tried, now I just have to laugh at it all and enjoy the freakshow they're putting on.
xSplit

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:35:09 PM

That's a bit extreme in my opinion, don't let fear control you, having a family gives you something to live for when everything else collapses.
I can forget the rest of the world exists when I spend time with them, the marxists will cull themselves and that's not a bad thing, don't get caught up in the cancer of politics and swept away by fear.

I have watched my own friends turn into hardcore SJW'S in the last 12 months, you can't do a damn thing about this, I have really tried, now I just have to laugh at it all and enjoy the freakshow they're putting on.

You can have a family without making children, adopt some if you want to have a family but don't make more children

Everyone will end up dead after suffering, struggling for nothing, unless you believe in god and in eternal life making children is pointless and causes suffering upon innocents
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:48:25 PM

ever make.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. Do you have kids? I bet not.
xSplit

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:55:12 PM

ever make.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. Do you have kids? I bet not.

Explain why it is stupid, the good things in life do not compensate the bad sides
iamnotback

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:35:04 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 12:58:11 AM by iamnotback

xSplit has suffered a lot. Try to understand his psychology with empathy. How could we turn his experiences and give him hope?

...don't let fear control you, having a family gives you something to live for when everything else collapses.

I agree with this. I contemplate if there are ways we could get organized and fight back as a society of like minded men, but we also have to remember that we are all different. So what would be our common goal or bond that would be compatible with increasing tolerance of differences (i.e. increasing degrees-of-freedom) yet also sustain the coordination long-term across generations?

Even my Cherokee ancestors who were very organized and well guarded canyon entrances were duped by some traitors within their ranks, then ensued the Trail of Tears. That was done by Andrew Jackson, that so many goldbugs admire.

What is the absolute truth that would unite men?

When Jason Hommel asked me in 2006 what was my goal (he is a psychology major), I said, "I want to know the truth".

Edit: the unstoppable power of leaderless organization:

http://www.starfishandspider.com/preview/index.html
xSplit

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:38:27 AM

xSplit has suffered a lot. Try to understand his psychology with empathy. How could we turn his experiences and give him hope?

>you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKPhjkw3Y84
iamnotback

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:50:32 AM

>you

You apparently did not have a loving family environment in your youth.

Nature takes care of culling those who aren't moving towards higher entropy. We don't have to become psychotic about the wonderful experience of family, but if you didn't experience this then your psychology would be warped.

Frankly I didn't experience all the loving family experience, but I got a taste of it, so I have some inkling of its worth. Yet I had enough suffering to relate to your psychology but I know it isn't healthy. You are culling yourself (your DNA).

You do not need to fear overpopulation. The population will congregate in high-rise cities. There will be abundant land and resources still.
xSplit

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:55:49 AM

>you

Nature takes care of culling those who aren't moving towards higher entropy. We don't have to become psychotic about the wonderful experience of family, but if you didn't experience this then your psychology would be warped.

Frankly I didn't experience all the loving family experience, but I got a taste of it, so I have some inkling of its worth. Yet I had enough suffering to relate to your psychology but I know it isn't healthy. You are culling yourself (your DNA).

1) I consider myself a spiritual being, no DNA defines me but only my will
2) No experience will save you from death and what comes before it
3) If you want a family adopt a child do not make new ones, stop pretending to love your children only because they come from your sperm

I have nothing more to say, you are clearly deluded as about 90% of people on earth, and this is why you are creating hell on earth
iamnotback

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:03:59 AM

>you

3) If you want a family adopt a child do not make new ones, stop pretending to love your children only because they come from your sperm

I have nothing more to say, you are clearly deluded as about 90% of people on earth, and this is why you are creating hell on earth

If you are so enlightened with the truth, why does your truth require you to ridicule my free will?

Without free will, how could our existence be anything but prescripted puppets, i.e. a static non-existence?

I am warning you that CoinCube and I (and others here) are very intelligent and you had better be prepared to defend your logic. Running away isn't impressive.

You can't know who and what is creating hell on earth, because omniscience would require a total order which would require a static non-existence. This has been explained scientifically numerous times upthread.

Everything has a purpose in nature. The entropy continues to trend towards maximum.

If we do not compete with our genetics, then the entropy declines and we (humans) potentially go extinct.
xSplit

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:11:09 AM

>you

If you are so enlightened with the truth, why does your truth require you to ridicule my free will?

Without free will, how could our existence be anything but prescripted puppets?

I am warning you that CoinCube and I (and others here) are very intelligent and you had better be prepared to defend your logic. Running away isn't impressive.

To murder is a crime, since you have free will you are able to murder other people, but is it right to do? Of course not.

The same logic applies to reproducing, it is an illogical, irrational, action supported only by a fake pleasure of ejaculation. Indeed without the pleasure of the sexual act humans would probably be extinct, but this is not the case we are talking about.

You are talking about having a loving family, a thing that absolutely requires no reproduction, if you have a woman you can just go and adopt one or more children and take care of those. But you are not interested in this, are you?

I am not impressive at all, the hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:17:54 AM

If we do not compete with our genetics, then the entropy declines and we (humans) potentially go extinct.

I will let CoinCube take a stab at explaining this in layman's terms and also the vacuum in another room that I mentioned upthread, if he wants to.

I think most readers haven't yet grasped the (what seems to be an absolute truth) of universal trend of entropy to maximum, because it is a mathematical concept.
Mbah Slamet

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:30:58 AM

I think, this is because of the large number of foreign domination in a country's important sectors, economic devastation will easily occur especially in the era of open economy like this one, to avoid the economic devastation, then the State is required to protect an important sector that ruled his life.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:52:04 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 07:03:53 AM by CoinCube

To murder is a crime, since you have free will you are able to murder other people, but is it right to do? Of course not.

The same logic applies to reproducing, it is an illogical, irrational, action supported only by a fake pleasure of ejaculation...

This logic is twisted xSplit. You equate reproduction to murder and then suggest that everyone who wants a family should just adopt. I think you would benefit from reading the Health and Religion thread.

Adoption is one of the most selfless acts a person can do. It is an attempt (at great cost) to shelter the innocent from the moral failings of their parents or from ravages of cruel fate. Adoption is not a substitute for reproduction. That fact that it can serve as an emotionally substitute for some is tangential.

The most toxic form of leftism celebrates utter self-destruction for the "greater good". I can think of few moral foundations more treacherous then arguing that reproduction is akin to murder.

Such twisted thinking follows naturally from a culture of entitlements. The concept that are "owed" large financial rewards from birth. In a world of entitlements more children means less for those already born. Thus it becomes logical to turn on the unborn.

We are not transitioning to "hell on earth" we are learning. We are slow learners.

Cycles of Contention
Cycle #1  Cycle #2  Cycle #3  Cycle #4  Cycle #5  Cycle #6  
Mechanism of Control    Knowledge of Evil  Warlordism    Holy War  Usury  Universal Surveillance    Hedonism  
RulersThe Strong  Despots  God Kings/Monarchs    Capitalists    Oligarchs (NWO)  Decentralized Government    
Life of the Ruled"Nasty, Brutish, Short"    Slaves  Surfs  Debtors  Basic Income Recipients    Knowledge Workers  
Facilitated AdvanceKnowledge of Good    Commerce  Rule of Law  Growth  Transparency  Ascesis  

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:11:35 AM

I agree with this. I contemplate if there are ways we could get organized and fight back as a society of like minded men, but we also have to remember that we are all different. So what would be our common goal or bond that would be compatible with increasing tolerance of differences (i.e. increasing degrees-of-freedom) yet also sustain the coordination long-term across generations?

Even my Cherokee ancestors who were very organized and well guarded canyon entrances were duped by some traitors within their ranks, then ensued the Trail of Tears. That was done by Andrew Jackson, that so many goldbugs admire.

What is the absolute truth that would unite men?

When Jason Hommel asked me in 2006 what was my goal (he is a psychology major), I said, "I want to know the truth".

Edit: the unstoppable power of leaderless organization:

http://www.starfishandspider.com/preview/index.html

You know my answer to this question.

The Foundations of Contentionism:
Cycles of Contention
The Rise of Knowledge
Entropy is Information
The Math of Optimal Fitness
The Limits of Science
Religion and Progress
The Nature of Freedom
Morality and Sin
Knowledge, Entropy and Freedom

For those who wish to skip all the supporting logic my answer is in the last paragraph of the bottom link.

iamnotback

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:56:09 AM

Let China and the IRS suffer the same fate as the Spanish did if they try to play Whack-A-Mole against a decentralized phenomenon:

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: